GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
na reserves he forgot to mention that part.

Correct. Was in and out of the seniors and happened to be out at grand final time. Wants to win a senior flag though which enticed him to the hill

Correct. Was in and out of the seniors and happened to be out at grand final time. Wants to win a senior flag though which enticed him to the hill
why did he go to the hill if he wants a senior flag, surely you dont think the hill have a chance this year, they will be lucky to make top 5, just my opinion lost too many and the few new recruits are to old, watch out for inverlie they will be alot better than last year.

why did he go to the hill if he wants a senior flag, surely you dont think the hill have a chance this year, they will be lucky to make top 5, just my opinion lost too many and the few new recruits are to old, watch out for inverlie they will be alot better than last year.

Who have they lost?

who have the hill lost?

My Ladder what you guys think
BPH
Corio
Thommy
Inver
east

bannock
werribee
East
Belmont
West
Winch
Anakie

Premier:BPH from last years efforts and the general feel around the place

Comp B&F:Haami Williams if he plays and trains all year

BPH
Corio
Thommy
Inver
east

bannock
werribee
East
Belmont
West
Winch
Anakie

Are you putting some funny herbs in your scoobiesnack.

Most of the sides that finished in the 5 last year have lost no key players (except Banno and TMG), all have picked up a few and it doesn't sound like any side that was pushing last year has done the same so the 5 should stay the same.

Improvers in the bottom half will be Werribee & Winch with West and Anakie sliding after recent losses. North (who you dont have in your ladder) and Belmont are smokies but I cant see either being a serious finals chance.

I may be proven wrong but at least I look like I know something about the league.

BPH
Corio
Thommy
Inver
east

bannock
werribee
East
Belmont
West
Winch
Anakie

Not even close...Will be more like this champ!

Thompson
East Geelong
Bell Post Hill
Corio
Bannockburn

Inverleigh
North Geelong
Werribee
Winchelsea
Belmont
Anakie
Geelong West

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who have the hill lost?

East - Picked up a fair few and lost only a couple
Thomson - lost some quality players threw retirement
Corio - Lost a couple but picked up couple and got some good juniors
Bannoc - Mullan-grant massive lost picked up a couple but to many old players
Inverlie- Keep 95% of players can only improve on last year trotter is a gun
Bph- Moreland & holzfiend there best 2 in finals and there gone bph to fall out of 5
Belomont- should improve on last year may finish above bph
Werribee- you never really know about werribee
Whinch- Picked up a few but wont be enough to challenge top clubs
Anakie- lost lazer lost any hope off finals and maybe a couple more might be goin to corio from anakie
Nth- Picked up no-one lost a few
West- Only chance they have off getting of bottom was getting rid of pricey so they might jump nth and anakie now

Just sticking to wat i posted a while back, the top hill players are a year older aswell. Just my thoughts doesnt mean im correct only time will tell,
any practice matches that people know off cmon up.

Buddah i think you will find Holzfiend has signed at BPH and has been training there. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see him change his mind more than once on who he is playing with and sign with multiple teams after his performances the last few years.

East - Picked up a fair few and lost only a couple
Thomson - lost some quality players threw retirement
Corio - Lost a couple but picked up couple and got some good juniors
Bannoc - Mullan-grant massive lost picked up a couple but to many old players
Inverlie- Keep 95% of players can only improve on last year trotter is a gun
Bph- Moreland & holzfiend there best 2 in finals and there gone bph to fall out of 5
Belomont- should improve on last year may finish above bph
Werribee- you never really know about werribee
Whinch- Picked up a few but wont be enough to challenge top clubs
Anakie- lost lazer lost any hope off finals and maybe a couple more might be goin to corio from anakie
Nth- Picked up no-one lost a few
West- Only chance they have off getting of bottom was getting rid of pricey so they might jump nth and anakie now

Just sticking to wat i posted a while back, the top hill players are a year older aswell. Just my thoughts doesnt mean im correct only time will tell,
any practice matches that people know off cmon up.

I think losing Woods is going to be a bigger loss for Bannockburn than Mullane-Grant.

I think we will find out a bit more about how each side is travelling now, with the season only 8 weeks away.
Clearances will be rolling in thick and fast and with the changes to clearance rules making it easier to swap clubs, they will make for interesting reading.

Buddah i think you will find Holzfiend has signed at BPH and has been training there. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see him change his mind more than once on who he is playing with and sign with multiple teams after his performances the last few years.

I agree with that we know first hand, he can be a sook thats for sure, if things dont go his way his out of there.

geez, hasn't been a great off season for Bannockburn by the sounds of it.

where is Woods playing in 09'?[/quote]

Depends on what you believe, Bourkey23. Some say he's running the farm at home, but I keep hearing that he may have signed a contract interstate in either the SANFL or WAFL. I think someone else may have already posted it in an earlier thread. Silly season is still well and truly alive in the GDFL:thumbsu: Guess we will know for sure in 8 weeks time.

I think losing Woods is going to be a bigger loss for Bannockburn than Mullane-Grant.

I think we will find out a bit more about how each side is travelling now, with the season only 8 weeks away.
Clearances will be rolling in thick and fast and with the changes to clearance rules making it easier to swap clubs, they will make for interesting reading.

I agree that Woods would be a bigger loss than TMG but I think you'll find he will play this year. As good a player as TMG is and I know he kicked 90 odd goals, I believe against the better sides he was a weakness as Bannock were so predictable in there avenue to goal and easy for opposition sides to set there game plans. With his knee issues he couldn't play anywhere other than full forward. Bannock will need a few forwards/midfielders to pick up some slack and kick goals but Naylon and Riccardi are two candidates.

I agree that Woods would be a bigger loss than TMG but I think you'll find he will play this year. As good a player as TMG is and I know he kicked 90 odd goals, I believe against the better sides he was a weakness as Bannock were so predictable in there avenue to goal and easy for opposition sides to set there game plans. With his knee issues he couldn't play anywhere other than full forward. Bannock will need a few forwards/midfielders to pick up some slack and kick goals but Naylon and Riccardi are two candidates.

From up ballarat way and was just wanting some info on this mullane grant. Obviously can play the game but have heard some differing performances off the field. Anyone got any info on what type of bloke he is? have a few mates that will be playing under him thuis year

Winch's recruitment is done and dusted. Definately wont be worst team in comp this year!:p
Are they all signed and sealed and if so do we get names.

I am spewing that the changes to the GDFL and Club web pages mean you cant access the clearances.

The GDFL should be like the BFL and list them all in a consolidated report at the end of the week. It would help curb the speculation and also provide something to bang on about on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back