GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
g'day guys, if been a keen observer of this site over the past few months and to have the season only a couple of weeks away makes my rim tingle with excitment.
i havent really got a team although if i had to choose one it would be the boys from the east. i've been riding shotgun with them over this long preseason as well as cruising down to a few rival training sessions and i'd have to say after the disappointment of last year they are unbackable fav's this time around. although their main ball winner is a bit of a pretender and all of 3 and a half foot, their inclusions are sure to boosts their stocks and depth which will make them very hard to beat.
i got down to corio but these boys make me sick. the same old players that disappeared a while back have returned and frankly they just dont know how to get the job done. to much coin floating around and not enough heart at the devils. prepare yourselves for another brain fade.

i also got to werribee training. Wat a joke...one guy, corro or carro? didn't really catch his name form the sidelines but apparently he kept his spot in the senior side last year? that says it all dont you think. if his name is carro do you think it could be after caroline wilson. same legs, same footy brain (none), and same sense of humour. truely a contender for sh!ttest bloke ever! reminded me a bit of a strawberry danish prancing around out there.
speaking of danish's, i'm a bit hungry boys so i'm off.
GO EASTIES

Are you referring to the Werribee Centrals squad Rimmer?

Got a pal down that way who runs with the tag of "Carro". If this is the bloke you are referring to than I'm a bit upset, the bloke is an absolute jet.

Might not have been blessed with the best physique in the world but a real Joel Bowden type. Sweeping runs and a raking hoof, he is always looking to bust packs and loves a can or two of Woodstock after the match.

Are you referring to the Werribee Centrals squad Rimmer?

Got a pal down that way who runs with the tag of "Carro". If this is the bloke you are referring to than I'm a bit upset, the bloke is an absolute jet.

Might not have been blessed with the best physique in the world but a real Joel Bowden type. Sweeping runs and a raking hoof, he is always looking to bust packs and loves a can or two of Woodstock after the match.

werribee centrals is right macca.

so, it was carro and he's one of your pals hey? if you think that clag face is any good clearly you and your mates know little about this great game of ours. i bleed yellow and black you worm and to have you relate this joker of ryrie st to joel bowen and his gold plated peg makes me furious! i've had two encounters with in question and i suspect that all the woodstock he's been drinking has been settling in his big fat lady legs which, by the way struggle to carry him outside the defensive 50 let alone on sweeping runs!

Clag face! Well I am also furious at your comments Rim. We obviously share a passion for East but are split on Carro from Centrals.

Let's be totally honest for a minute: the guy can play the game in a manner only few can. I suspect that you are privy to the mail that we were aggressively pursuing Carro up until last week when he declared his devotion to Centrals. He lives in the Spring and is soon to be married so is is heavily committed to work, exporting the finest cars from Italy for hire purposes.

I'm pretty tight with him and it appears as though you are closer to him than you pretend be to maybe you have shared a few Woodstocks with the 'white bear'?

Let me declare that I am the number one fan of Carro from Centrals. Any Centrals fans out there who could fill me in on his pre-season nick?

Clag face! Well I am also furious at your comments Rim. We obviously share a passion for East but are split on Carro from Centrals.

Let's be totally honest for a minute: the guy can play the game in a manner only few can. I suspect that you are privy to the mail that we were aggressively pursuing Carro up until last week when he declared his devotion to Centrals. He lives in the Spring and is soon to be married so is is heavily committed to work, exporting the finest cars from Italy for hire purposes.

I'm pretty tight with him and it appears as though you are closer to him than you pretend be to maybe you have shared a few Woodstocks with the 'white bear'?

Let me declare that I am the number one fan of Carro from Centrals. Any Centrals fans out there who could fill me in on his pre-season nick?

i know the mighty might east were chasing the ordinary services of carro which, let me tell you i was blowin steam over! i couldn't bare to watch that hawk roll around in my favourite colours. the same colours that i proudly display on my doona cover at night. the same colours that my hero's wear every saturday. how could i ever paint my face maroon and yellow again?
i heard about his wheelin' and dealin' in the upmarket luxury motor vehicle industry but i wasn't aware he was about to tie the knot. may be we could get him to tie a knot in his sword because we dont need anymore super rats like him running around!
on a serious note, if he had ended up pulling on an east jumper i dare say i would have had to walk away from the club. i was there when digger edwards' name was pitted against carro on the recruiting board and let me tell you it was a fiercely contested debate. it was good to see clear heads prevail!
i hear rumours that digger has since walked away from the club due to cronic family knee problems but i am yet to have that confirmed. is it true?

Hey Bazza just wondering how your beloved East will go against Bacchus
Marsh this weekend? realisticly please

Interesting one this one Sweeper and I thank you for your question.

Not a lot known about the Marsh at the moment, heard that the recruits have been lean and their list was sub-average last year from all accounts so as an Easts fan we really don't know what to expect. Hope for a good standard of play and we will take them on with a decent squad and hope that they don't have too many of the likes of Mick Dodd and Jamie Blunt to cut us up.

Given the connection with a few former Marsh boys now at Easts this one has the potential to get a hit fiery and old Magpie Shae better keep off the gas to ensure everything runs according to plan.

I take it your a Marsh man Sweep, can you provide us with any news?

R u going to post every 5 minutes of the day for the rest of this year barry? Your already starting to fill this forum up with useless crap. If you want to rival the lion king with sarcasim and humour then be like him and time your run instead of fumbling over the keyboard 24/7!;);)

Nah sorry Baz not a Marsh man but do know some guys up that way and for the last couple of years the two teams have a had a hit due to the the Scubba connection.
So i was just wondering if you were confident going into the game after the Darley game.
also if Doddy or Blunty ever cut you up it would be time to give up footy!!

With only a week and a half out from the opening bounce most sides
should be settled enough to know how their side is shaping up for the year. Does anybody want a crack at calling the winners and losers for Rd 1? My tips.
Belmont to get over Blue West
East easily over Inverleigh
Corio with all their Guns to roll BPH
Werribee to beat Anakie
Winch over Nth Geelong
Thomson to beat banno.

Don't be so certain about Corio having all their big guns...one R.O'Toole will missing through suspenion

R u going to post every 5 minutes of the day for the rest of this year barry? Your already starting to fill this forum up with useless crap. If you want to rival the lion king with sarcasim and humour then be like him and time your run instead of fumbling over the keyboard 24/7!;);)

well said croat.Sick of him already.In for one hell of a year.
where was he when the heat was on last sept.
thats right no where to be seen.
they at east were partying before the fat lady sang.
ha ha good on ya lion king.Give it to them!

Do your research old man, I told you numbats that I've been up in the Pilbra for the last year earning BIG coin. Last year is gone now, and i'm back in town just living the life of unlimited internet access and with nothing to do but annoy you blokes about my beloved Easts. Obviously I'm getting a kick out of it, I know a few other dudes are too so eat it up.

And this one goes out to that hamster Croat: Shut your gob, I've done my research on you and you have spat out some decent dribble in the past. Do I need to quote a few...

Easts by 10+ goals over the Marsh this weekend.

All the way in 2008

Baz If East didnt lay down as easy as a girl out the front of Corio Village in last years Granny you could be yapping about 2007! But they did and your not so until they are holding the cup up this year please dont ahead of yourself. At the moment Belmont have the cup so they are the team to beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baz If East didnt lay down as easy as a girl out the front of Corio Village in last years Granny you could be yapping about 2007! But they did and your not so until they are holding the cup up this year please dont ahead of yourself. At the moment Belmont have the cup so they are the team to beat.

Boys and girls 2007 is over. Belmont won it everyone else didn't (including East) so lets forget about the Flag that debt bought and move onto 2008 which is shaping up as a ripper and one where everyone is back to scratch as at round 1.

gday fellas, just wondering if anyone knew anything about a bloke called daniel cook, i think he may hav played with anakie and or lara previously, also possibly a former geelong falcon player?

gday fellas, just wondering if anyone knew anything about a bloke called daniel cook, i think he may hav played with anakie and or lara previously, also possibly a former geelong falcon player?

yeah he played at corio he wasnt a bad player at all, but hasnt done much since his been at anakie, but if he got his head right like when he was at corio, the kid can play.

Belmont will defeat Geelong West by 37+ points
East will smash Inverleigh by 50+ points
BPH V Corio will be very hard to split. Hill to just get up
Werribee over Anakie 20+ points
Nrth Geelong to beat Winch
Thomson to defeat Banno

Belmont 5 goals
East under 10 goals
Hopefully Corio
Werribee 5 goals
Winch 5 goals
Banno Thom DRAW

Oldie, you are fixated on East. Anytime someone posts with an allegiance to them you take the long handle to them. Whats the matter champ some past grievance with the club continuously gnawing at you? At least Bazza has shown his allegiance which is more than we can say for your good self.

We all know East will perform in 08. Skrobalak will be the key man with Coy as the assistance- Nothing has changed. The Boys from Bell Post are fully armed in 08 and will be hard to beat, especially with Grgic who will laugh in the gdfl

Just letting you all know there is no bad blood between skrob, the coy brothers and B/M. Also Mick Dodd hasnt played seniors in 2 years.
And 19th Man you must've had keen eye on the East v Darley game. Dean O'Hara presenting well? He was playing cricket. idiot.
And Simon prymke is ex AFL player Paul's, brother. Not nephew

Just letting you all know there is no bad blood between skrob, the coy brothers and B/M. Also Mick Dodd hasnt played seniors in 2 years.
And 19th Man you must've had keen eye on the East v Darley game. Dean O'Hara presenting well? He was playing cricket. idiot.
And Simon prymke is ex AFL player Paul's, brother. Not nephew

As i've said in my defence, I don't know all the players, bar the only couple people seem to mention, Coy & Skrobba. Without a footy record, my info was limited at best.
One thing I didn't f#@k up on was the state of the ground, and the result.
Not sure they will even get over the Marsh!

Oldie, you are fixated on East. Anytime someone posts with an allegiance to them you take the long handle to them. Whats the matter champ some past grievance with the club continuously gnawing at you? At least Bazza has shown his allegiance which is more than we can say for your good self.

if you check my posts, I only answered to your negative comments about others.
And yes, since you represented East over the break, then I directed them at you.
You never stop publicly bagging players criptically.Thats all champ!

How have I put myself out there? I said we'll know who wins on saturday. Are we going to know before then?
I've seen your little posts on the BFL thread too.
Whats your go? Do you hide behind your computer with your diet coke and bag of chips having a crack at people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back