GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is that i think they could it will be tough but they could do it i watched them in a practice match last weekend they played some ammuter side from melbourne and belmont smashed them by 15 goals i dont know much about the other teams in the comp though

Does anyone know the results from some practice matches last week ie: Nth & Anakie, Barwon Heads & Thomsom and if anyone else played?

Barwon Heads comfortably accounted for Thomson after trailing by 4goals early. After watching the game it's safe to say Thomson have not improved on last years side in fact they may have gone backwards. The side they put out y'day would not get within 20 goals of Corio.

How can Belmont drop down a level?, 4 clearances out and 15 new players including 6'9 ruckman Tim Battersby who chose us over Grovedale.
Back to Back - thanks Scrobolak!
Battersby is big but he has a crook knee cant run,cant mark and wont get near stewart and tate around the ground.

Theres still a few to come back in and there not to bad a players either.
Nicholls, B.Otoole, Aitken, Potter, Nolan, Ruck, King, Bigham, and maybe a couple more, so i think they might add a bit of strength to the side aswell.

DEVILS looks like you have let another one of your gun player's slip looking forward to see how Aitken goes for bell post hill against his old side round 1.

Is all the summer hype going to count for nothing in september???
(if you make it)

i was at the prac match last night with birrigurra vs winchelsea in colac and i saw a 2 very young blokes prob 15-16yrs old playin y wer they playin??
full time players or jst wanted 2 hav a bit of a run around

Theres still a few to come back in and there not to bad a players either.
Nicholls, B.Otoole, Aitken, Potter, Nolan, Ruck, King, Bigham, and maybe a couple more, so i think they might add a bit of strength to the side aswell.

DEVILS looks like you have let another one of your gun player's slip looking forward to see how Aitken goes for bell post hill against his old side round 1.

Is all the summer hype going to count for nothing in september???
(if you make it)

I dont know where your getting your info from, but Aitken wont be playing rd 1 against Corio nor will he be playing for hill, his misses is due to have there first baby any time now, so he probably wont be playing till about rd4. All the talk about him going up the hill is aload of crap his nephew has just signed a clearance to come to corio cause he wants to play at the same club as Darren so i think you should try to find better rumours up at the hill cause this one is old and wrong.

come september we are hoping to be playing finals like every other club and if we do we will have just as good a chance as anyone else.
Oh yeah there wouldnt be enough money left up there to recruit anyone else after giving tatey a $5,000 sign on fee.

I dont know where your getting your info from, but Aitken wont be playing rd 1 against Corio nor will he be playing for hill, his misses is due to have there first baby any time now, so he probably wont be playing till about rd4. All the talk about him going up the hill is aload of crap his nephew has just signed a clearance to come to corio cause he wants to play at the same club as Darren so i think you should try to find better rumours up at the hill cause this one is old and wrong.

come september we are hoping to be playing finals like every other club and if we do we will have just as good a chance as anyone else.
Oh yeah there wouldnt be enough money left up there to recruit anyone else after giving tatey a $5,000 sign on fee.

i know that aitken isnt up at the hill this year but there was a time where he was at training not particularly training and the word was he wasnt 100% sure if he would play or not at all this season but that he was going to be up at the hill. what has happened between then and now i guess has changed things

This seems to be a sore point Dev. I heard it was $10,000 actually, but he settled for 1/2?

I managed to catch this game, Wally didn't play too bad indeed. Was a good start by the Thomson boys, but scratchy mid to late, but as Croat said, undermanned. Nick Maharis blew a finger, dislocated and apparently chipped a bit of bone in it as well. Should be right for round one though. A good year on the cards for Thomson.

Not on Thursday nights form... Tell it like you seen it City Tiger!! Did it look as bad from the sidelines as it did from the stands? :p

[/B]
Not on Thursday nights form... Tell it like you seen it City Tiger!! Did it look as bad from the sidelines as it did from the stands? :p
I have never known a footy side to get the 4 points for winning a praccy match, so i dont think the Thomson boys would be to worried about losing their second hit for the year, especially with more than a third of the senior list not playing. However from what I saw there is room for improvement. You can write them off Lion King but I'm sure they will keep comments like this in the memory bank. Little bit of Ammo can go a long way!

I have never known a footy side to get the 4 points for winning a praccy match, so i dont think the Thomson boys would be to worried about losing their second hit for the year, especially with more than a third of the senior list not playing. However from what I saw there is room for improvement. You can write them off Lion King but I'm sure they will keep comments like this in the memory bank. Little bit of Ammo can go a long way!

Your right there Juddster, The Belmont Lions have a scrapbook of comments from this forum going back over 18mths. From Australia Day last year to today, There has been no shortage of tossers wanting to hang it on us. I will add, revenge was a dish that was best served cold last September, and that untill some on this forum have a taste of "humble Pie" their posts will be given the respect they deserve..... NONE :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I caught the last half of East Geelong V Darley.

Big standard difference between the two teams on the day. Prisnall looks a good athlete, O Hara presented well. R Coy picked up his usual swag of kicks, all be it cheap one's. The big fella rarely left the square.
The final margin was 1/2 dozen goals at guess.
The ground in terrible condition.
Gun recruit Edwards staying at Darley after his wife broke down with knee reco last week?

Interesting few posts there boys. Is she a heavy girl this missus's of Edwards? Let's wish her a speedy recovery.

Spot on about the ground condition in this one, disgusting. Only fleas like R Coy could navigate there way around the rabbit warrens to find the leather.

Darley looked average in my opinion.

Interesting few posts there boys. Is she a heavy girl this missus's of Edwards? Let's wish her a speedy recovery.

Spot on about the ground condition in this one, disgusting. Only fleas like R Coy could navigate there way around the rabbit warrens to find the leather.

Darley looked average in my opinion.
is it true two guys who were part of ten man ford syndicate that won ten mil gave corio 150,000?

What are you on about Chappy you muppet? Why would you be a drongo and quote me on one topic and then ask me about something that has nothing to do with my beloved Easties?

Yeah that's right guys I'm back on board the East train after a stint chasing coin in the Pilbra. Basically, I'm cashed up and super proud to support the guys in there surge towards the ultimate prize in 2008 and might I add they are looking in sparkling condition. And get used to me, cos ive always got a fair bit to say when it comes to the East.

A lot of dribble to do with Prismall. No Prismall on board our train this year, I'm assuming that you moths are refering to Simon Prymke though, who is from a fantastic football stable (Uncle Paul). Although this athletic buck possesses the nose only a wine critic and a rhino plastic surgeon would love, his surging rebounds from CHB this season will make East supporters tingle at times.

And aren't we just over the moon with the recent clearance of Aaron McDonald who was feed up with the ill-ran and unprofessional nature of Belmont. Could this be the signing of the year? I know that Belmont hated letting this piece of gold slip through their fingers.

What are you on about Chappy you muppet? Why would you be a drongo and quote me on one topic and then ask me about something that has nothing to do with my beloved Easties?

Yeah that's right guys I'm back on board the East train after a stint chasing coin in the Pilbra. Basically, I'm cashed up and super proud to support the guys in there surge towards the ultimate prize in 2008 and might I add they are looking in sparkling condition. And get used to me, cos ive always got a fair bit to say when it comes to the East.

A lot of dribble to do with Prismall. No Prismall on board our train this year, I'm assuming that you moths are refering to Simon Prymke though, who is from a fantastic football stable (Uncle Paul). Although this athletic buck possesses the nose only a wine critic and a rhino plastic surgeon would love, his surging rebounds from CHB this season will make East supporters tingle at times.

And aren't we just over the moon with the recent clearance of Aaron McDonald who was feed up with the ill-ran and unprofessional nature of Belmont. Could this be the signing of the year? I know that Belmont hated letting this piece of gold slip through their fingers.
Ahh.. At last, A true Barb to challenge my wit and Knowledge.. Great post young Barry. Full of sarcasim with a hint of bravado. You will make a worthy adversary during the season... Other posters take note, THAT is how you hang *hit!! :)

is it true two guys who were part of ten man ford syndicate that won ten mil gave corio 150,000?

we wish but as you know he was a bph player not a devil.
Im sorry to say but tatey did get $5,000 sign on and he is sponsoring your club but not that much his sponsoring corio the same amount as bph is getting

With only a week and a half out from the opening bounce most sides
should be settled enough to know how their side is shaping up for the year. Does anybody want a crack at calling the winners and losers for Rd 1? My tips.
Belmont to get over Blue West
East easily over Inverleigh
Corio with all their Guns to roll BPH
Werribee to beat Anakie
Winch over Nth Geelong
Thomson to beat banno.

With only a week and a half out from the opening bounce most sides
should be settled enough to know how their side is shaping up for the year. Does anybody want a crack at calling the winners and losers for Rd 1? My tips.
Belmont to get over Blue West
East easily over Inverleigh
Corio with all their Guns to roll BPH
Werribee to beat Anakie
Winch over Nth Geelong
Thomson to beat banno.

Belmont will defeat Geelong West by 37+ points
East will smash Inverleigh by 50+ points
BPH V Corio will be very hard to split. Hill to just get up
Werribee over Anakie 20+ points
Nrth Geelong to beat Winch
Thomson to defeat Banno

Ahh.. At last, A true Barb to challenge my wit and Knowledge.. Great post young Barry. Full of sarcasim with a hint of bravado. You will make a worthy adversary during the season... Other posters take note, THAT is how you hang *hit!! :)

Well it is no secret that I am really looking forward to going toe to toe with you this year LK. I've heard all about your big mouthing ways last year as you saw your team take home the silver and I can assure you that I will be following suit in 2008.

The Easties are on the verge of ripping this comp right up, stacked with confidence and approaching the season with the believe that they cannot be touched. Your mob on the other hand I hear are not the team we saw in 2007 and I know a few East boys how are moistening their lips in anticipation of the next meeting with Belmont.

It's on LK and if there are any other Belmont Bats who would like to step out of the shadows, I am keen to hear your trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back