Game Day Geelong v Collingwood at GMHBA stadium, 7.10pm Friday Night. Watch on Kayo, Fox or AFL/W apps

Remove this Banner Ad

Pride Round

Collingwood will welcome back star forward Chloe Molloy for their clash with the Cats after she was held out of last week's team due to health and safety protocols, but they've elected not to risk skipper Steph Chiocci, who will miss a second straight week with an achilles complaint.

Bella Smith has also been included in the squad, with Imogen Barnett (omitted) and Erica Fowler (concussion) the two omissions.

Meanwhile, the Cats have made five changes; they will be boosted by the return of Nina Morrison, Julia Crockett-Grills, Sophie Van De Heuvel and Georgie Rankin, who make their way into the team for Annabel Johnson (health and safety protocols), Chloe Scheer (managed), Danielle Higgins, Georgia Clarke and Laura Gardiner (all omitted).

Collingwood's strong defensive group will make life very hard for a Cats side that already finds it difficult to score. Geelong has kicked more than two goals just once in its last five matches, while the Pies have conceded the third-fewest points in the competition so far this season. Collingwood will apply pressure high up the field and suck the Cats into kicking long, high balls to the advantage of the Pies defence.

Geelong will be looking to break its losing streak at home. Winless in their last nine matches at home, the Cats will be taking on the side that they beat at the venue in their very first AFLW match. It will be imperative that they have someone playing an accountable role on Britt Bonnici, not necessarily a strict tagging role, but someone with the fitness to run with her as she looks to find space.

Watch it live on your computer/phone/ipad: https://www.womens.afl/match-centre/2022/3748/geel-v-coll

Team:

Stacey LivingstoneAlana Porter
Ruby SchleicherLauren ButlerSoph Casey
Sarah RoweJaimee LambertJordyn Allen
Aishling SheridanEliza JamesChloe Molloy
Sophie AlexanderSabrina Frederick
Alison DownieBrittany BonniciEbony O'Dea
Bella SmithEloise ChastonAliesha Newman
Mikala CannAmelia Velardo
Imogen BarnettAbbi Moloney

Last edited:
Pride Round

Collingwood will welcome back star forward Chloe Molloy for their clash with the Cats after she was held out of last week's team due to health and safety protocols, but they've elected not to risk skipper Steph Chiocci, who will miss a second straight week with an achilles complaint.

Bella Smith has also been included in the squad, with Imogen Barnett (omitted) and Erica Fowler (concussion) the two omissions.

Meanwhile, the Cats have made five changes; they will be boosted by the return of Nina Morrison, Julia Crockett-Grills, Sophie Van De Heuvel and Georgie Rankin, who make their way into the team for Annabel Johnson (health and safety protocols), Chloe Scheer (managed), Danielle Higgins, Georgia Clarke and Laura Gardiner (all omitted).

Collingwood's strong defensive group will make life very hard for a Cats side that already finds it difficult to score. Geelong has kicked more than two goals just once in its last five matches, while the Pies have conceded the third-fewest points in the competition so far this season. Collingwood will apply pressure high up the field and suck the Cats into kicking long, high balls to the advantage of the Pies defence.

Geelong will be looking to break its losing streak at home. Winless in their last nine matches at home, the Cats will be taking on the side that they beat at the venue in their very first AFLW match. It will be imperative that they have someone playing an accountable role on Britt Bonnici, not necessarily a strict tagging role, but someone with the fitness to run with her as she looks to find space.

Watch it live on your computer/phone/ipad: https://www.womens.afl/match-centre/2022/3748/geel-v-coll

Team:

Stacey LivingstoneAlana Porter
Ruby SchleicherLauren ButlerSoph Casey
Sarah RoweJaimee LambertJordyn Allen
Aishling SheridanEliza JamesChloe Molloy
Sophie AlexanderSabrina Frederick
Alison DownieBrittany BonniciEbony O'Dea
Bella SmithEloise ChastonAliesha Newman
Mikala CannAmelia Velardo
Imogen BarnettAbbi Moloney

Thanks for this M5. Hard not to be confident about winning this game. A lot of changes for the Cats. We have Chloe back. Our defence is outstanding and I hadn't realised the Cats have so much trouble scoring.

I pondered going to this game, but decided against it. Re the bolded, I was at that game and I think we lost by a point(?). I was so p'd off that I through a wobbly and behaved quite badly. Mr Park was with me and he was very unhappy about it. I got the silent treatment all the way home on the long drive back to civilisation from Sleepy Hollow.

Go Pies girls!

Getting killed in the ruck and the centre, lucky to be so close.

New girls going okay and I love Sheridan.

We been Killed in the last 2 Games in the Ruck so thats no Change.

Yeah there Mids are beating ours in the 1st Qtr. They need to lift and this is why Davey is a MASSIVE out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, but Frederick is a liability up forward. Can't mark anything, is slow and offers no F50 pressure....

Could say the Same about Molloy outside of the Goal she just Kicked she done not much else

Try Frederick in Ruck as Downie getting Destroyed

Dodged a bullet there. Geelong will play a lot worse than that and win games of footy this year.

At least we know we can play much better than that. At least we won ugly like good teams seem to be able to do

I agree Cats outplayed us everywhere accept the Scoreboard.

Great Effort to get the Win

Any word on why better homes and gardens (7two) and rise of the planet of the apes (7mate) relegated this game to Kayo/Fox/app?

Usual “contractual obligations” I suspect but quite weak of the AFL to allow a marquee time slot for well supported clubs to not be on FTA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back