Geelong Speedsters - Who's the fastest?!

Remove this Banner Ad

dadonis

Debutant
Sep 10, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Just wandering if anyone actually knew the official 100 meter dash speeds (or any similar measure), hence the actual fastest blokes in the club?

Obvious names that spring to mind include Wojcinski, Tenace, Varcoe, Byrnes, possibly Ablett...

Just wandering if anyone actually knew the official 100 meter dash speeds (or any similar measure), hence the actual fastest blokes in the club?

Obvious names that spring to mind include Wojcinski, Tenace, Varcoe, Byrnes, possibly Ablett...

Matt Spencer holds the club record, yet i don't know who the current champion is.

Who cares!!!!!

Does footy still exist????

Does having football ability or being able to get the ball have any relevance these days??

For a start we have two blokes in our team who are thier based completely on how fast they run. The Stawell gift was on this long weekend therefore Kane and Shannon you have 12 months to prepare for next years event.

Good luck! Now get out of the 22 and prepare for Stawell or Beijing or wherever it is fast runners are required in the VFL!

Matt Spencer holds the club record, yet i don't know who the current champion is.
Is this the tallish Mathew Spencer spent several years on the list for only 1 or 2 senior games, and is back at Swan Districts and was named to play CHB in WAFL Rnd 1?

He was "The Natural" for a reason. Also held Bench Press record and vertical leap. The best athlete to come through the club easily known for his ability to cover a lot of grass and mowing people down from behind.

I think from memory Kane Tenace ran a 10.7 before being drafted which would be close to commonwealth games qualifications.

Some one else had a quote where wojak said he doesn't run the 100m very quickly but give him a 2m headstart on someone and we will finish further ahead. So he runs quicker if being chased. I remember James Walker standing him last year, walker is quick, and at one stage he didn't have much of a head start but still managed to take a bounce and dispose before walker caught him.

Is this the tallish Mathew Spencer spent several years on the list for only 1 or 2 senior games, and is back at Swan Districts and was named to play CHB in WAFL Rnd 1?

that's what i was wondering!:eek:

Who cares!!!!!

well, obviously i do mate, hence the reason i asked...if you don't then just move onto another post :rolleyes:

He was "The Natural" for a reason. Also held Bench Press record and vertical leap. The best athlete to come through the club easily known for his ability to cover a lot of grass and mowing people down from behind.

lol, Matty Spencer, the Natural. yeah, pretty sure that was his nickname :p

I think from memory Kane Tenace ran a 10.7 before being drafted which would be close to commonwealth games qualifications.

Some one else had a quote where wojak said he doesn't run the 100m very quickly but give him a 2m headstart on someone and we will finish further ahead. So he runs quicker if being chased. I remember James Walker standing him last year, walker is quick, and at one stage he didn't have much of a head start but still managed to take a bounce and dispose before walker caught him.

love wojak's run - i think his attacking run i spart of what's really lifted the whole team's running game, inspired by that lightning burst down field..!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so proud that my nickname of "The Natural" is being so widely used these days.

Now that he is not on the list, i really need to find another player to abuse......... SHANNON "******" BYRNES just does not roll off the toungue as easy.

I'm so proud that my nickname of "The Natural" is being so widely used these days.

Now that he is not on the list, i really need to find another player to abuse......... SHANNON "******" BYRNES just does not roll off the toungue as easy.

I'd go with one of:
Shannon "The Silk" Byrnes.
Shannon "Superboot" Byrnes
Shannon "The Cannon" Byrnes
Shannon "Iceman" Byrnes

I like Iceman. It is such a w***er nickname.

Can someone please acknowledge my lawn mowing jokes. Even if its to say poor effort not funny.

I'd go with one of:
Shannon "Iceman" Byrnes

Can someone please acknowledge my lawn mowing jokes. Even if its to say poor effort not funny.

How about Shannon " Mr Disposal " Byrnes ?

I'd go with one of:
Shannon "Iceman" Byrnes

Lol, no, only 'The Natural'. Now that was worth acknowledging! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong Speedsters - Who's the fastest?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back