GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazza played a lone hand for us last year, time for some players around him to stand up.
Bergy needs to return to 07 form, if he does, watch him poll strongly in the Whitley medal, this young fella oozes talent.
The Richerts will hopefully be steady as per usual, need more goals from the half forwards/midfielders, Markham especially. If Cammy Saliba and Lukey Iliopoulos can get it going like they promise occasionally, we're in for a strong year.

There were rumours that Bergys mate Verner from Corio was becoming a roo but last I heard was that he re-signed with the devils, other than that i think we have been pretty quiet, got some good mid 20 year olds who are ready to take on the GDFL powerhouses in 09 :cool:

Not sure if you know but lazza has signed at corio for 09

Not sure if you know but lazza has signed at corio for 09

might take a while for messages 2 get 2 anakie carrier pigeons r not the most reliable way 2 pass on news, electricity 2 reach anakie 2019, no long now m8 10 more years

I put a number of grounds ahead of Winchelsea.
Based on last year the leading grounds for the G & DFL were as follows:
Thomson (been the benchmark ground for a number of years)
Geelong West (played their home games at the GWSP home ground last year)
Inverleigh (had a quality surface last year and always has a great atmosphere :))
This is just my opinion however would be happy to hear other (non-winchelsea) people’s views on who has the best ground in the league.
Winchelsea sorry to say but sh*t rooms, sh*t atmosphere and sh*t location = sh*t ground
I also find it ironic that the two worst clubs in the league seem to be the only clubs getting talked about.
I think that poor old Anakie and Winch are trying to convince themselves they might actually record a win against someone other than each other this season :eek:
you have your head in your own ass inverleigh is the pits so is thomson, best grounds easily, nth geelong, corio, werribee and bell post hill

On the Inverleigh front I personally think next year will be a very exciting one for the club. The continued development of our younger players is what I am most keen to see, with their speed and enthusiasm sure to cause a few upsets during the year. Lachie Hill will be a superstar as will Muir (if we can keep a hold of him).

On the recruiting front Richard McAdam has been brought in to add some experiance and class. The club is apparently in talks with several other players of whom I can hopefully bring to your attention in the coming weeks.

In regards to other recruits. Been told that Lee Morrisson is thinking about joining Jason Drake at Banno, Rick Wilde is in talks with East Geelong and Rhett Smith is Torquay bound.
i will bare my ass in myers if morrison goes to bannock he is on $500 a game at newcomb noway will Bannock pay that especially the baggage he comes with!

you have your head in your own ass inverleigh is the pits so is thomson, best grounds easily, nth geelong, corio, werribee and bell post hill

um, yeah, nah! I still think you're missing winch boys! obviously no guru, guru.

As for winch, how many can you actually have on a list? 75-80? Is there anybody out there who doesn't want to get on the train, bus, taxi to the blues den? :p
Training starts back 19th at the club. 6pm.

On the climb 09':thumbsu:

For a supposed guru you seem to have limited knowledge of the grounds around the league. Thomson has been the leading ground in the G & DFL for a number of years now and how you can say sh*tholes like North Geelong, Werribee and Bell Post Hill are ahead of the GWSP ground is a worrying indication of your intelligence, or should I say lack of. Yes I may be a little bias in my rating of the Inverleigh ground but I still rate our ground higher than at least 3 of the 4 above mentioned clubs.
Also could you do the league a favor and change your username? It’s embarrassing that a person with as little knowledge as yourself is parading around with GDFL Guru as his username.

might take a while for messages 2 get 2 anakie carrier pigeons r not the most reliable way 2 pass on news, electricity 2 reach anakie 2019, no long now m8 10 more years

Well there was whispers of him leaving at the Presentation Night, but nothing was comfirmed as of then. I was hardly going to post something negative about my club when it hadn't been confirmed.

I also mentioned that the players around him needed to step up, well aware that Lazza might not be with the Roo's in 09.

If it is indeed true well then this is a setback for the Anakie F.C.

Although I think we should be alright, as I said earlier we have some very handy mid 20 year olds who I personally think are ready to take on the big guns.

Lazza played a lone hand for us last year, time for some players around him to stand up.
Bergy needs to return to 07 form, if he does, watch him poll strongly in the Whitley medal, this young fella oozes talent.
The Richerts will hopefully be steady as per usual, need more goals from the half forwards/midfielders, Markham especially. If Cammy Saliba and Lukey Iliopoulos can get it going like they promise occasionally, we're in for a strong year.

There were rumours that Bergys mate Verner from Corio was becoming a roo but last I heard was that he re-signed with the devils, other than that i think we have been pretty quiet, got some good mid 20 year olds who are ready to take on the GDFL powerhouses in 09 :cool:

What was wrong with berg in 08... bad back or something?

If you lost Lazza, do you think you can improve enough to make it into the 5 with no recruits?

For a supposed guru you seem to have limited knowledge of the grounds around the league. Thomson has been the leading ground in the G & DFL for a number of years now and how you can say sh*tholes like North Geelong, Werribee and Bell Post Hill are ahead of the GWSP ground is a worrying indication of your intelligence, or should I say lack of. Yes I may be a little bias in my rating of the Inverleigh ground but I still rate our ground higher than at least 3 of the 4 above mentioned clubs.
Also could you do the league a favor and change your username? It’s embarrassing that a person with as little knowledge as yourself is parading around with GDFL Guru as his username.

I think you are alot biased in your rating of the Hawks Nest, Inver09. Played cricket there just before Xmas and it is an absolute disgrace.
GWSP is currently under reno. If you want to judge just on playing surface alone, do yourself a favor and drive down to Winter Resort and have a look at a surface that has the MCG groundstaff green with envy. Granted the rest of our facilities are far from ideal, no parking, ground to small etc, but the surface of our oval is 1st rate as are the magnificent new lights that have been put in.:thumbsu:

What was wrong with berg in 08... bad back or something?

If you lost Lazza, do you think you can improve enough to make it into the 5 with no recruits?

I don't think it was back related but he was carrying a few injuries for most of the season. He will bounce back in 09.

I think we will need to recruit someone of similar standard to Lazza, if it is indeed correct he has signed at the devils. If we don't I don't believe we will make the 5 this season, but having said that we could still suprise a few teams and give it a good run.

I'm led to believe the coach & president are in negotiations with a dual GFL premiership player.

i will bare my ass in myers if morrison goes to bannock he is on $500 a game at newcomb noway will Bannock pay that especially the baggage he comes with!

If true you wonder why Newcomb are in so much trouble. $500 a game for a club like that is not good. Admittably he is worth it, he is a gun but gee Newcomb cant afford to be throwing those sort of dollars around.

I don't think it was back related but he was carrying a few injuries for most of the season. He will bounce back in 09.

I think we will need to recruit someone of similar standard to Lazza, if it is indeed correct he has signed at the devils. If we don't I don't believe we will make the 5 this season, but having said that we could still suprise a few teams and give it a good run.

I'm led to believe the coach & president are in negotiations with a dual GFL premiership player.

Care to share?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Care to share?

I'm not in the know that much Hitman.

Apparantly he is from South Barwon and has played in 2 GFL Premierships, there is an Assistant Coaching role believed to be offered in the package.

Also, a little bit of mail Jed Potter seen to be talking to St Albans recently, not sure of the connection but Simon Potter is playing there from reports, are they related?

Injury Update: Nobby Nolan from Corio won't play this season because of his troublesome knee's.

If true you wonder why Newcomb are in so much trouble. $500 a game for a club like that is not good. Admittably he is worth it, he is a gun but gee Newcomb cant afford to be throwing those sort of dollars around.

Well from what you hear $500 is a step down from what they were paying in the previous years, no wonder he is on the lookout for a new club.

He would be a great pickup, I hope he becomes a Roo :thumbsu:

Seen him play but never met the bloke, what's this "baggage" ?

I think you are alot biased in your rating of the Hawks Nest, Inver09. Played cricket there just before Xmas and it is an absolute disgrace.
GWSP is currently under reno. If you want to judge just on playing surface alone, do yourself a favor and drive down to Winter Resort and have a look at a surface that has the MCG groundstaff green with envy. Granted the rest of our facilities are far from ideal, no parking, ground to small etc, but the surface of our oval is 1st rate as are the magnificent new lights that have been put in.:thumbsu:

I think labeling our ground a disgrace is a little harsh?:thumbsdown:

Granted i may have been over-biased when rating the hawks nest in the upper echelons of the league grounds, however obviously with it being my home ground I feel a deep affection towards it :).

Still you would have to agree that labeling Bell Post Hill, North Geelong and Werribee as 3 of the 4 best grounds is ludicrous :confused::confused:

Also would like to know why people are labeling Thomson's ground as 'the pits'?

Belmonts ground is looking in very good shape Spider, only thing is that it is a bit small. The best ground would easily have to be Winchelseas for size and quality of grass-you could compare this to the MCG's. Anyone that says otherwise obviously hasn't seen it.

Other good grounds are Corio's, West, Thomson and Bell Post.

Don’t worry too much about Rootman Skanky. Rumour has it that since the horse bolted from the stable, his arm and upper body fitness has increased dramatically. Still hasn’t found that right foot however.

Hitman would want to keep at it still. He was seen cutting yet another run short, by almost 3km, the other day at Deakin. The lads with him looked like they could have gone all day, so I guess the pre-season work is starting to pay-off for most of the boys at Winch.

PS does anyone know how much a pie and coke will cost at Belmont this year?? Badman…

Skanky all as you have to worry about is the rootman being able to hit a target with that left foot. May be able to kick the thing, no good if its going to the opposition!!;);):p:p

As for the pie and coke i'm not sure how much it costs.... thats my payment this year. (fair enough after last year).:D

I think labeling our ground a disgrace is a little harsh?:thumbsdown:

Granted i may have been over-biased when rating the hawks nest in the upper echelons of the league grounds, however obviously with it being my home ground I feel a deep affection towards it :).

Still you would have to agree that labeling Bell Post Hill, North Geelong and Werribee as 3 of the 4 best grounds is ludicrous :confused::confused:

Also would like to know why people are labeling Thomson's ground as 'the pits'?
Your ground is crap however I did have one of the best meals I have eaten out at Inverleigh a week or so ago. Dropped into a fine establishment called Matilda's with a group of friends and was delivered a superb meal in the rural hamlet. Wonders will never cease.

I don't think historically the cash is the problem for the club given the amount of folding stuff they have handed over in the past couple of years. I know my mob lost a couple of players to the Dino's due to an inability to match the coin on offer and one of the players in question was one of our highest paid but didn't feature in their top 5.

I don't think historically the cash is the problem for the club given the amount of folding stuff they have handed over in the past couple of years. I know my mob lost a couple of players to the Dino's due to an inability to match the coin on offer and one of the players in question was one of our highest paid but didn't feature in their top 5.

Newcomb have spent up massively since 04, it got em 2 premierships and a Rrunners-up but where will the club be in 5 years time!

Who is this player Drago?

Belmonts ground is looking in very good shape Spider, only thing is that it is a bit small. The best ground would easily have to be Winchelseas for size and quality of grass-you could compare this to the MCG's. Anyone that says otherwise obviously hasn't seen it.

Other good grounds are Corio's, West, Thomson and Bell Post.

Can't argue with that badman. Ground is too small but there is nothing we can do about that. I must say I have always enjoyed playing at Werribee. Ground is always in good nick and I believe the ideal size for GDFL footy. Winchs ground is also a very good ground to play on, now that the council have finally spent the money renovating it. While I agree that BPH, Corio and Nth.Geelong have good playing surfaces, they're too bloody big for a larger than normal bloke like myself:D. With the amount of money that has been poured into John Mitchell Park (Thomson), it should be the best ground in the league and probably is. As for the Hawks Nest being a disgrace, I stand by that comment and lump the blame squarely on the feet of the Golden Plains Shire for being reactive, rather than proactive, when it comes to renovating the grounds that fall into its jurisdiction. The sooner they discover there are other towns beside Bannockburn within its boundaries, the better it will be for the remaining sporting clubs out in the district:thumbsdown:.

Lucky he got his flags already coz he wont get one with you blokes.

Lucky he got his flags already coz he wont get one with you blokes.

You make it sound like you have dominated the BFL Ammos08.
With the $ spent and the list you've had since the turn of the millenium, think your trophy cabinet would've been chock full with silverware.
2 Flags and how many choke efforts? :thumbsdown:

I'm sure the ex-South Barwon will bring some mates with him if he decides to sign on. Maybe even some from your own backyard Ammos08.
Anakie have got the cash to afford a few new faces, depends on wether we can get them to Fairy Park.

You make it sound like you have dominated the BFL Ammos08.
With the $ spent and the list you've had since the turn of the millenium, think your trophy cabinet would've been chock full with silverware.
2 Flags and how many choke efforts? :thumbsdown:

I'm sure the ex-South Barwon will bring some mates with him if he decides to sign on. Maybe even some from your own backyard Ammos08.
Anakie have got the cash to afford a few new faces, depends on wether we can get them to Fairy Park.

Haha nice.

Good luck getting some players, there's always a new batch of great players coming to the Geelong region, just gotta know where to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back