Geelong - Most overrated team of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn won because they did not fear them.

I wanted a Collingwood/Cats GF purely because I believed the Pies are the only side not to fear them, ie do not believe the hype.

Hawthorn won the battle between their own ears and realised that they are 22 blokes who can be beaten. Geelong panicked when they realised this and missed the set shots on goal.

Hawthorn basically controlled the whole game and played it on their terms.

:rolleyes: OK then.

so pleasing that geelong have been exposed as the extremely overrated side they are.

very good side, yes. just highly overrated. suck it up boys.

Overrated? They lost 1 game this year before the GF, they belted everyone (incl your hapless bunch of dope fiends and peahearts) then lost the GF through missed shots. They are still a great side. Even great sides have bad days...

I just don't understand the OP's point... over rated team.. then spouts out individuals. We are an awesome team.. there is no denying that, regardless of what you think of some of the individuals in the team.

Geelong are an awesome side, but they don't have a good enough forward line to be considered one of the best ever. No worries with Midfield or defense however.

that statement has no value and can't be judged until maybe the end of next year. they still have class players. add bartel to the mix that arn't overrated. they only lost 2 games for the year with the 2nd on the most important day which shows they are still probably the best side in the competition and have the list 2 go very very close to winning it next year.

Players who live up to the hype.
Scarlett
Ablett
Ling

Overrated
Harry Taylor
Joel Corey
Cameron Mooney
Andrew Mackie
Brad Ottens
Darren Milburn
James Kelly
Mark Blake
Matthew Stokes - people called for this guy to be All Australian.

The only team that comes close is probably St Kilda a couple years ago.

How can Harry Taylor be overrated when several "experts" have said he's the weakest link in our defence? :confused:

your forgetting that we are not the ones calling our team the greatest ever and definite to go back to back.

Maybe that's because an "overrated side" has an average winning margin of 80 points over the last 4 encounters against your rabble. :p

How can Harry Taylor be overrated when several "experts" have said he's the weakest link in our defence? :confused:

Exactly. Taylor is in his first year and has done a good job getting a regular game at the reigning premiers. He's not overrated at all.

As for a couple of others in your list - I'd like to have a couple at Carlton.

Corey is one of the most underrated players in the comp if you ask me and he's been good for years.

Wow dont you just love threads describing a team that lost two games, albeit one of them being the biggest game of the year, overrated.

Geelong is not overrated..their an awesome team, theyve got everything a team would want..

They have got the best midfield league and best backline, and when tommahawk startes strutting his stuff..watch out!! the pussies will be back hungrier than ever..on the saturday they werent switched on, and fortunatley for me and the rest of the hawk fans we were switched on..its two bad games for a whole..their an awesome team and to be honest they'll have a better year next year...

but i hope the hawks can be come something similar to the cats because wining that many games in a year is not easy..so a message to you cat supporters..you'll be back next year, tougher, angrier and most of all hungrier, soo keep your heads up!!

But so will the hawkers :D hehe..

Agreed except for Joel Corey, He's alright. And Selwood is a gun, and will be might just win a brownlow. I have been saying for ages, that it is the unselfishness and game style of Geelong that has made them so successful. I have never thought for one minute they had the best list, but they got the most out of their team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong - Most overrated team of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back