GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

righto sounds good, dunno bout winch but... judging on the majority of posts on here haha

I was like you. New uni student to Geelong, trained with Newtown, trained with Belmont. But if you're used to country football and country teams Winch ends up becoming very appealing.

I'm pretty sure we Winchelsea have booked in to train tuesday nights at Deakin reserve-nice and close. Plenty of Uni students already play at Winch.

Definately Winch champ. During the season they will be training at deakin 1 night a week. Good social club with good blokes and good chicks.
:D

so u play for winch now?

Yes mate. On the climb. As Hitman and skanky said Winch will be training at Deakin once a week so if you're on res it's easy to come down and have a run. If you bring down a few mates you meet at uni it makes it even better.

A lot of the Winch blokes now are ex or current Deakin students.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newtown is much better standard, Winch are going nowhere like last year and belmont will struggle.

Now, now Wiskers32(You do know there is supposed to be an H in there, don't you). Enough of the call about Belmont struggling or when I call into BPH for a beer tomorrow night I won't be as polite as I was last week:D!!! Good to see you have embraced the arrogant, look down the nose at everybody attitude of your new club!

Now, now Wiskers32(You do know there is supposed to be an H in there, don't you). Enough of the call about Belmont struggling or when I call into BPH for a beer tomorrow night I won't be as polite as I was last week:D!!! Good to see you have embraced the arrogant, look down the nose at everybody attitude of your new club!

Just going on last years results spider, cant see anybody in gdfl beating J.Tarr this as his looking fit and stronger than ever could be the year of the panther. Have heard east picked up alot of joeys/melb boys unsure of who tho but are all young blokes (youth helps on st albans).
see ya tomorrow night spider

Just going on last years results spider, cant see anybody in gdfl beating J.Tarr this as his looking fit and stronger than ever could be the year of the panther. Have heard east picked up alot of joeys/melb boys unsure of who tho but are all young blokes (youth helps on st albans).
Youth doesn't always help as you found out first hand last year wiskers32, that nothing beats experience in GF's. I recall watching a young wingman for BPH getting dragged in the first quarter after being touched up early by some older, too slow, over the hill Thommy Tigers. Could of been the difference if you had played a bit smarter.

Youth doesn't always help as you found out first hand last year wiskers32, that nothing beats experience in GF's. I recall watching a young wingman for BPH getting dragged in the first quarter after being touched up early by some older, too slow, over the hill Thommy Tigers. Could of been the difference if you had played a bit smarter.

Must have been the other wingman i never got dragged, i had a breather and was dry cos the day was a scorcher. Think you should go back to helping your winchelsea blues acually get 4 points sometime in the next 10 years.

Must have been the other wingman i never got dragged, i had a breather and was dry cos the day was a scorcher. Think you should go back to helping your winchelsea blues acually get 4 points sometime in the next 10 years.

I was hoping that once you left the GDFL to make the most of your self proclaimed talent :eek: you would stop pumping your own tires up on this thread! Clearly i must have been mistaken. For a bloke who has achieved nothing to date, and patrols the boundary to avoid physical confrontation you really make people sick how you rate yourself.
If you show some heart occasionally, get the odd hard ball and get your inflated ego back to normal, people may begin to respect you :thumbsu:

I was hoping that once you left the GDFL to make the most of your self proclaimed talent :eek: you would stop pumping your own tires up on this thread! Clearly i must have been mistaken. For a bloke who has achieved nothing to date, and patrols the boundary to avoid physical confrontation you really make people sick how you rate yourself.
If you show some heart occasionally, get the odd hard ball and get your inflated ego back to normal, people may begin to respect you :thumbsu:
Well said!!
This was a point I was trying to make only with some subtlety, but wiskers just doesn't get it. He was dragged in the first quarter for giving away 2 frees a down field and a 50m penalty. Sorry to say but that cost your team dearly. Trying to be a tough guy when your not always backfires. You have to earn respect not expect it!

Well said!!
This was a point I was trying to make only with some subtlety, but wiskers just doesn't get it. He was dragged in the first quarter for giving away 2 frees a down field and a 50m penalty. Sorry to say but that cost your team dearly. Trying to be a tough guy when your not always backfires. You have to earn respect not expect it!

Hats off to Thomson they did play very well, and yes i do recall giving away the 50s that cost us. i was sucked in very badly but as we know Life goes on and so does football.

is j.tarr working on his goal kicking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back