GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Peter Street's on $2000 a game there's $40000, incl. finals. Lavars got a brand new car say $40000, there's $80000 to just 2 players, so $300000 is definitely feasible.

Where do you get your info from? I have no idea what Ammos pay their players but $2000 a game, come on you don't believe that. I would say no club in geelong would pay anyone 2k a game. I would find it hard to believe any club pays players to play finals.

I would find it extremely hard to see how Torquay, Ammos and Barwon heads are spending 100k or less.

Well, Peter Street's on $2000 a game there's $40000, incl. finals. Lavars got a brand new car say $40000, there's $80000 to just 2 players, so $300000 is definitely feasible.
These statements are very specific but how would you know this as fact? Yes, it's probably unfair to the rest of the comp that these teams have so much money available for players but isn't that just life. Some people earn more money than others, some have more expensive cars than others. That's just how it is. I have no doubt that the other BFL clubs would pay just as much as is rumored to have been payed by these 3 teams if they could have. I support one of these other teams and if it meant securing a flag then I would be all for it if they had it.

Last edited:
These statements are very specific but how would you know this as fact? Yes, it's probably unfair to the rest of the comp that these teams have so much money available for players but isn't that just life. Some people earn more money than others, some have more expensive cars than others. That's just how it is. I have no doubt that the other BFL clubs would pay just as much as is rumored to have been payed by these 3 teams if they could have. I support one of these other teams and if it meant securing a flag then I would be all for it if they had it.
Ammos spend 145k fact and why do they spend that? Because they can! I'm not a fan of Ammos but they are obviously a well ran club off field who look after their sponsors maybe clubs can take a leaf out of there book

Where do you get your info from? I have no idea what Ammos pay their players but $2000 a game, come on you don't believe that. I would say no club in geelong would pay anyone 2k a game. I would find it hard to believe any club pays players to play finals.

I would find it extremely hard to see how Torquay, Ammos and Barwon heads are spending 100k or less.
It's true, like it or not. Inside knowledge. Of course they get paid to play finals, if you are on a contract that pays per game??

It's true, like it or not. Inside knowledge. Of course they get paid to play finals, if you are on a contract that pays per game??

Can only speak for a few Gdfl / GFL clubs but normal contracts don't include finals. Don't get paid to play them.

I would think most if not all clubs in geelong wouldn't pay players for finals appearance. I wouldn't think a player would miss a final because he doesn't get paid. Next you will say they get paid for practices matches.
In the new salary cap system it's against the rules to pay players for finals and pay sign on fees.

I would think most if not all clubs in geelong wouldn't pay players for finals appearance. I wouldn't think a player would miss a final because he doesn't get paid. Next you will say they get paid for practices matches.
In the new salary cap system it's against the rules to pay players for finals and pay sign on fees.
Oh right "The Rules". Every club will abide by those no doubt.

Went to Joeys v Newtown on Saturday and heard from 3 different groups of people that Luke Forbes is meeting with Anakie in regards to the coaching position. Not sure if there's any more to the story than that.

Went to Joeys v Newtown on Saturday and heard from 3 different groups of people that Luke Forbes is meeting with Anakie in regards to the coaching position. Not sure if there's any more to the story than that.
All just rumours. There was talk he has been offered the assistant coaching job at Drysdale and that he is also going back to Thomson. The latter is the most likely according to Luke himself if he was to actually leave, which he is 99% not going to.

Tough gig to coach Anakie when all they play for is a Ressies flag.

Corio rumoured to be closing the doors again.

Banno would have to offer Bourke the coaches job?

Gough to East Geelong.

What's the go with Corio? Is closing the doors a real possibility?

President - Gone

Vice President - Gone

Coach - Gone

Barry - Gone

BJ - Gone

B&F - Gone

Major Sponsors - Gone

Corio doesn't want help from anyone new and want to keep running their sinking ship to the bottom of the ocean!

When they had Brodie Holland play this year their was players mocking him and writing expletives next to his name on the whiteboard pregame.

I have heard of from plenty of people now that the club is on its knees and the wrong people are now making all the decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

President - Gone

Vice President - Gone

Coach - Gone

Barry - Gone

BJ - Gone

B&F - Gone

Major Sponsors - Gone

Corio doesn't want help from anyone new and want to keep running their sinking ship to the bottom of the ocean!

When they had Brodie Holland play this year their was players mocking him and writing expletives next to his name on the whiteboard pregame.

I have heard of from plenty of people now that the club is on its knees and the wrong people are now making all the decisions.

Are you saying that the president, VP and coach have all left since the end of this season or are you referring to what happened last year?

Corio are struggling but they can come back.
Look at 3 of the Colts Grand Final's this year:
Div 4 had Newcomb in it (just lost by 11 pts)
Div 3 had Portarlington (won the GF) Corio 3rd
Div 2 had Modewarre (won the GF)

All clubs with not great financial backing etc. but who fight hard to survive, and their Juniors are thriving.

Tough gig to coach Anakie when all they play for is a Ressies flag.

Corio rumoured to be closing the doors again.

Banno would have to offer Bourke the coaches job?

Gough to East Geelong.

Is that the same gough who coached banno this year or different bloke?

Your the keyboard warrior pal and I doubt u played much footy

Mate please!

If I was a keyboard warrior I would be starting fights on here which I clearly am not.

I take it by the way you get around with your tail up that you play for Anakie? Possibly play seniors also as you are not good enough to get in to their ressies team?

Keep up the good work tho cobber YOU'RE killing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back