GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well definantley Joeys and St Albans.

Grovedale - i dont think so coach should at least get another year, you should know better than me TF.

St Marys - Possibly Fletcher has been there for a while now if they go out in straight sets who knows.

Bell Park - i'd say Fitzgerald stay.

Newtown - Sutterby has to re apply, but their late season form was good. Likely to have a new coach though.

So really only Joeys, St Albans and Newtown likely to have new coaches at this stage.

So who's got which jobs in the bag. Any info on that.:eek:

I think its Gibson who will coach Colac next year.

I am sure there will be a lot of interest in the Joeys and Newtown jobs.

Fitzgerald will stay on you would think, Sheringham would be considered young as a Coach?

I don't think the St Mary's V Leopold final this week will be the same margin as when they last met.

it appears St mary's are getting some players and form back, I think they will get over the line and will play Bell Park in the pleminary.

South barwons form cannot be questioned at the moment, they are hitting top gear at the right time

i think south barwon are going to be hard to beat in all 3 levels

I honestly think Leopold will make it all the way to the big dance, although the lack of a big forward may hurt them in the end. If its a nice day saturday then I dont think South will get near Bell Park.

In the scoobie's, no ones got near Newtown all year have they? Would take a big choke for them not to win it.

Under 18's looks like the hardest one to pick with the teams all pretty even. Bell Park probably the outsider but with there recent success in junior footy, they could be the smokey.

I honestly think Leopold will make it all the way to the big dance, although the lack of a big forward may hurt them in the end. If its a nice day saturday then I dont think South will get near Bell Park.

In the scoobie's, no ones got near Newtown all year have they? Would take a big choke for them not to win it.

Under 18's looks like the hardest one to pick with the teams all pretty even. Bell Park probably the outsider but with there recent success in junior footy, they could be the smokey.

Rain predicted on Saturday which makes me lean towards South Barwon
Could be a little wet on Sunday, if that is the case then I think it will be very close. St Mary's showed good form last week and experience might get them over the line.

Great win by Leopold tonight, got off to a flyer and St Marys chipped it back to be up by 1 pt at 3 qtr time but David Clarke got sent off for a second time which probably cost them the game. Little Bourkey was a standout for the Pold and the big fella James Walker took some important grabs in the last to dish it off to running players.

Great win by Leopold tonight, got off to a flyer and St Marys chipped it back to be up by 1 pt at 3 qtr time but David Clarke got sent off for a second time which probably cost them the game. Little Bourkey was a standout for the Pold and the big fella James Walker took some important grabs in the last to dish it off to running players.

soft send off? what was it for? the send off rule must be abandoned before a team loses a granny for it in this case an elimination final

soft send off? what was it for? the send off rule must be abandoned before a team loses a granny for it in this case an elimination final

David Clarke is an absolute disgrace.
I agree that the rule should be gotten rid of but the umpire was spot on by giving him the second yellow in the last quarter.
Young Leopold player came in to lay a legitmate shepherd and Clarke landed a right hook on his chin.
St Marys are a top club and this clown has cost them a spot in a semi final, His team-mates would be livered at him.
To make things even worse, he trudged from the bench to the change rooms after the game without shaking one Leopold players hand!
Fantastic win by Leopold though!! hope they can pip South Barwon next week.

David Clarke is an absolute disgrace.
I agree that the rule should be gotten rid of but the umpire was spot on by giving him the second yellow in the last quarter.
Young Leopold player came in to lay a legitmate shepherd and Clarke landed a right hook on his chin.
St Marys are a top club and this clown has cost them a spot in a semi final, His team-mates would be livered at him.
To make things even worse, he trudged from the bench to the change rooms after the game without shaking one Leopold players hand!
Fantastic win by Leopold though!! hope they can pip South Barwon next week.
I agree 100% Clarke cost St Mary's big time and if I was involved at the club, should not play for them ever again, his team mates would be no longer his mates. To Bang Bang, you say the send off must be abandoned, but in this case it was warranted, The umpire was right both times in sending him off, who does Clarke think he is? The umpires were ordinary on the day, Leopold got frees early that were maybe suspect, then they put the whistle away until the last quarter and St Mary's seemed to get the doubtful ones. Overall it was another good game despite the slippery conditions. Should be another interesting game next week, Sth Barwon V Leopold.

St Mary's players would be savage I reckon.
You would think a player who has played the highest level would know better, from what I have heard he is very easily unsettled.
Two send offs at crucial times has cost them, absolutley no doubt about it.
St Marys obviously fought hard to get back into the game only to see it happen again.
If I was a team mate of his I would have been pi$$ed off big time, to do it once is undisciplined, to do it twice is inexcusable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i would think the winner could come from leopold, smashed sides when they won and lost by under a kick when they lost should poll alot of votes as a team maybe Luke Gale..... thoughts? anyone know if the count is broadcast on the radio or the web at all?

i would think the winner could come from leopold, smashed sides when they won and lost by under a kick when they lost should poll alot of votes as a team maybe Luke Gale..... thoughts? anyone know if the count is broadcast on the radio or the web at all?
you could be right nashhh, the winner could come from Leopold, luke gale has had a very good year but maybe it could be James Walker. Big guy, always in the play, you cant miss him in a crowd. There are so many good players in the League, it is difficult to pick a clear winner. The other factor is that the umpires are the ones voting, not us experts in the crowd.

Typical Mathieson Medal - Ben Lavars from St Marys won, which is not an injustice. I saw him play three times this year and wouldn't have given him votes in any of those games but he is obviously a very good player. There was voting that had people shaking their heads but generally it wasn't too bad. The big joke of the night was how many times North Shore players got votes in games in which they were beaten by huge margins.

Typical Mathieson Medal - Ben Lavars from St Marys won, which is not an injustice. I saw him play three times this year and wouldn't have given him votes in any of those games but he is obviously a very good player. There was voting that had people shaking their heads but generally it wasn't too bad. The big joke of the night was how many times North Shore players got votes in games in which they were beaten by huge margins.

I agree, it is hard to follow sometimes though Lavars a very deserving winner after being runner up a couple of times. Liam Rock from our club did really well but hard to read the voting when Leye Meleisea didn't poll a vote and was named in the Team of the Year and won our B&F by a fair way from Rock.

I agree, it is hard to follow sometimes though Lavars a very deserving winner after being runner up a couple of times. Liam Rock from our club did really well but hard to read the voting when Leye Meleisea didn't poll a vote and was named in the Team of the Year and won our B&F by a fair way from Rock.

Not worthy of the votes polled brownsugar?? Both times you guys played us this year he was clearly your best player, he might be having trouble reading the team of the year and club b&f system?? Should be proud someone from your club done well in the count..

Not worthy of the votes polled brownsugar?? Both times you guys played us this year he was clearly your best player, he might be having trouble reading the team of the year and club b&f system?? Should be proud someone from your club done well in the count..

Not sure I'm following what you are saying. I'm saying that Rocky had a good year as evidenced by his Runner-Up B&F with us and he did remarkably well in the Mathieson, however, Meleisea clearly won our B&F and was named in the GFL Team of the Year but failed to get a vote in the medal. That my friend is a little hard to read, especially when in my opinion Meleisea stands out with the way he plays his footy. I'm not surprised that Rocky polled well; I'm surprised that Meleisea didn't.

Not sure I'm following what you are saying. I'm saying that Rocky had a good year as evidenced by his Runner-Up B&F with us and he did remarkably well in the Mathieson, however, Meleisea clearly won our B&F and was named in the GFL Team of the Year but failed to get a vote in the medal. That my friend is a little hard to read, especially when in my opinion Meleisea stands out with the way he plays his footy. I'm not surprised that Rocky polled well; I'm surprised that Meleisea didn't.

Thank you for clearing that up brownsugar, i misunderstood you post. Any news on teams that didnt make the finals?? comings and goings??

Harvey lang!

GONE!
You cant have it both ways, both ways. He was gone about 2 weeks ago, then he is not gone, or are you confirming what was expected by a few people that he is gone for sure or is it this week he is gone and next week he is back?

i understand there has been alot of insinuation in regards to the coaching situation at grovedale.
im confirming that in the coming weeks the position will be advertised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back