GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you guy's had signed him? That's the impression I got from you the other day.
If true, he obviously hasn't done much training, because I was led to believe he was already at Purnell Rd.
Although both 34ish, one would have Stewy ahead at this stage.
Has Stewy been cleared yet?

Yes are far as we thought he was definately cmon to corio he told Bazza Ricky and one of the presdents that he told anakie he was going to corio. So i dont know what happened.
He hasnt trained once yet he was told if he was cmon to corio he would be playing the first 4 games in the 2s cause his done no pre season so maybe he didnt like that idea but credit to rick and baz they made that statement at the start of pre season didnt matter who it was and there sticking to it.
Stewy still not cleared but ive been told he will be cleared next week.

as far as i have heard tate will play in red and blue. Not sure about how much he is on and yes we were in need of a ruckman. This completes our final list and should be up their come september.

his definately playing bph.
yes you will definately be there come september but i still think theres about 6-7 sides that have a good chance of making up the final 5 this year and hows all the new guys going with there clearances there doesnt seem to be to many clearances in for bph at the moment are they just holding onto them till the last minute.

i have from a very good sorce that leigh hardman has joined good mate martin curtis at thomson this year! two quality GFL players. look out for the thomson tigers! i also hear that Winchelsea have secured the services of north shore's tim ivermee. interesting season ahead

mate are you joking or what? clearly he is not moving. p.s. corio are horrible

i doubt leigh hardman would go there if so a huge pickup. Yes corio started very bad i had leave at half time so i didnt watch the rest of the game. Fergusson was on fire, O'toole didnt look to be havn an influence on the game as much as i thought he would. Verner was playing well along with holzfiend. Stewart looked very unfit not sure whats going on there?

I follow the Central Highlands Football League and have noticed Creswick have recruited several players from your league and others in the Geelong area. Are there any standout players amongst them? Any info would be much appreciated

You are an idiot mate, Tim Ivermee is taking on 1 of the leadership roles at Nth Shore this year. And Leigh Hardman has recruited players for lara i.e. 1 of his good mates in matt firman. And why would you put your name on this forum and number (i think). Not much on the field and up stairs i think!
Tim Ivermee has been offered money to play at winch and has been training with them now not us. Matt firman signed where he was offered most $$$ and leigh hardman is going to uni this year so he is following the $$$ aswell.. Get your facts straight and you'll see. Shories in '08!

Creswick have picked up stink... anyone who pays b.scown money to have a hand in coaching their side needs to be shot... shocking player even worst bloke.

The game wasnt much to look and the so called big recruits for corio didnt shine at all in my mind, ferguson wasnt much and missed about a quarter (out of 3), verner not much, harvey very quiet, O'Toole unlike him, Stewart slow un-fit. But only early stages, Iverleigh looked like anakie U/11's

Do agree game bit scrappy but it was 40 degrees yesturday and pritty windy conditions but thats why you have practice matches to fine tune your skills before first game, I dont know what game you whatched but everyone who did see it would agree with me, ferguson had ball on a string, harvey and manning wouldve kicked 5 or 6 each, stewy didnt loose a ruck contest, hinch was excellent in back line and yeah otoole was abit quite for first run back at club but everyone just exspects him to get 50 touches everyweek even in pracos. So i think those recruits did quite well for first run with club.
Theres still a few to come back in and there not to bad a players either.
Nicholls, B.Otoole, Aitken, Potter, Nolan, Ruck, King, Bigham, and maybe a couple more, so i think they might add a bit of strength to the side aswell.
Not a bad crowd for a practice match either. probably cause it was such a great a night for a beer.

Do agree game bit scrappy but it was 40 degrees yesturday and pritty windy conditions but thats why you have practice matches to fine tune your skills before first game, I dont know what game you whatched but everyone who did see it would agree with me, ferguson had ball on a string, harvey and manning wouldve kicked 5 or 6 each, stewy didnt loose a ruck contest, hinch was excellent in back line and yeah otoole was abit quite for first run back at club but everyone just exspects him to get 50 touches everyweek even in pracos. So i think those recruits did quite well for first run with club.
Theres still a few to come back in and there not to bad a players either.
Nicholls, B.Otoole, Aitken, Potter, Nolan, Ruck, King, Bigham, and maybe a couple more, so i think they might add a bit of strength to the side aswell.
Not a bad crowd for a practice match either. probably cause it was such a great a night for a beer.
lets be fair to inva guys. missing a shit load including our ruckman. Put Trotter, Prendergast, Quinlivian an Crerar in the line up and we'll be more than competitive. I'll agree that Harvey and fergy had it on a string and Stewart was the difference in the middle. As for Hinch i'm afraid that he is like Derryn as previously stated. he's best touch was a shank out on the full.

lets be fair to inva guys. missing a shit load including our ruckman. Put Trotter, Prendergast, Quinlivian an Crerar in the line up and we'll be more than competitive. I'll agree that Harvey and fergy had it on a string and Stewart was the difference in the middle. As for Hinch i'm afraid that he is like Derryn as previously stated. he's best touch was a shank out on the full.

Yep i agree inverlie will be alot better than what people think that had 8 or 9 very good players for them and as you stated some very good inclusions to come back in.
Do disagree about hinch he doesnt panic in backline and took on every player that came at him. yep that was a great shank but were not afl players either.:thumbsu:

I caught the last half of East Geelong V Darley.

Big standard difference between the two teams on the day. Prisnall looks a good athlete, O Hara presented well. R Coy picked up his usual swag of kicks, all be it cheap one's. The big fella rarely left the square.
The final margin was 1/2 dozen goals at guess.
The ground in terrible condition.

Big standard difference between the two teams on the day. Prisnall looks a good athlete, O Hara presented well. R Coy picked up his usual swag of kicks, all be it cheap one's. The big fella rarely left the square.
So who actually won the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Modewarre beat a very depleted Thomson by about 4-5 goals today at Anglesea. Quite a few of Thomson's new recruits played though and were super impressive. Glen Wallace had his 1st outing and word is the modda backline wore GPS after halftime to keep track of his movements such was his dominance.
Up to 12 senior players and a couple of recruits didnt play.

Tim Ivermee played in Nth Shore's practice match today against Grovedale. Is that enough proof that his staying at Nth Shore and talking to a few of there players after the game and they were saying he hasn't missed a session. Maybe if you rocked up to training you would know who is there. You must be a committed player if you don't know who is in your side!
Are you stalking Tim Ivermee? eww u need a life

Tim Ivermee played in Nth Shore's practice match today against Grovedale. Is that enough proof that his staying at Nth Shore and talking to a few of there players after the game and they were saying he hasn't missed a session. Maybe if you rocked up to training you would know who is there. You must be a committed player if you don't know who is in your side!
And this... Is this crackers from the addy... that much name dropping going on...

You are a complete idiot mate, what are you a 8 year old ewwww! You come on here making false rumors so i put you back in your place! You are just as bad on the field as you are off!
Listen crackers, i didnt quite talk to every bloke in the GDFL like u did but i know what i know.. Try scope out some new rumours... Spoken to ben cousins lately crackers? you dead set idiot.. go follow tim ivermee round some more u dummy..

i have from a very good sorce that leigh hardman has joined good mate martin curtis at thomson this year! two quality GFL players. look out for the thomson tigers! i also hear that Winchelsea have secured the services of north shore's tim ivermee. interesting season ahead
your very good source is very much full of shit, leigh hardman is not at thomy but yes marty curtis is.

leigh hardman will play for lara, has not been at thomson training has not talked to thomson and doesnt like thomson, he also got joel paige to the club. dont know who that good source is but they're quiet horrible.

Modewarre beat a very depleted Thomson by about 4-5 goals today at Anglesea. Quite a few of Thomson's new recruits played though and were super impressive. Glen Wallace had his 1st outing and word is the modda backline wore GPS after halftime to keep track of his movements such was his dominance.Up to 12 senior players and a couple of recruits didnt play.
And they still got beat by 5 goals. Nice spin buddy :D

For starters it was a 6 quarter game in which the 2's played the first 3. The seniors in the last 3. In that last three Darley would've won by 2 goals at the most with East in control for a good part of those 3 quarters until the end.. So the main difference in the teams was the fringe players in the first 3 quarters.
Also, who's prisnall?? and O'hara didnt play.

Yes first hit out for the year and Darley won by 6 goals which most would have expected given that they are hoping to be top 4 in the Ballarat league.

The usual players played OK for East and a couple of the recuits looked alright but nothing to crow about and most came through unscathed exept S O'Leary who hurt the hammy.

Have to agree on the state of the ground, it is in poor condition especially when you compare it to Corio, Bell Park and a few others around however it is still in better nick than it was at this time last year. For anyone playing there remember to bring the dust mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back