Certified Legendary Thread GEELONG WINS 2022 GRAND FINAL BY PLENTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger needs 6 votes to tie the Gary Ayres medal
Surely he gets at a minimum 7

My thoughts on danger changed overnight, how strange
Grand final votes are worth 1.5 times votes received

So 10 votes become 15 etc

Not sure too many Swans will feature in the votes, so he may be right

I think the best thing to come out of this premiership is the fact that people will get off Scotts back and stop talking about our finals failures, they did a finals comparison between Scotty and Horse Longmire yesterday and they were pretty much the same, unwarranted, can't win everything

I think the best thing to come out of this premiership is the fact that people will get off Scotts back and stop talking about our finals failures, they did a finals comparison between Scotty and Horse Longmire yesterday and they were pretty much the same, unwarranted, can't win everything
Record has gone from 40% to 46% in 4 weeks

Did anyone else see Tyson Stengle interviewed on the Sunday Footy Show just then? He's still shy doing media but clearly loving the moment. I'm just so ******* happy for him, when you consider where he was coming from and the work he's done to achieve this, it's AWESOME. Will forever be a Geelong premiership legend now.

You're a champion, Tys. 😍
Yes. But I have not seen him that relaxed before in an interview. Always smiling.

At the airport now- off on a holiday-plane delayed but not fussed at all- will watch the replay.
Could you have scripted that game any better? The best day. We had the best time. My brother and I were there with our daughters- we all ended up sitting together for the last quarter. It was such a good day.
Thanks to everyone at the club. What a team. What a club. How fortunate are we?
Woohoo. Go Cats.

Was it going thru though?

From the reverse angle, I wasn't sure if it was going to hit the post

And not sure Dangerfield cared, the smile on his face seeing SDK kick the goal was priceless
Yep i agree

Danger did not give 1 shit that he didn't get that goal he was just pleased that he finally had a cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to say I was nervous at halftime, but I knew the Swans were close enough to still be in the match, and if they clicked they'd be good enough to get back in

The moment for me when that comeback didn't feel like happening & instead we'd run away with it - Isaac Smith's third goal, which was our 3 goal of the third quarter and all scored within the first 6 minutes

Questions were asked about how we'd come out after halftime compared with the Swans, with expectations they'd come out firing - well, we were the first team back out on the field, we looked switched on but relaxed at the same time

The Swans took a couple of minutes longer to come back out, well after the first siren to signal "get ready for the second half", and that sat weird with me, like they were really concerned with how the first half played out, so took extra time to address the playing group which can then result in a rushed preparation when back out on the ground

K Rock did a fabulous job on the post game interviews in the rooms- Hawk, Sel, Danger, Bews and more. No other radio station did better- they were all babble, some even talking collingwood and tennis.

Selwood was like you- when asked when he knew the game was done, he faltered -cos when is it ever done- and then decided to be honest. He said fourth goal into the third quarter he knew.

11am is when the supporters day starts, but I doubt the boys will be on stage at that time - don't think they'll be seen until at least an hour into the day

Yeah at least mid day.

Jezza prob late .
Cow took he's medal lol ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread GEELONG WINS 2022 GRAND FINAL BY PLENTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back