GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win by South Barwon...

Happened to catch the reserves GF and was surprised with the antics/immaturity of number 38 for Geelong West (the bald ruckman-utility who came off the bench) which nearly cost them the game. Clearly not a great student of the game and its complexities and the sportsmanship that should define the game. :p

port adel??? really??? can understand why guy is a jet either down back or up forward. and ready made footballers seem 2 be all the rage in the afl atm

pete davenport to north shore along with all the players he recriuted to st albans???????

Do tell which players will go to North Shore with Davenport ?:eek:

Dont know if Jason Cloke will go to St Alban's next year, because of alot of problem's at the club on & off the field interesting. Would be a great pick up for the Saints if so. :thumbsu:

Cloke rumour is rubbish, so is the claim that there are a lot of problems on & off field. Coaching appointment is very close.

As for the earlier claim of Peter taking players with him........obviously have very little knowledge of the man. He does tend to exaggerate !!!

Cloke rumour is rubbish, so is the claim that there are a lot of problems on & off field. Coaching appointment is very close.

As for the earlier claim of Peter taking players with him........obviously have very little knowledge of the man. He does tend to exaggerate !!!

Well do you know who the Coach will go for now. Sounds like things are not going that good, if they can't get a coach to the Super Saints. :D

With Harvey Lang being ejected from the coaching position at grovedale, the club has asked Young VFL star Ben Raidme to come back to his club and take over the rains.
apparently Raidme is definately considering the offer as it is a handsome amount of money being offered.
id say that if he is appointed then grovedale will definately be on the rise again, after a big backwards step this season!

maybe a little harsh both ways. Grovy finished with a similar percentage to 2009 with the only difference being the improvement of Leoplold, Lara, and St Albans.
Maybe the tigers just didnt have that natural improvement via the playing stocks, and we all know that the only way to improve is to turn those stocks over.
So therefore was it a coaching or a recruiting difficiency?
Also any news about other coaching appointments or player movements?

in 09" the tigers won i think around 8 games. which is more than this season. and the morale of not only the playign group but of the club itself was extremely positive after all of the hard work that peter raidme had put in. im certain that if he was still in the drivers seat this season things would have been alot different.
harvey lang has from day one supposedly rubbed players and committee men up the wrong way and his negative impact and lack of direction has cost the club severly. This is why he has been removed from the position.
as for the playing stock, grovedale needs a handful of key position players to bolster there list, i think if u knew anything about there current playing list and the not only the quality of some young players, but the potential of the team overall, then your view would be different.
ask anyone at the club and they will tell u that the 2010 demise of grovedale, has come at the hands of Harvey Lang!

With Harvey Lang being ejected from the coaching position at grovedale, the club has asked Young VFL star Ben Raidme to come back to his club and take over the rains.
apparently Raidme is definately considering the offer as it is a handsome amount of money being offered.
id say that if he is appointed then grovedale will definately be on the rise again, after a big backwards step this season!

Why won't the club come out & make it official that Lang has been sacked ?? I asked the question "who's coaching Grovey next year?" to a Grovedale committee guy on Friday and got the straight bat reply "Harvey Lang, don't believe all that rot, none of it's true."

I remember back when Lang was appointed there was a bit of conjecture about him, a lot of it not so favourable, so i did a search and found these little nuggets of info (yes i do have some time on my hands, the good thing about being a student).

From MrsMac 13/11/09
No way hose, harvey lang coaching grovedale. He would be the most overrated coach going around, just ask him how good he really is. Why would warrack eagles get rid of him after he got them to a grand final. He got them fit ,yes,they performed admirally in the grand final but the standard of the comp is overrated, only one team any good and that is horsham, winning the last 6 or 7 premierships on the trot. He is still based in horsham, is he moving to geelong? Grovedale you have been sucked in. Its all about the cash with harv.

Shad 16/11/09
Background on Harvey Lang is pretty impressive...finals everywhere he coached..Have heard from a Stawell mate that he will get them fit and will get the very best out of each player.
Again ...hearing an 'out of Geelong central' team's players are over the waffling of their self impressed coach....could be a long or short season??

MrsMac 16/11 09
Your stawell mate is right shad, he will get them very fit and will get the best out of some of the players until they get sick of hearing the stupid things he says and lose respect.

Purrfest Pussies 27/02/09
Any news on how Grovedale and there new coach Harvey Lang are shaping up. I had heard a whisper back home in the Wimmera that there could be a little player unrest already beginning to appear between the two parties.

Sounds like the wraps on him were true way back at the start of the season. Poor Grovedale just can't get it right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't have thought so, why would he leave Geelong?? Harvey Lang wont be there next year either.. One name ive heard who's put his hat in the ring is Paul Lynch. Id be very suprised/disappointed if he was to get the job.

Wouldn't have thought so, why would he leave Geelong?? Harvey Lang wont be there next year either.. One name ive heard who's put his hat in the ring is Paul Lynch. Id be very suprised/disappointed if he was to get the job.
what about someone like wade chapman?

From the Addy today - http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2010/10/06/216461_gfl.html
I

Grovedale coach in legal saga
Nick Wade | October 6th, 2010

GROVEDALE and its coach Harvey Lang are embroiled in a drawn-out legal battle over his coaching future at the club.
While the GFL club maintains Lang has not been sacked, players are under the impression his future is in doubt.

Grovedale yesterday confirmed Lang's future at the club was in the hands of lawyers, but insisted his contract had not been terminated.

There is no indication yet when the issue will be resolved and the Geelong Advertiser is not privy to the nature of any legal dealings.

"Currently we have an ongoing contract with Harvey but we are currently negotiating with Harvey and his solicitor," Tigers president Alan Blain said in a statement.

"No further comment will be made at this time."

It's is understood Lang's tenure has been in question following talks between the committee and many senior players late in the season to gather feedback about the year.

Players contacted by the Advertiser yesterday confirmed they had spoken to committee members about the coach as part of a normal review process, but were staying out of legal proceedings.

Lang, who joined the Tigers after a successful coaching stint in the Wimmera, yesterday declined to comment.

Back in July, the club denied discontent existed among the playing group and gave a categorical assurance Lang would see out his contract.

Lang told some players last month he wanted to coach on next season and showed them a list of what he planned to achieve moving forward.

Both Grovedale and Lang contacted the Victorian Country Football League about three weeks ago to discuss contract issues.

"Yes, we have spoken to VCFL but just generally about contracts," Blain said.

"We have also spoken to them a number of times about our strategic plan.

"We are actively recruiting for next year."

Grovedale has signed most of its senior players for next season.

Key Grovedale officials are keeping the issue under close guard, but many players expect to learn more when the club holds its best and fairest count later this week.

The messy end to the year is a blow to Lang, who moved his family to the region this year and recently took up new employment.

Grovedale finished 10th this season with five wins.

I saw that article today, not even worth printing, to me that says see ya later.
Contracts are in the hands of Solicitors and they have sought advise from VCFL, come on now, just make the call and have some pills !!

Yep, i assume the club is trying to find a way of getting rid of him without paying him out.

I saw that article today, not even worth printing, to me that says see ya later.
Contracts are in the hands of Solicitors and they have sought advise from VCFL, come on now, just make the call and have some pills !!

From what I hear, I don't think it's about having the pills...........I think it's got more to do with dollar$. He has a contract for 2 more years and is apparantly playing hardball with his legal eagles requesting a payout !!!
No club would want to pay a coach that isn't doing the job..........Looks like they've got themselves into some deep excrement !!!

Forssman and Doug Scott cocoaching the roosters....... one down, any further whispers on the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back