GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe not play football at all.
my mate from the marsh said he would be a huge loss as he was in really good shape and one of the fittest at the club during pre season.
Newt's do you know him or how did you come by your info

my mate from the marsh said he would be a huge loss as he was in really good shape and one of the fittest at the club during pre season.
Simon's just got married so he might have other things on his mind then playing football. I think he also might have the travel bug as well. It would be a big loss to foootball if calbert didn't play football anywhere in 2007.

Simon's just got married so he might have other things on his mind then playing football. I think he also might have the travel bug as well. It would be a big loss to foootball if calbert didn't play football anywhere in 2007.
it sounds like you are good friends with Simon, as you seem to know a bit about him?

reports are that thompson are struggling for numbers getting around 10 to training so maybe not take them

I cannot understand the lack of interest there, should this be true. With a looming third straight flag in sight, surely that in itself is enough motivation.

any thoughts on clayton trotter from inverleigh, do you rate him as a player.
i think he is a very handy footballer and without him inverleigh would be in big trouble

You could almost guarentee this is not true. No way he would go down to GDFL standard

Highlight, I hope to christ you don't think I am picking on you, but your the one who announced the rumour of Obst. Then, two posts later, your telling everyone that it couldn't possibly be true, that the GDFL is way below him.
I hope I haven't upset you too much, as you appear to be flustered.

i know that wayne carey rooted kelly stevens but i wouldn't call the duck a mate of mine.

really, when did this thing with carey happen, If you dont know him how do you now that he has the travel bug?
does carey have the travel bug too

really, when did this thing with carey happen, If you dont know him how do you now that he has the travel bug?
does carey have the travel bug too
It was reported in the paper that calbert got married recently and missed the entire 2006 seson because he travelled overseas. it also said that he hopes to do more travelling in the future. it also said that he enjoys horse riding, ten pin bowling and playing backgammon on his front porch while sipping gin and tonic.

Simon only trained with the Marsh a few times, he looked like a good prospect but you cannot tell from training, it would be more than likely he won't be playing at the Marsh.

Heard a whisper that Heath Buck might return to Werribee this year, with the posibility of playing footy with Simon Calbert? If this is posible then Werribee might not be the celler dwellers that every body might think.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a whisper that Heath Buck might return to Werribee this year, with the posibility of playing footy with Simon Calbert? If this is posible then Werribee might not be the celler dwellers that every body might think.....
From what i read on big footy over the last Six-eight months Heath Buck has a young family and a radio job and has no time to play footy any more, he must be over 40 by now and well past it

From what i read on big footy over the last Six-eight months Heath Buck has a young family and a radio job and has no time to play footy any more, he must be over 40 by now and well past it
I heard he has trained a couple of times already this year.... I'm sure he still has the passion to play if he is training???

I heard he has trained a couple of times already this year.... I'm sure he still has the passion to play if he is training???
passion to play is one thing, but if your 40 + and sitting in a pocket and taking the spot of some young kid who will get some experince from playing senior footy and may also create his own passion for the club and the jumper thats something else, from reading earlier posts on this site thats what Werribee Centrals need, not 40+ bloke sitting in a pocket and kicking one or two a week
Develope the youth

passion to play is one thing, but if your 40 + and sitting in a pocket and taking the spot of some young kid who will get some experince from playing senior footy and may also create his own passion for the club and the jumper thats something else, from reading earlier posts on this site thats what Werribee Centrals need, not 40+ bloke sitting in a pocket and kicking one or two a week
Develope the youth
:eek:

Used to play with Bucky many years back. Werribee Centrals may as well fold if they are looking at late 30 somethings to turn the club around, don't get me wrong he was a gun player but c'mon, give the kids a run they will get more ot of it as well as the club!!!!!

Used to play with Bucky many years back. Werribee Centrals may as well fold if they are looking at late 30 somethings to turn the club around, don't get me wrong he was a gun player but c'mon, give the kids a run they will get more ot of it as well as the club!!!!!
:thumbsu:

Couldnt agree more. Every club has a time where the old over lap the young. They should cut there loses and give the kids a go and sign them all up for 2 or 3 year deals. That way they dont put all the work into them and give them experience then they get poached for higher money.

Couldnt agree more. Every club has a time where the old over lap the young. They should cut there loses and give the kids a go and sign them all up for 2 or 3 year deals. That way they dont put all the work into them and give them experience then they get poached for higher money.
on this subject who do people think are they young guns of the league?

theres some young up and coming players
chris moreland bell post hill
jackson mcleod thomson

Some of the crap that comes out of your keyboard continues to astound.

Heath Buck must have a lot of spare time on his hand's because he spends a hell of a lot of time on here (Kooley)

I'm liking Bell Post Hill's recruits in Bevan Hurst (Bell Park), Chris Hemley (ex-St. Kilda) and even Nick Arundall.

Hurst is a handy forward to have because he plays a lot taller then he really is, Hemley has put on some weight over the past few years but still would produce a fair bit of skill and I don't know about Arundall in recent years but was a fair gun when in juniors!

Some of the crap that comes out of your keyboard continues to astound.

Newtown is your dont agree with my comment you know nothing about football. Stick to the can drinking mate because you have no idea about a footy club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back