GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmm........played with them in Geelong!
You no longer play!
Follows the GDFL pretty closely!
Sound half educated!
mmm........just working out who you are!!!
Does your name start with the letter J???
Sorry mate but no, truth is i like being anonymous so i wouldn’t say either way but for what its worth i reckon i have you worked out but mums the word, good win yesterday

Liking this round a lot in the GDFL to get a early read on the contenders.
Geelong W v Werribee (Sat)
Bannock v Winch. ( Anzac)
Bell Post Hill v Inver (Sunday)
Are all games I will make an effort to attend and watch to gauge performances and listen to coaches reacting under match pressures.
Still think Inverleigh will remain undefeated in the H & A rounds. Finals will be a different matter (battle scars)
The Contenders this year with 10-14 wins are Bannockburn BPH Werribee Winch Giants &Thomson
With the group of Werribee Winch and Giants playing each other twice and having similar draws making it fair it they qualify into the finals.
Thomson has the softest draw and has already pinched a win off the Panthers early to favour their position to make the 5
The next tier of Nth Geelong , East Geelong ,Belmont
& Anakie will get 4-8 wins and may pinch a scalp along the way but will probably ready their squads early for a tilt at the Reserve premiership from halfway through the year
Corio will be winless , but the whole club will be up and about supporting the girls on the Netball court in September.
A week is along time in footy and may change my view after seeing the 3 games live this week

My guess would be first name starts with b and last name starts with o
Played with the Bourke brothers at corio
Played for inva for a year
Has ties with a nephew at Belmont
And corio.
And is now retired

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My guess would be first name starts with b and last name starts with o
Played with the Bourke brothers at corio
Played for inva for a year
Has ties with a nephew at Belmont
And corio.
And is now retired

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not the guy your thinking of frosty!

My guess is first name starts with J.
Last name starts with Y.
Was at Corio when the Bourkes were there.
Didn't play with the Bourkes however was an ex commitee member at one stage (president)
Now at Belmont, was some sort of assistant coach I've heard, not sure how or why!! (interim coach for two games when Tanner was sacked.....not the first time George Baker has sacked a coach, and wont be the last).
Work's at times in the canteen! And eats a bit too!
Am l right Jason?

Last edited:
Just watched Brad Huhn's "supposed" hit on Joe Fama from Winchelsea. If he even gets a week or a reprimand for that garbage, then AFL Barwon can get stuffed. Nothing in it at all! Play on l say, Joe Fama gets up and plays out the game. Shame, Shame, Shame!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched Brad Huhn's "supposed" hit on Joe Fama from Winchelsea. If he even gets a week or a reprimand for that garbage, then AFL Barwon can get stuffed. Nothing in it at all! Play on l say, Joe Fama gets up and plays out the game. Shame, Shame, Shame!

You are either stirring or watching the wrong incident. Got 6 weeks and rightly so. Was a King Hit from the side. Punched the guy with nothing happening in the footage leading up to it, the victim wasn’t watching and it could have caused serious damage.
If you have 18 weeks by 26 then you can’t complain. Not welcome in the game and have no right to whinge.

Think there would be alot of blokes happy you don't officiate the game, or hope not.

Like phantom said no place for it in the game, according to krock fama played 5 mins and sat out and might miss today. Huhn is a proven thug and the type of guy parents hold thier kids back from playing football. I'm sure Thomson are embarrassed by this behavior also

Anywho what a mouthwatering week we have this coming, starting today!

Can winch beat banno and can bph stop inva who look rolling right now

You can't be serious? I don't think you have seen the correct vision. Absolutely no place for this in our game or community. It's a coward punch. The winch player is lucky to escape without injury

I only just watched and saw the footage.
I really hope you are taking the piss. I have not seen something like that in a game in a long long time. Deserved every single piece of that 6 weeks. 110% a cowards punch.

Fair call guys. My error of judgement. I have watched the footage again (the right footage) and take back my statement unreservedly. I was told Fama played through the game by someone there who did not see the incident, who happens to be a Winch supporter, who was obviously wrong. My apologies and l totally agree with all your thoughts. There is ABSOLUTELY no place in the game for acts of thuggery.

Last edited:
Not the guy your thinking of frosty!

My guess is first name starts with J.
Last name starts with Y.
Was at Corio when the Bourkes were there.
Didn't play with the Bourkes however was an ex commitee member at one stage (president)
Now at Belmont, was some sort of assistant coach I've heard, not sure how or why!! (interim coach for two games when Tanner was sacked.....not the first time George Baker has sacked a coach, and wont be the last).
Work's at times in the canteen! And eats a bit too!
Am l right Jason?
I am sure Jason would be flattered to think that you reckon he is reasonably half educated but i promise you i am not Jason, matter o fact i am fairly confident he doesn’t have a big footy account, just wondering, have i said something to upset you or are you just interested, don’t understand your interest in me

I am sure Jason would be flattered to think that you reckon he is reasonably half educated but i promise you i am not Jason, matter o fact i am fairly confident he doesn’t have a big footy account, just wondering, have i said something to upset you or are you just interested, don’t understand your interest in me
Just that l had an opinion and an interest on the Bourkes from lnverleigh. I thought you said you had an association with them from your time at Corio. Now at Belmont so just doing the math!

Just that l had an opinion and an interest on the Bourkes from lnverleigh. I thought you said you had an association with them from your time at Corio. Now at Belmont so just doing the math!
If Jason is at Belmont , I’m not sure why he would rave on about the Bourke brothers being at a different club? Maybe if they played at Belmont a good assumption, it’s obvisouly someone who has a tie with inverleigh/ maybe past Corio, I don’t see why someone from a different club would rave on about them being a gun if they had no association with that club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back