No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard rumours that the AFL is right now trying to change Hawthorn's residency so we lose some MCG home games.

Other docklands clubs (like St Kilda, WB, Dons), want more contracted games with MCG and Hawthorn is looking at losing some rights, including more Marvel Games and fewer MCG games.

If this does happen then the Gowers presidency is a total failure (and I am a huge fan of his).

I personally would be happy to see Hawthorn stand out of football completely rather than lose more MCG home. We were promised the MCG when we lost Waverly. If it happens, if the club lets it happen, we can say goodbye to keeping pace with other big clubs like the Pies, Carlton, Richmond, even Essendon (in terms of growing members).

This is an issue for right now. It's happening right now.

Let's face it. The MCG is a huge advantage... one of the few we have.
Genuine rubbish

I’d still be for us getting a similar deal to the Bulldogs with Ballarat as they get a decent amount to play there - say us getting 2-3 games in a regional centre. Something tells me the Victorian government won’t be throwing around the money though.

If our home game allotment was 8 MCG, 1 Marvel and 2 regional I could live with that.
Pretty sure I read something about us playing a game up in Cairns. Can anyone else confirm this?

I have heard rumours that the AFL is right now trying to change Hawthorn's residency so we lose some MCG home games.

Other docklands clubs (like St Kilda, WB, Dons), want more contracted games with MCG and Hawthorn is looking at losing some rights, including more Marvel Games and fewer MCG games.

If this does happen then the Gowers presidency is a total failure (and I am a huge fan of his).

I personally would be happy to see Hawthorn stand out of football completely rather than lose more MCG home. We were promised the MCG when we lost Waverly. If it happens, if the club lets it happen, we can say goodbye to keeping pace with other big clubs like the Pies, Carlton, Richmond, even Essendon (in terms of growing members).

This is an issue for right now. It's happening right now.

Let's face it. The MCG is a huge advantage... one of the few we have.
We already only play 6 home games at the MCG (Carlton 5 and Essendon 4). The AFL isn't going to kick Hawthorn out of the mcg for the Saints or the Dogs. It's such a non ****ing issue, we will still play all the large drawing matches at the mcg. Who cares if we play Fremantle or the Suns at Docklands rather than the mcg?

This is the AFL telling the umpires to change adjudication of frees mid way through the season:

Well at least the boys get to sit down on thurs/Friday night and find out just how much the rules have changed and what it looks like.

You just know it’s gonna be a mixed bag as usual

Well at least the boys get to sit down on thurs/Friday night and find out just how much the rules have changed and what it looks like.

You just know it’s gonna be a mixed bag as usual
Just wait until the AFL works out we are getting an advantage playing on Sundays.......Friday Nights here we come!

Apropos of nothing, quite funny ladder situation atm...

Top Sydney 10 wins, 1 loss 150%
2nd bottom Richmond 1 win, 10 losses 61%

The one abberation for each of them...
This is a record I have been following. This is the highest number of matches (11) for which one teams only win is the other's only loss. Every week Sydney win and Richmond lose is another record. The previous record was set in 2004 when melbourne were 6 - 1 and Hawthorn were 1 - 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good listen. I’m impressed how Razor presented his views and it’ll be interesting to see how it’s adjudicated this round. Happy with less time to dispose but the genuine attempt has to be assessed a lot better i.e. the Geelong way of genuine attempt is to drop the ball when tackled and arms pinned. Unless you at least swing a foot at it, it should be HTB.

Interesting article on The Age. Makes it even more interesting when you consider the amount of games where one team gets a run of favourable officiating eh.

We already only play 6 home games at the MCG (Carlton 5 and Essendon 4). The AFL isn't going to kick Hawthorn out of the mcg for the Saints or the Dogs. It's such a non ****ing issue, we will still play all the large drawing matches at the mcg. Who cares if we play Fremantle or the Suns at Docklands rather than the mcg?
People who live in Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back