General AFL Discussion #8 - Carlton Supporters ONLY !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon is just infuriating me at the moment. Had we played that round 4 game with an ounce of intensity we would have beaten them no doubt. Now they are sitting pretty full of confidence.

I made the comment last week that the way we played against them was the exact same way we played against GWS. Hopefully second time round this year we will be heading into finals with a full head of steam and fit list, and we rightly avenge our loss.

Essendon is just infuriating me at the moment. Had we played that round 4 game with an ounce of intensity we would have beaten them no doubt. Now they are sitting pretty full of confidence.

I made the comment last week that the way we played against them was the exact same way we played against GWS. Hopefully second time round this year we will be heading into finals with a full head of steam and fit list, and we rightly avenge our loss.

I don't know why you're so infuriated with them, yes I hate them too but I love the fact that all the spotlight will be put on them, because when they get found out, it will be oh so sweet. I honestly don't believe they can sustain this game style for the year, and esp away from Etihad. They have a distinct advantage there.

I do believe at least 7 or 8 teams would have beaten WCE last night.

cannot understand the logic of GWS v GC at Manuka. One team had to win so surely one team should have the ability to win a game in front of their home fans to reward them.
Those bells going off for so long was a hoot.
Enjoyed watching the game
GC have issues when they just not respond in the 4th
Was good to see the Giants win - great song

Canberra is one of GWS's bases, and their main home ground is not completed yet.
new team - best chance to win their 1st game surely a venue in Sydney so Sydney people might go along would have been a better option.

Hoping Walker gets off to. Don't want screaming crow fans making excuses. I want our defenders to play against the best, and he currently is the best.

The media must be hating this season, its showing them up to be the frauds that they are. Every week they install a new flag favorite and the next week indulge in what the press do best, knocking people down. Pre season it was the Hawks, then came us, then the Swans, then WC, now Essendon. And the moment they install them as favourites the wheels fall off, just to highlight just how much the so called experts are guessing just like the rest of us. They have played the game and been a part of the top level for years and years and have no more insight than we fans do.

The media must be hating this season, its showing them up to be the frauds that they are. Every week they install a new flag favorite and the next week indulge in what the press do best, knocking people down. Pre season it was the Hawks, then came us, then the Swans, then WC, now Essendon. And the moment they install them as favourites the wheels fall off, just to highlight just how much the so called experts are guessing just like the rest of us. They have played the game and been a part of the top level for years and years and have no more insight than we fans do.

The majority just follow the path of least resistance and take no consideration of the whole situation, in order to get beyond level 1 of appreciation for the game.
You've said it right there: The majority are frauds and are an embarrassment to what is now largely an embarrassing situation for the media "experts" in general.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne Carey was ranking no.1 draft picks earlier in the week and it was just painful to watch. To begin with, he had Deledio in his top four and said Hodge would finish as the best from that group.

I don't rate him as the best right now and don't see where he'll improve enough to be the best in that group. Must be injecting more than botox once again.

Strange season. We're miles away from playing our best footy, with so-so form for most of it, and yet we're very close to top of the pre-finals series ranking ladder. Struggling to see who our main challengers will be this season - they all seem very flawed. Our aim is to just keep on ticking along, tweaking the game plan, and getting the talent fit for the business end when we'll unleash big time.

:)

Got to question whether our effort was entirely all that bad last week. The Roos looked awful a week after playing in Western Australia and lost almost convincingly to a poor Bulldogs team.

Have three this week thus far.

The only 'surprise' tip I've gotten this week was the semi-obvious Adelaide win over Geelong.

Have three this week thus far.

The only 'surprise' tip I've gotten this week was the semi-obvious Adelaide win over Geelong.

I got Hawks, Pies, Bombers, Crows & Tigers so far. Wrong on Roos and Suns, tipped Freo and Blues. Not such a bad week for me for once.

Thought Mark Austin put in a much improved performance for the Bulldogs today. Showed great closing speed on several occasions to spoil effectively and linked up fairly well out of the backline. Still makes the odd nervous mistake but given he's a real confidence player, a sustained run in the side might just iron out those errors.

Good work Aussie. :thumbsu:

Thought Mark Austin put in a much improved performance for the Bulldogs today. Showed great closing speed on several occasions to spoil effectively and linked up fairly well out of the backline. Still makes the odd nervous mistake but given he's a real confidence player, a sustained run in the side might just iron out those errors.

Thanks SOAP.

Smart pick up by the Dogs with Morris, Markovic and Williams all injured.

Very happy to read this. Always had a soft spot for Aussie, was shattered he never came on for us, and when he was dropped after 1 game earlier this year, feared the worst for his career tbh. I hope he can get a good run at it.

Spot on. Very much enjoyed the impact that he made in crucial parts of the second half. Several of his spoils saved goals for the Dogs but perhaps even more importantly there were a couple of key spoils that resulted in the Dogs getting to the ball and scoring. He really showed some of the promise today that a lot of us saw in him during his time at the Blues. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back