GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GDFL LADDER 2009

THOMSON
BELL POST HILL
CORIO
BANNOCKBURN-EAST GEELONG-BELMONT (these 3 sides in my opinoin could be fighting it out for theses spots come finals)
North Geelong
Inverleigh
Werribie
Anakie
Winchlesea
Geelong West

what do people think? i dont think inverleigh will be a contender they will be super competitive. Bell Post Hill could be a very good chance with winning a flag. any comments

BPH are a big chance to win it this year. Kept there list from last year and have added a ruckman from Hoppers. Not a bad effort macromantic. The only real change I would make is that I think BPH and East will be 1 and 2.
Winch has as much chance of making the 5 as the Toorak tractors down at Ammos08 land have of ever seeing mud. NONE:D

BPH are a big chance to win it this year. Kept there list from last year and have added a ruckman from Hoppers. Not a bad effort macromantic. The only real change I would make is that I think BPH and East will be 1 and 2.
Winch has as much chance of making the 5 as the Toorak tractors down at Ammos08 land have of ever seeing mud. NONE:D

You wouldn't happen to know that ruckmans name would you yabba dabba doooooo?

GDFL LADDER 2009

THOMSON
BELL POST HILL
CORIO
BANNOCKBURN-EAST GEELONG-BELMONT (these 3 sides in my opinoin could be fighting it out for theses spots come finals)
North Geelong
Inverleigh
Werribie
Anakie
Winchlesea
Geelong West

what do people think? i dont think inverleigh will be a contender they will be super competitive. Bell Post Hill could be a very good chance with winning a flag. any comments

East - Picked up a fair few and lost only a couple
Thomson - lost some quality players threw retirement
Corio - Lost a couple but picked up couple and got some good juniors
Bannoc - Mullan-grant massive lost picked up a couple but to many old players
Inverlie- Keep 95% of players can only improve on last year trotter is a gun
Bph- Moreland & holzfiend there best 2 in finals and there gone bph to fall out of 5
Belomont- should improve on last year may finish above bph
Werribee- you never really know about werribee
Whinch- Picked up a few but wont be enough to challenge top clubs
Anakie- lost lazer lost any hope off finals and maybe a couple more might be goin to corio from anakie
Nth- Picked up no-one lost a few
West- Only chance they have off getting of bottom was getting rid of pricey so they might jump nth and anakie now

Bph- Moreland & holzfiend there best 2 in finals and there gone bph to fall out of 5
Anakie- lost lazer lost any hope off finals and maybe a couple more might be goin to corio from anakie
West- Only chance they have off getting of bottom was getting rid of pricey so they might jump nth and anakie now

By saying "picked up a couple" and "lost a few" isn't much of an analysist however, I like your theory on BPH.

Where have these 2 gone.
Also noted a giant of a man who recently announced his retirment in long discussions with the spiritual leader from East. Watch this space.
Any truth that Wiesse from North is heading up the bush with a couple of blokes who left last year.

Where have these 2 gone.
Also noted a giant of a man who recently announced his retirment in long discussions with the spiritual leader from East. Watch this space.
Any truth that Wiesse from North is heading up the bush with a couple of blokes who left last year.

I spoke to a couple of players from East at the Cremourne and they are confident of having Wilde playing with them by Rd 6 or 7.

What a you basing Belmont's improvement on, that they under performed last year or are there some new recruits to speak of?
if there's no additions to last years list (feel free to set me straight), along with a few heading else where i wouldn't be supprised if they have a similar year to last, or fall further.

Where have these 2 gone.

The word getting around is that Weise and Fitzsimons are heading up to Creswick to join Vessey and Scown. There may be a couple more leaving also. I think it will be another rebuilding year with simular results to last year and getting game time experience into the kids.

yeh thanks mate. I think bph could definalety win it they will be hurting from last yr and they have the players to do it i would like to see belmont up there as well but i dont see them as top 3 at all yet very good rivarly between them and east:cool:

yeh thanks mate. I think bph could definalety win it they will be hurting from last yr and they have the players to do it i would like to see belmont up there as well but i dont see them as top 3 at all yet very good rivarly between them and east:cool:

Definately have a soft spot for the boys from Belmont. Reading the previous posts, they seem to have improved their list and kept most of the players from last year. If the rumors are true, they may have a couple of premiership players returning, which will add much needed experience to the playing group. Think you are right in saying they will finish below the top 3. Good to see these healthy rivalries remain strong in the league:thumbsu:
My top 4 is: BPH, East, Thompson, Corio, with Belmont or Inver 5th.

it's ok I found out. Andrew Venner. Will tear this league to pieces. Getting old but big unit and if he can keep his head will no doubt be my early pick to take the league medal
An ex-Hoppers boy, is a very big unit (not quite as big as his brother) and can play but would be pushing 35/36. I played with him as a junior before he got picked up by North in the late 80's. I don't know if he will take the league apart but will be one of the better players going around and a very handy pick-up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definately have a soft spot for the boys from Belmont. Reading the previous posts, they seem to have improved their list and kept most of the players from last year. If the rumors are true, they may have a couple of premiership players returning, which will add much needed experience to the playing group. Think you are right in saying they will finish below the top 3. Good to see these healthy rivalries remain strong in the league:thumbsu:
My top 4 is: BPH, East, Thompson, Corio, with Belmont or Inver 5th.

Is one of them Tatey?

Is one of them Tatey?

From what I hear Tate back with premiership players Moody, Horobin, Smith and Canavan at full forward. Recruits include Marcus Forbes, Brock Sanson and new dual coach Matt Murphy plus 20 new faces including two from Portland, alot of these guys look like pushing for the ones. Haami Williams, Brad Edwards and Luke Mahoney all training the house down. Leave a spot for Belmont in your top 5 predictions boys.:):thumbsu:

From what I hear Tate back with premiership players Moody, Horobin, Smith and Canavan at full forward. Recruits include Marcus Forbes, Brock Sanson and new dual coach Matt Murphy plus 20 new faces including two from Portland, alot of these guys look like pushing for the ones. Haami Williams, Brad Edwards and Luke Mahoney all training the house down. Leave a spot for Belmont in your top 5 predictions boys.:):thumbsu:

Lets be honest, PUNCHY. Pushing for senior footy at Belmont after last season isn't really a lot to go by. Losing Battersby is going to really hurt. Is Moody going to play or are you just throwing names out there? Played in a flag one year (after missing the 1st half of the season), then retired the next. Not the sort of committment you want from your players if you want to challenge for a top 3 spot again. Canavan will be important. Every side needs a strong imposing forward, and he certainly fits the bill.

The word getting around is that Weise and Fitzsimons are heading up to Creswick to join Vessey and Scown. There may be a couple more leaving also. I think it will be another rebuilding year with simular results to last year and getting game time experience into the kids.

Been solid players for North, massive loss if they are going.

I have heard they have got a former player back in Troy Gread, good player, played in interleague side 5 years ago, only 24. Paid him top.

word is Werribee centrals are talking up their chances of making finals this year. Spoke to one of there players and they are confident of making the top 3. Reckon their 8 new recruits are good enough to get them there. Time will tell but they will need some luck too you'd think.:cool:

the ruckman from hoppers will be on 400-600 a game and did archilles 2yrs ago and would 35+!but have heard he loves$$$$$ could this be bph downfall cause its alot of coin to pay someone that may not hav a beer in the rooms (show me the money):D

the ruckman from hoppers will be on 400-600 a game and did archilles 2yrs ago and would 35+!but have heard he loves$$$$$ could this be bph downfall cause its alot of coin to pay someone that may not hav a beer in the rooms (show me the money):D

Unfortunately that is the way of the football world now. Loyalty is a word that has been removed from the vocab of many footballers. I don't mean staying at a club all your life, I mean the simple things like staying for a beer after the game (home and away), attending functions, getting involved in the juniors etc. Just doesn't happen enough.

Unfortunately that is the way of the football world now. Loyalty is a word that has been removed from the vocab of many footballers. I don't mean staying at a club all your life, I mean the simple things like staying for a beer after the game (home and away), attending functions, getting involved in the juniors etc. Just doesn't happen enough.

Thats where recruiting players is now more then just on field performances. Fair enough its good to get a quality player but its probably more important that you find a decent player who does want to support the club. Really get the moneys worth...

Thats where recruiting players is now more then just on field performances. Fair enough its good to get a quality player but its probably more important that you find a decent player who does want to support the club. Really get the moneys worth...

That's the trouble though. Clubs are recruiting far and wide these days, and players will only travel for the right amount of coin. They bring nothing with them but an empty wallet, which once you fill it for them, they hop in their new car and drive off, only to be seen again on the training track. If you get one with a bit of decency they might appear for both training sessions. You can put anything you want in a contract. The simple fact is that if these players don't get their money as soon as they want it, they simply move on to somewhere else. I think this highlights the need to really look after your juniors and hope like hell they want to put something back into the club that has nurtured them from day one. Clubs like Inverleigh and Nth. Geelong constantly promote their kids and will survive long into the future. Other clubs are finally catching on to this theory. In recent years we've seen Thomson, Werribee and Belmont give some of their juniors a real crack at senior footy and will reap the longterm benefits of this:thumbsu:

That's the trouble though. Clubs are recruiting far and wide these days, and players will only travel for the right amount of coin. They bring nothing with them but an empty wallet, which once you fill it for them, they hop in their new car and drive off, only to be seen again on the training track. If you get one with a bit of decency they might appear for both training sessions. You can put anything you want in a contract. The simple fact is that if these players don't get their money as soon as they want it, they simply move on to somewhere else. I think this highlights the need to really look after your juniors and hope like hell they want to put something back into the club that has nurtured them from day one. Clubs like Inverleigh and Nth. Geelong constantly promote their kids and will survive long into the future. Other clubs are finally catching on to this theory. In recent years we've seen Thomson, Werribee and Belmont give some of their juniors a real crack at senior footy and will reap the longterm benefits of this:thumbsu:

Corio would be the best for promoting juniors into seniors. There wouldn't be any club around with as many juniors that played at a club that are still playing seniors at that club, true some do leave for a year or 2 but 90% always return and they all support functions because we do have the best functions going around.

Corio would be the best for promoting juniors into seniors. There wouldn't be any club around with as many juniors that played at a club that are still playing seniors at that club, true some do leave for a year or 2 but 90% always return and they all support functions because we do have the best functions going around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back