Geelong and District Football League 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discount East at your peril. If they get in they will have the full team together and as BPH and Thomson have found out they are as good as anyone.

For mine the whole thing is wide open with Bannock the favourite given they are the most consistent.

Agree Drago. For mine its between Bannock, Corio, Thomson and BPH but if East got in they could give it a good shake. I'm not saying Inver wont make the finals but even if they do I think theyd need this years finals experience before making a serious challenge.

corio nothing special. belmont still have alot out. corio only played 1 good quater of footy. wont win the flag the way they r playing at the moment. will like 2 c wat happens wen they get beaten in the finals.

Bourky u must have been watching the game with 1 eye open.Corio won the 1st quarter easy.2nd & 3rd quarter even with belmont winning the last.If u think u are going 2 win finals on that game your going 2 b in 4 a big shock.Open both eyes and watch the game

mate i'm completely neutral.. don't follow corio i've just watched 2 of their last few games and they were absolutely fantastic against North Geelong and they had the game sewn up by quarter time yesterday...

sure, the teams they've beaten lately aren't much chop but they made it look so easy.. Corio will only get better IMO once they play more football as a side.. i'm not discounting the others but at the minute its Corio and Thomson for me..

East need to find some consistency (which they seem to be) before i will rate them as a real premiership chance..

corio nothing special. belmont still have alot out. corio only played 1 good quater of footy. wont win the flag the way they r playing at the moment. will like 2 c wat happens wen they get beaten in the finals.

what a ridiculous thing to say, when corio have won 6 from the last 7 games and have kicked 30 more goals than anyone.
Going on that form, they must be some chance.They are sitting 3rd, and after the nxt few rounds it should seperate the men from the boys as there are some ripper games coming up.

Discount East at your peril. If they get in they will have the full team together and as BPH and Thomson have found out they are as good as anyone.

For mine the whole thing is wide open with Bannock the favourite given they are the most consistent.
i think thomson lost yesterdays game, east didnt win it. poor mistakes at the end and a bad umpiring error was the cause of the result but saying that credit goes to east, they will be a threat if they make finals

well this week.
banno v thomson
corio v bph
inverleigh v east

massive round in context for the top 3 and in making a step in who will drop out of the 5 especially with east and inverleigh. all match of the round in there own way

well this week.
banno v thomson
corio v bph
inverleigh v east

massive round in context for the top 3 and in making a step in who will drop out of the 5 especially with east and inverleigh. all match of the round in there own way

some great match ups favre, i agree.
It is really tight b/ween 2nd spot and I believe 6th.
Mate its going to go down to the wire this year.

mate i'm completely neutral.. don't follow corio i've just watched 2 of their last few games and they were absolutely fantastic against North Geelong and they had the game sewn up by quarter time yesterday...

sure, the teams they've beaten lately aren't much chop but they made it look so easy.. Corio will only get better IMO once they play more football as a side.. i'm not discounting the others but at the minute its Corio and Thomson for me..

East need to find some consistency (which they seem to be) before i will rate them as a real premiership chance..

you need to get the splinters out of your arse mate ! pick a side and stick with them

i think thomson lost yesterdays game, east didnt win it. poor mistakes at the end and a bad umpiring error was the cause of the result but saying that credit goes to east, they will be a threat if they make finals

good too see every other team in the league has umpiring issues, the umpiring this year has been consistantly woeful,

You sound like Paul Price. In his game wrap he has banged on with the "East have been lucky 2 weeks in a row. Bad umpiring in the last 2 minutes were crucial. Mistakes by Thomson/BPH are the reason they won." line the last 2 weeks as well. How about saying your mob wasn't good enough on the day.

To say East didn't win it is a bit contrite as well. Thomson didn't kick the 3 goals in the last to get them in front.

i must say the umpiring yesterday inverleigh v bph was also attrocious and nearly did cost bph the game and it loooks like a lot of other teams are having the same problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i must say the umpiring yesterday inverleigh v bph was also attrocious and nearly did cost bph the game and it loooks like a lot of other teams are having the same problem

I agree that Saturdays umpiring was awful and most games this year decisions have been sometimes mind boggling, but couldn't see how it nearly cost BPH the game? They did well in the final minutes to win the game

You sound like Paul Price. In his game wrap he has banged on with the "East have been lucky 2 weeks in a row. Bad umpiring in the last 2 minutes were crucial. Mistakes by Thomson/BPH are the reason they won." line the last 2 weeks as well. How about saying your mob wasn't good enough on the day.

To say East didn't win it is a bit contrite as well. Thomson didn't kick the 3 goals in the last to get them in front.
trust me, i aint paul price. there were several decisions in the whole game where people were left scratching there heads. thomson really controlled the game most of the game

Which umpiring error are you referring too?
there were a few but if u watch the last 4 minutes of that game, u will see. as for the umpiring for everyone, i only watch thomson every week but i have no doubt how bad it is.
a lot of players have told me the back chat THEY give, think they should lose the chip on their shoulder, i know the players arent perfect but they get paid pretty well, so put up and shut up i say.

was talking about the chopping arms call 3-4 minutes till the end of the game given just outside the goalsquare to put inverleigh up by 8 i think? umpire then proceeding to wink at one of the coaching staff on the run back to the goalsquare. would say somethings wrong with that. there all human but they have been horrible and inconsistent in the calls for the game

serious mate how can u blame an umpire for the game , north vs anakie game was poorly umpired but yet North didnt play to the strengths either bad judgment but spirit was there all game. Thomson are a strong side but still this yr its anyones finals and ball game.

After all the negatives from the weekend I would like to throw up one positive.

Although he didn't have a huge impact on the scoreboard, the way that Jackson McLeod presented himself and went about his business all day was fantastic and something that a lot of more senior players could learn from. The boy fully extends himself going for his marks and the way he disposes of the pill and instinctively follows on to the next contest was good to see.

Comparing to what I saw last year (when I thought he struggled against good opposition) I was impressed.

Don't know who is being referred to here. We are struggling abit but have taken alot out of the Corio game. We certainly don't have alot out. Hello 1633. I must say I agree with you from a couple of weeks ago that the Devils pleasant Sunday was one of their best by far.
While we are on Sundays, hope to see you all at the Lions Den this Sunday for what should be an intriguing game against the Cheetahs

Belmont v Geelong West should be a fantastic game folks get along if you can:thumbsu: i would but i'm heading back to Gippsland saturday night after watching Bell Post Hill v Corio which will be a corker!! anyone else heading up to the Hill tomorrow afternoon?

Belmont v Geelong West should be a fantastic game folks get along if you can:thumbsu: i would but i'm heading back to Gippsland saturday night after watching Bell Post Hill v Corio which will be a corker!! anyone else heading up to the Hill tomorrow afternoon?

Thats a bit of a let down Bourky. Might get up to watch my old side the Hill take on the Devils in what will be an absolute cracker. Think the Panthers may just get up, with Carngham/ Linton dual premiership fullback, Mick Battye calling the shots from the sidelines.Would love to see the respective coaches go head to head. That alone would be worth the admission price. BPH by 9pts for me. Sorry Devils, but that gentle breeze that blows at Myers Res will be a factor tomorrow. Looking forward to young Whiskers putting on a show. He knows the track up there aswell as anyone.

Don't know who is being referred to here. We are struggling abit but have taken alot out of the Corio game. We certainly don't have alot out. Hello 1633. I must say I agree with you from a couple of weeks ago that the Devils pleasant Sunday was one of their best by far.
While we are on Sundays, hope to see you all at the Lions Den this Sunday for what should be an intriguing game against the Cheetahs
Or you could better spend your Sunday at Richmond Crescent at Eats's Major Draw. Starting at 12 (with the usual drill) it may be time better spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back