General AFL Discussion #8 - Carlton Supporters ONLY !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MRP clears the Scum.

Next time one of their players gets taken out - with the way they're reliant on dirty tactics to win it'll happen - I hope that the other clubs cry blue murder if the offender gets suspended.

After last night's match, I can officially say Stephen Milne is my most hated player in the afl. I've always hated the guy, but seriously, last night I came to the conclusion that for a guy who hasn't won a premiership and hasn't ever stood up in a game of utter significance, he is the cockiest prick in the game. He is in the top 5 for the biggest front runners in the game. Makes me feel sick when he kicks a bag like that against us and seeing him celebrating every goal like a **********

After last night's match, I can officially say Stephen Milne is my most hated player in the afl. I've always hated the guy, but seriously, last night I came to the conclusion that for a guy who hasn't won a premiership and hasn't ever stood up in a game of utter significance, he is the cockiest prick in the game. He is in the top 5 for the biggest front runners in the game. Makes me feel sick when he kicks a bag like that against us and seeing him celebrating every goal like a **********

[YOUTUBE]GbafkVRO41E[/YOUTUBE]

:thumbsu:

Hayden Ballanytne thread.

Total annoying twerp. Highly punchable.

Good player but.

Will it?

No Sam Fisher and Ben McEvoy was supposed to make it easier for us on Monday evening.

Won't mean anything if we don't get our hands on the ball first.

So true.

Adel are one of the best stoppage teams in the comp so I don't know why Walker's absence will help us.

Clearly we have been getting smashed at the stoppages and it's an issue we need to fix, and fix fast.

So true.

I dont know abbout al that - someone mentioned we won 75% of first possessions- as usual and butchered first possession as usual.

Apart from losing Carrazzo/Laidler/Yarron having Judd look thin and old, Duigan with no pre-season - and keeping Bower

teh biggest chaneg I have noticed this year is hair.

I meanlast year - a lot of the boyz gave themselves crew cuts...this year? I think they all decided Juddy wasnt teh role model - they wanted to be pretty boyz. So we play pretty. We have hair and we have coloured boots and we run fast - calling for teh ball that someone else has n't won yet...a long diustance away from where teh ball is.

Set shots? man tehy are booooooooooring stats- better to get a mark of the year in the pocket or kick a banan ball from the boundary - that gets you media attention...

Fix that - and we can beat anyone.

GWS Giants out of the race for Travis Cloke
"We don't intend to make an offer,'' Giants chief executive Dave Matthews told The Daily Telegraph.

"Our priority as a club is having secured young talent our job is to re-contract that talent,''

"It's not so much a salary cap issue but a list strategy,''
GWS Giants out of the race for Travis Cloke

735976-travis-cloke.jpg

What a stupid photo.

It's becoming a Collingwood tradition...

032264-nick-maxwell.jpg

I guess they asked Cloke to show everyone his hands because he broke the record for marks.

Imagine the sort of photo they'd ask Wilt Chamberlain to pose for when he was at the peak of his powers.

Did anyone hear Sam Lonergan on SEN this morning?

During the interview Tim Watson asked something like "Essendon and yourself are playing an intense and hard brand of football. Your tackle on Carrazza was indicitive of the way you have been playing and the intensity you are showing?"*

Lonergan didn't even acknowledge Carrazzo. You would think he would at least say 'Yeah we have made hard contested football an aim for us, I want to go out and tackle hard but it was unfortuate Andrew go injured in this instance.' Nothing. He and Tim Watson seemed pretty chuffed about his handy work.

Shows alot about the Lonergans character that he couldn't even acknowledge Carrazzo. Couldn't even man up enough to show some empathy. Pathetic.

*not a word for word quote, but something along those lines. Am at work and cant look up the interview right now. Appologies.

He's playing to the Scum game plan. The only reason why they were successful in 1993 and 2000 is the same reason why they're successful now. A few highly skilled players surrounded by the remainder of a team who play the man. They've won two premierships with that tactic but this team's skilled players aren't even close to those teams.

The two big scalps Essendon have taken this year in Carlton and West Coast, both have had one of their most important players out of the game by half time through injury caused by tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's playing to the Scum game plan. The only reason why they were successful in 1993 and 2000 is the same reason why they're successful now. A few highly skilled players surrounded by the remainder of a team who play the man. They've won two premierships with that tactic but this team's skilled players aren't even close to those teams.

Spot on. Really cant wait to have another crack at them. Want us to come out and belt them from pillar to post. Hit them hard and make them hurt at every contest. And really rub it in on the score board like we did twice last year.

Cloke won't be going anywhere. This circus around his signature is a joke. Yes, clubs are offering him ridiculous money, but why would he want to go to Melb or the WB when he can still earn decent enough coin at Pies and have a proper crack at the flag, there's absolutely no way he will leave Coll. Just delaying the inevitable.

Amazing to think that he will be getting a deal from Coll around the vicinity of 750k-800k. How the hell do they fit all the players in the cap when Swan, Pendlebury, Thomas and Cloke are all on that sorta money?

Exactly the way I see it. Lost interest in their shite a long long time ago. Can't even have a civil discussion with one another.

So...anyone interested in Gumby turning out for Bendigo this weekend?
UNless they open the box right side up to get the foam and bubble wrap off i dont think he is a big deal(this is if the delivery men pay attention to the fragile marking on his box.

the missus is passionate essendon and is sick of hear about how good he is 'going to be'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back