GDFL Geelong & District Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also heard this but North apparently were furious about this and the case will be heading to the tribunal. Happy to be proven wrong but cant blame them for taking one without hesitation if thats the case but shows how ludicrous the system is.

Interesting given that Fopiani and Adam get on pretty well (got right into the Interleague stuff together).

Obviously can't say too much as I haven't seen the incident but i'd be suprised if that was the case.

I wouldve thought that Frank would be more concirned with the welfare of his own kids on his team. I know what your saying and it would be a bit of a conflicting situation for him but i think his responsibility is with his own team and the whole coaching comittee at North was clearly furious immediately after the incident however and had numerous discussions with the umpires at three quarter time and after the game.

Oh I absolutely agree mate, Frank's number 1 priority is/would be the welfare of his own team, absolutely 110% no doubt at all.

I just think he's the type who wouldn't want to turn a molehill into a mountain, shit happens, move on, let whatever the league decide to do take place. I'm sure he had a few words to the player concerned (who was it by the way?) young Ben Bryant has been playing in the Seniors of late (and done pretty well too) was it him? Wears Number 1 IIRC.

But at the end of the day it's country footy mate, that sort of stuff happens all the time and the fact that it was a kid shouldn't have any bearing on the length of suspension (as harsh as it sounds).

Skrob is obviously prone to the old brain fade every now and then as we all know but I doubt the reason he did it was because it was a kid.

Anyway, leave that to the Tribunal to sort out I guess.

half the size of scrobolak, he went to shepherd, skrobolak jumped and elbowed him across the head. he could have kept running and knocked the kid over and there would have been no malice whatsoever, but he chose to lift the elbow. who cares if he came back on and got on the best, that just proves he played a good game. scrobolak is dirty plain and simple, and its at least 4 weeks in my opinion. umpires werent looking obviously, there wouldnt have been a brawl otherwise

Half his size and skrobba jumped?? Now Skrob is about 6'6 so is this other bloke 7'5? You obviously didn't see it.
Also nice to see the north Geelong player come in to remonstrate and spit in skrobs face.

Half his size and skrobba jumped?? Now Skrob is about 6'6 so is this other bloke 7'5? You obviously didn't see it.
Also nice to see the north Geelong player come in to remonstrate and spit in skrobs face.

half his size was an exaggeration idiot. kid would be about 6'1 from where i was standing, skinny which lead to the exaggeration. and when i say jump I don't mean a vertical leap, but he was definitely off the ground when it happened.

number 63 bourky.

Ahhh Grant Armistead, good player:thumbsu:

Not suprised he got up and played out the game, goes about his footy the right way and doesn't let too much worry him.

The North fans/posters on here might be pissed off about it (and rightly so I guess)

But I reckon Grant/Frank have more than likely already moved on.

They've got more important things to worry about, massive game against Inverleigh this weekend. Win that and they almost assure their finals spot.

Ahhh Grant Armistead, good player:thumbsu:

Not suprised he got up and played out the game, goes about his footy the right way and doesn't let too much worry him.

The North fans/posters on here might be pissed off about it (and rightly so I guess)

But I reckon Grant/Frank have more than likely already moved on.

They've got more important things to worry about, massive game against Inverleigh this weekend. Win that and they almost assure their finals spot.

Things are rolling along nicely at the Hill. Both seniors and seconds would almost have to be the teams to beat. They had Venner and May playing magoos on the weekend in a team that already had Kozina, Sulics, Law and Langsworth in it so the depth is really strong there.

Yeah, BPH will win the flag.

Only doubt left is that they always find a way to 'lose' it, but they've gained just about the best forward in the comp on his day (Jovanovic) and probably the best Rookie of the season (Symes) who plays a pivotal position.

Not too mention getting Moreland back which strengthens their midfield unbelievably.

I definitely think they've got way too much firepower to drop it from here, but once bitten, twice shy. I'll believe it when I see it!

This is how I reckon it'll pan out

Finals Week 1

Werribee = Bye

Bell Post Hill vs Bannockburn
East Geelong vs North Geelong

Finals Week 2

Werribee vs Bell Post Hill
Bannockburn vs East Geelong

Finals Week 3

Werribee vs East Geelong

Grand Final

Bell Post Hill vs Werribee

for some reason I think Finals footy is going to bring out the best in East Geelong and I honestly wouldn't be suprised to see them make the Grand Final again but winning it from 4th or 5th is going to be very hard to do.

Thank goodness the boundry umpire did stand up and do something about it because i reckon everyone else at the ground watching saw what happened and most of the East people i spoke to even said it was disgusting.
Player was an 18 year old going to put on a simple shepard and like someone else mentioned Skrob had the choice to put on a clean bump and decided to raise the elbow strate to the head and wether he came back on or not was huge impact.
The word around East last night was that he was on 14 weeks already not sure how true that is but anything less then 4 weeks is a disgrace although i will expect the stock standard one or two.
The player was Armistead. It was off the ball and late and probably deserves time. I am not sure if he took the automatic but if offered I would.

I don't think he is any threat of hitting 16 weeks any time soon.

The game was pretty spiteful from half way through the second up until the end and it was good to see 2 sides showing some real passion for it although I dont condone the biff.

Oh and for the record 2 North players got carded but given they have no profile I dont see any comment on here about their behaviour.

Only doubt left is that they always find a way to 'lose' it, but they've gained just about the best forward in the comp on his day (Jovanovic) and probably the best Rookie of the season (Symes) who plays a pivotal position.

Not too mention getting Moreland back which strengthens their midfield unbelievably.

I definitely think they've got way too much firepower to drop it from here, but once bitten, twice shy. I'll believe it when I see it!

Finals Week 1

Werribee = Bye

Finals Week 2

Finals Week 3

Werribee vs East Geelong

Grand Final

for some reason I think Finals footy is going to bring out the best in East Geelong and I honestly wouldn't be suprised to see them make the Grand Final again but winning it from 4th or 5th is going to be very hard to do.

Out of the 5 sides here the side with the most upside and improvement left in them is East Geelong no doubt.

I'm going to tip a Bell Post Hill v East Geelong Grand Final and I can't help but think it'll go the same way as last year. Whatever happens should be a cracking finals series with 4 genuine contenders.

Are the finals at St Albans again? haven't heard too much about it.

Finals Week 1

Werribee = Bye

Finals Week 2

Finals Week 3

Werribee vs East Geelong

Grand Final

BPH are flying. They have hit form at exactly the right time and from my viewings look to have the set-up to take it all the way. I don't know the odds but for mine they should be a stand-out favourite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drove past the ground yesterday, it looks in horrible condition! :(

I thought the same so I took my dog for a walk past it last night and the actual surface is very good, so should be no problem there. Will be prob one of the best grounds in summer for the cricket it's just unfortunate that it looks far worse than it is in winter.

Called into the commo today and rumour floating around there is that skrobolak offered young armstead money to get him off his striking charge. if this is correct its an absolute joke. i didnt see the incident but geez if u have to offer the bloke money to get off u no uve done something wrong.

Well done to armstead if he did accept the money, but a big thumbs down to the gdfl if they let this happen

Called into the commo today and rumour floating around there is that skrobolak offered young armstead money to get him off his striking charge. if this is correct its an absolute joke. i didnt see the incident but geez if u have to offer the bloke money to get off u no uve done something wrong.

Well done to armstead if he did accept the money, but a big thumbs down to the gdfl if they let this happen

Phil Dickpott you are North Geelong and i dont believe you were any near the Como, you heard it on sunday at dazza's barrells like everyone else did. Yes Skroba offered Grant $300 to keep his mouth shut, but as stated nothing will come of it as the league are weak as piss.......

Phil Dickpott you are North Geelong and i dont believe you were any near the Como, you heard it on sunday at dazza's barrells like everyone else did. Yes Skroba offered Grant $300 to keep his mouth shut, but as stated nothing will come of it as the league are weak as piss.......

I'll tell you who is weak as piss. It's you, making up the biggest crock of sh*t you'll ever hear. You are a disgrace. Just plucked a number out too.

When was this offer supposed to have happened? On the ground? Because immediately after the game he took the week and the umps signed off on it.. It was only after North started squealing because they know they'll probably face east in the first final and tried to get him 4+ weeks..

So now he gets nothing so well done. I hope you get smashed first final cos you deserve it..

First of all im not north geelong, i've stated on here before just because of my name it doesnt mean i have anything to do with the real big fella dick philpott or the north geelong footy club, i live off drumcondra hence why i get to most of there home games, otherwise i usually watch footy at west oval.
Secondly dont no who dazza is but if hes putting on a free barrel can i have an invite sometime.
And lastly ur saying that the rumour was true, thats terrible for the league

Wouldnt worry to much about that. The Santa Ana Couch grass goes dorment over winter and goes brown. The actual surface and grass cover is fine it just looks ugly.
Maybe they will paint it to look good for the tv like last years GF. Any chance the GF will be live on ch31 again this year or has it been hijacked by the metro leagues? Also what are the chances of West Oval finals from next year since the league is pumping dollars into new or improved facilities there?

while people may claim Jovanovic's 20 were fed to him, i saw the game, and while the second half may have been called the "Jovana Record Attempt", anyone who was there will tell you his 9 first half goals was probably the best individual performance you will ever see.

while people may claim Jovanovic's 20 were fed to him, i saw the game, and while the second half may have been called the "Jovana Record Attempt", anyone who was there will tell you his 9 first half goals was probably the best individual performance you will ever see.
Come on although a great effort to kick 20 the statement is bit rich given the quality of the opposition.

are you suggesting that any game played against belmont should have an asterisk beside the result? every other team has played belmont, didnt see anyone else kick 20....

and if you saw the game, you would have seen Belmont were keeping pace until the last 5 minutes of the first. jovana had close coverage and belmont were dropping blokes in front of him, but he still sat on there heads or ran through them.

are you suggesting that any game played against belmont should have an asterisk beside the result? every other team has played belmont, didnt see anyone else kick 20....

and if you saw the game, you would have seen Belmont were keeping pace until the last 5 minutes of the first. jovana had close coverage and belmont were dropping blokes in front of him, but he still sat on there heads or ran through them.

20 goals is a great effort, but u can't tell me that there wasn't a fair share of "gimmies" to help his cause?

What's with all these so called big names playing 2's? Any truth to the return of Tarr and Farrer in the magoo's on the weekend to qualify for finals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back