Geelong and District Football League 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple of quick notes:

This time last season, Bannockburn were sitting pretty on top of the ladder. Fast forward to round 16, and their stranglehold on the comp was relenquished. Are they better this season?, or will they crumble again.

Secondly, an imformer last night reportedly witnessed Ben Cousins talking to Corio officials, to add to their star studded line-up. Port Melb's inability to match his pay demands had alerted the Devils beancounters, who claim they are well under budget. Coach R O'toole, not to be outdone, said he would have to come through the 2's, and prove himself.

Secondly, an imformer last night reportedly witnessed Ben Cousins talking to Corio officials, to add to their star studded line-up. Port Melb's inability to match his pay demands had alerted the Devils beancounters, who claim they are well under budget. Coach R O'toole, not to be outdone, said he would have to come through the 2's, and prove himself.

You must work for the addy

Young Inverliegh boys looked very tired today whilst East are starting to run into a real vein of form and are now sitting fourth after looking finals doubtfuls some 3 or 4 weeks ago.

BTW word is N Lewis will appeal his de-registration

Young Inverliegh boys looked very tired today whilst East are starting to run into a real vein of form and are now sitting fourth after looking finals doubtfuls some 3 or 4 weeks ago.

BTW word is N Lewis will appeal his de-registration
Knowledge I dont think you will get many Hawks responding to your post as things aren't quite as rosy as they were at the start of the year however East looked impressive and made Inverleigh look tired and slow. I dont think anyone can claim that poor umpiring got them over the line this week, they just outclassed their opposition.

As stated in an earlier post if they make it they wil have a real show but have a couple of tough ones to come.

Knowledge I dont think you will get many Hawks responding to your post as things aren't quite as rosy as they were at the start of the year however East looked impressive and made Inverleigh look tired and slow. I dont think anyone can claim that poor umpiring got them over the line this week, they just outclassed their opposition.

As stated in an earlier post if they make it they wil have a real show but have a couple of tough ones to come.

you need to win this one against the devils this week to have a chance of a top 3 finish.

Theres normally about 30 new post by monday i guess the boys from inverlie bph and bannoc dont have much to say this week, the season is really starting to get interesting as we thought it would towards the end. The finals are wide open and anyone of the top 5 could win it, its really going to be a good finals series this year, but we wont know till the last round were everyone is going to finish on the ladder as thomsons win has brought top spot back in the mix by defeating bannoc, the next 6 weeks are gunna be great.

Royce Vardy has a clearance in to thomson. That is a massive inclusion heading towards the business end of the season.

Yep I was about to mention that. The thommy boys must have wanted to keep that one under their hats but if he's fair dinkum committed to them then it's a big in. Last year the rumour was that he was being a w***er to supporters saying how good he was and that he's on the big coin and it may have ended in a punch-up. Obviously that's been sorted out?

Something else I noticed though is that Holzfiend has put in a clearance from Corio to BellPost Hill!! What the hell is happening out there? A bloke who is in his second year at a club doesnt leave them for an opposition finals contender at round 10 unless something drastic has happened....

Maybe DEVILS could shed some light on this??

Yep I was about to mention that. The thommy boys must have wanted to keep that one under their hats but if he's fair dinkum committed to them then it's a big in. Last year the rumour was that he was being a w***er to supporters saying how good he was and that he's on the big coin and it may have ended in a punch-up. Obviously that's been sorted out?

Something else I noticed though is that Holzfiend has put in a clearance from Corio to BellPost Hill!! What the hell is happening out there? A bloke who is in his second year at a club doesnt leave them for an opposition finals contender at round 10 unless something drastic has happened....

Vardy has no issues with supporters. Last year he didnt play as his body needed a rest. He played at his old club on sat. Has been training with the tigers though. Might see him in a few weeks. By the way Vardy is a very quiet bloke so to say that he was pumping up his own tyres is complete garbage! Where will he fit into the already potent forward line?

Vardy has no issues with supporters. Last year he didnt play as his body needed a rest. He played at his old club on sat. Has been training with the tigers though. Might see him in a few weeks. By the way Vardy is a very quiet bloke so to say that he was pumping up his own tyres is complete garbage! Where will he fit into the already potent forward line?

As i said 'rumour'.. it's not what I'm personally saying about the bloke.
But in chatting to a few guys about it, what is true is that the big ******ed looking thomson bloke who's main sentence is: "thomson..thomson, timmy gardiner" amongst other dribble, knocked Vardy out last year. He was subsequently banned from the club.

In saying where will he fit in, Wallace broke down again and the jaw of mcleod must be a worry, also Harriot injured. Think you'll find a spot for him fine.

I think the Vardy thing was something to do with Drysdale and not Thomson and in regard to Holzfiend hasn't he been spending some time in the 2's of late. In my limited dealings with him I have found him to be a guy who enjoys his own opinion of himself and this may have something to do with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Vardy thing was something to do with Drysdale and not Thomson and in regard to Holzfiend hasn't he been spending some time in the 2's of late. In my limited dealings with him I have found him to be a guy who enjoys his own opinion of himself and this may have something to do with it.

Yeah has been playing 2s but very unlikely to get clearance, his a contracted player. Its good see the gdfl is still able to attract quality players to our league even this late in the season, vardy very big inclusion.

As a player having played all teams to date.Corio by far the most dangerous team.taking nothing away from other final contenders but if they can play good footy with imploding as they have in past years they will be to strong come August.Too many forwards and on ballers to stop.Backline is their major concern but no matter how many goals ruck and king leak the forwards can kick enough to win.What do people other think.

Theres normally about 30 new post by monday i guess the boys from inverlie bph and bannoc dont have much to say this week, the season is really starting to get interesting as we thought it would towards the end. The finals are wide open and anyone of the top 5 could win it, its really going to be a good finals series this year, but we wont know till the last round were everyone is going to finish on the ladder as thomsons win has brought top spot back in the mix by defeating bannoc, the next 6 weeks are gunna be great.

Think thats a bit harsh on the BPH and Bannock supporters DEVILS as the only people talking up there team early was the different variation of Hawks. Youre right though about the next 6 weeks and finals being very interesting and wide open. Best year for sometime Id say. I see that East have a couple of late recruits in Matt Kofoed and Brad Thompson from Torquay and David Kiss from St Marys. From memory Kofoed was a good player but dont know about the other two. Drago? Bannock have picked up Dean Helmers who previously played at Bell Post Hill and Geelong before that. Could also be a very handy pickup. Great to see the GDFL being able to attract quality players.

Think thats a bit harsh on the BPH and Bannock supporters DEVILS as the only people talking up there team early was the different variation of Hawks. Youre right though about the next 6 weeks and finals being very interesting and wide open. Best year for sometime Id say. I see that East have a couple of late recruits in Matt Kofoed and Brad Thompson from Torquay and David Kiss from St Marys. From memory Kofoed was a good player but dont know about the other two. Drago? Bannock have picked up Dean Helmers who previously played at Bell Post Hill and Geelong before that. Could also be a very handy pickup. Great to see the GDFL being able to attract quality players.
See justin tate has put a clearance in for corio

As i said 'rumour'.. it's not what I'm personally saying about the bloke.
But in chatting to a few guys about it, what is true is that the big ******ed looking thomson bloke who's main sentence is: "thomson..thomson, timmy gardiner" amongst other dribble, knocked Vardy out last year. He was subsequently banned from the club.

In saying where will he fit in, Wallace broke down again and the jaw of mcleod must be a worry, also Harriot injured. Think you'll find a spot for him fine.
that vardy thing is not true. and wats this stuff bout wallace and harriot??? both played the game out saturday. and macleods jaw is fine.
think you should get your facts right.

vardy will play this week would that mail be around the money? also christian mcfarlane will be running around in the purple and gold 2?

Big signings for East. Kofoed is a premiership player who plays key forward, heard a rumour he was drafted by an AFL club many years ago ? and Thompson is a tough nut small forward. Both are automatic ones at East and will have a big impact on their charge to the finals. :thumbsu:

Big signings for East. Kofoed is a premiership player who plays key forward, heard a rumour he was drafted by an AFL club many years ago ? and Thompson is a tough nut small forward. Both are automatic ones at East and will have a big impact on their charge to the finals. :thumbsu:
Kofoed is not a key forward his a midfielder who wore number 50 for Torquay around 2years ago he will play midfield is a good player a handy pick up for East but not sure how he will handle the tough stuff in the GDFL??:eek:

Kofoed is not a key forward his a midfielder who wore number 50 for Torquay around 2years ago he will play midfield is a good player a handy pick up for East but not sure how he will handle the tough stuff in the GDFL??:eek:
My spies at torquay tell me koefod played a lot of footy at CHF and FF during his time there. Given his time out of the game I would think he would play out of the goal square (maybe check with skrobbalak) which would make him a key position player. Be interesting to see where he does play, who knows Guru we may both be right. If what i've been told is right he can also look after himself.when it comes to the GDFL tough stuff. ;)

My spies at torquay tell me koefod played a lot of footy at CHF and FF during his time there. Given his time out of the game I would think he would play out of the goal square (maybe check with skrobbalak) which would make him a key position player. Be interesting to see where he does play, who knows Guru we may both be right. If what i've been told is right he can also look after himself.when it comes to the GDFL tough stuff. ;)

Yer he can handle himself alright, saw him in the 05 BFL grannny against Newcomb, took a massive hit from an old east boy in Buckingham (who also didnt mind it tough) and they both got up and kept on running, classic hard football. Don't know wether he will play key position, for memory he isnt overly tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back