GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
my predicted ladder by round 18, my pick for premiers are Bell Post yet again in a Bell Post v North Geelong, Grand final

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 12

Bannockburn to go 6-6 from here on in is a joke, give the club some credit, recruited extremely well and playing some great football.

I would say Banno losing 6 of the next 12 isn't unrealistic with no disrespect belmont twice bell post hill Inverleigh and North Geelong on the way home plus thomson and East away which could be danger games

Fear the lion one test this year Huybens less Inverleigh how did that go, yet to face bell post hill, North geelong, Bannockburn and thomson had a charmed run lets judge in 5 weeks

#fearthelion2015
They are the real deal!!!!

Bannockburn
north geelong
weribee
Thomson
bph.

Wel see if you guys can get through thise games with a winning record before your called the real deal. Good start against the bottom half but they would know more than anyone if they want to be considered legit what they gotta do. Havnt watched belmont yet so cant comment so will be interesting to see if they can match it or not

Good seeing the anakie coach sooking about the draw yesterday..
I think its a great deal and fair how it rolls out over three years.
Dont see other teams sooking who were down low and have now pushed through to being a finals contender.

Dont see Thomson sooking about draw even though they finished last they have played the 5finals side from last season hill North Inverleigh East ans winch

Dont see Thomson sooking about draw even though they finished last they have played the 5finals side from last season hill North Inverleigh East ans winch

Thomson are the unknowns and looking like putting their hat truly in the ring for 4th, 5th, 6th with Belmont and Bannockburn at this stage (dury is out on Werribee with all respect), BPH havent seen yet but my gosh they are a good team, finish top with inver and north, the rest good luck, I reckon Corio can pinch a win v Winch round 10 if they have all their players make the effort and hope they do, I watched winch - are young so good on them but could be a good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Kevin O'Leary told him they had no money to offer(as they were already overpaying the ordinary lot they've recruited this year)

Any wonder Belmont have zero respect in the comp. Haven't played finals for about 8 years. Still owe haami money from 07 I believe, which is an absolute disgrace. A team who has consistently flogged them is having a down year a some peanut from Belmont of all clubs, lays the boots in. Typical coming from this toilet of a club.

Any wonder Belmont have zero respect in the comp. Haven't played finals for about 8 years. Still owe haami money from 07 I believe, which is an absolute disgrace. A team who has consistently flogged them is having a down year a some peanut from Belmont of all clubs, lays the boots in. Typical coming from this toilet of a club.

NoRumoursALLFACT ?????? If you knew your facts and had any f...ing clue you would know Haami has well and truly been fixed up years ago and hopes to attend the Belmont Lions 50th Anniversary Ball and team of the half decade announcement so dont write crap because you dont like the lions flog ! Belmont get on better with most of the clubs than quite a few others and show them all respect by going into the rooms after the game with players and supporters to have a beer and mingle.

Lets no turn this into a slinging match on the Belmont Lions who have tried hard to turn things around as we could all take cheap pot shots at other clubs - especially East.

I think belmont are well liked by all clubs.
They brought a flag a few years back which have set them back untill now. The way they are going about it is fantastic. Top up on there gun local kids with a few quality recruits without spending a fortune.
Good luck to them, i think its fantastic too see.

NoRumoursALLFACT ?????? If you knew your facts and had any f...ing clue you would know Haami has well and truly been fixed up years ago and hopes to attend the Belmont Lions 50th Anniversary Ball and team of the half decade announcement so dont write crap because you dont like the lions flog ! Belmont get on better with most of the clubs than quite a few others and show them all respect by going into the rooms after the game with players and supporters to have a beer and mingle.

Lets no turn this into a slinging match on the Belmont Lions who have tried hard to turn things around as we could all take cheap pot shots at other clubs - especially East.

Team of the half decade - is this for real? Can't say I've ever seen that.

What's next, Team of the Year (lol)!

And who do you support NoRumoursAllFact?

East?

No docks no East?

GDFL could have ended up playing the BFL but went down rather easily. I read the selectors for GDFL watched every game? Not sure who pulled out but the side wasn't a good reflection of gdfl. There were guys in that team who wouldn't get a game at Inver, North or BPH in my opinion.

GDFL could have ended up playing the BFL but went down rather easily. I read the selectors for GDFL watched every game? Not sure who pulled out but the side wasn't a good reflection of gdfl. There were guys in that team who wouldn't get a game at Inver, North or BPH in my opinion.
Saw the game, Nth Central ran GDFL off their legs after half time, who was playing on number 16? If Mullane-Grant is in the best 22 GDFL players there are real problems, he could hardly get a jog going from the start, he was obviously on 1 leg.

Saw the game, Nth Central ran GDFL off their legs after half time, who was playing on number 16? If Mullane-Grant is in the best 22 GDFL players there are real problems, he could hardly get a jog going from the start, he was obviously on 1 leg.

I watched the game , did mulluane grant actually play ... bisset and the boys let us down, Leamer from Belmont is a jet and should have been in the forward line. Oh well we wait another few years to have a crack at the Bellerine but on today effort it is probably for the best and i dont like to say that. Disappointing.

We all agree that the GDFL interleague team was doomed from the selection table!!
Mullane-Grant absolute liability on the big ground,cant get out of first gear,not his fault,he knows hes on one leg,why dont the selectors ?
Jack Brauman a great young hard as nails in and under,no leg speed.Derek Fitzimmons a warrior no question,but no leg speed.You could go on with another 5-6 with no leg speed.The GDFL should never have played that selected side on that ground,either the should of picked a side with more leg speed,or played at a more suitable ground dimension wise.North Central actually switched the ball across half back and then proceeded to use there leg speed to create withes hats out of our squad.We continually blazed away without any precision through the middle coughing the ball up to the opposition.Who was playing on the Jarred McVeigh look alike - Luke Fisher No.16,did hear he had to attend casualty after the game with leather poisoning! How can you let a guy cut you to pieces over the entire 4 quarters,youve really got to ask the coaching panel.
James Fisher plays for my club and has been dominating at CHB,why then play him as the No.1 ruckman ? Got a corky on the thigh early in the 3rd ,probably due to inexperience positioning himself in the ruck contest,and took no further part.
And the way the bench operated,what were they thinking,they ran Fitzimmons,Whitney and others into the ground in the 3rd quarter by not rotating through the bench,so not only lacking LEG SPEED but drained of any aerobic capacity that was required to run the lines on that huge ground.
Tavi Saunie might be playing for an ordinary side this year,but he has leg speed and endurance,and i only mention his name because hes fresh in my mind from playing Winch last week.Havent seen Durran play this season but on exposed form from Queenscliff a monty.If Burke is good enough to captain Wimmera Interleague,then surely good enough to play for GDFL.Even a couple young boys from my club would of added real leg speed to the squad (Heath Walsh,Mitch Boal,Mikali Harrison).
So we need to learn from this that its horses for courses,if you choose to play on an expansive ground like St Albans,then pick runners.
Otherwise pick the Warriors of the contested footy,but play on a ground that suits that style.
HAVE A PLAN NEXT TIME!
RANT OVER
Smartest thing I have heard in a long time Leo, why play on st Albans why not play on a ground that wound suit the team, and a GDFL ground Look at the coach and coaching staff full of people who were sacked from their previous gigs. Time for a change at the top mates of mates from the league committee getting the gigs

Smartest thing I have heard in a long time Leo, why play on st Albans why not play on a ground that wound suit the team, and a GDFL ground Look at the coach and coaching staff full of people who were sacked from their previous gigs. Time for a change at the top mates of mates from the league committee getting the gigs
Absolutely agree, I've heard from a few players who go to Interleague training and say the coaches have absolutely no clue and want them to play 70s football. Also they mentioned they say all the time it's about picking the best team and every session. If Holzy, Collins, Mullane Grant and Jones from werribee are in the leagues best 22 then he gdfl will never be any good. I did see that Jake Peters and young Lachie Wright as emergency. Peters probably the most athletic backman in the league and I've heard Lachie is a running machine. Perfect players to play on the ground. But they insist on playing Holsy and Collins. Shocking!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back