No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said 16k, there's no way that's 16k.
I've been at games with that many, and the stands were far more full.
The shots I saw also showed noone in standing room, so I just don't know how it was that high
That is insane there's no way that was 16k! 10k max and that's being generous, if I was to guess that was about 6k. I stand by what I said aswell about putting fake applause over the loud speaker to make the crowd sound louder after the final siren aswell.

Essendon are actually a 10-14 side, even when they were top 4 on ladder. They have barely played teams in the 8 and barely won against any of them. I think 1 win v GWS and the rest lost. They have built a side on recruiting B-C grade mediocre players from other clubs during trade season and have not really developed anyone, despite having lots of top 10 picks in their ranks. They are treading water.

Essendon are actually a 10-14 side, even when they were top 4 on ladder. They have barely played teams in the 8 and barely won against any of them. I think 1 win v GWS and the rest lost. They have built a side on recruiting B-C grade mediocre players from other clubs during trade season and have not really developed anyone, despite having lots of top 10 picks in their ranks. They are treading water.
It's a good point on the drafting:

• Reid, can't get on the park
  • Perkins was sub, and regressing (except against us)
  • Cox looks plain soft
  • Hobbs VFL
  • Tsatas VFL

And you know what is exactly going to happen next off-season.

They will attract 3 more "stars" from other clubs (I have no idea how they attract anyone), they'll get pumped up all preseason and then the same thing will happen.

The new Kevin Sheedy scarf wave

I hate the scum, but I find that extremely disgusting. I bet the flogs yelling at the team have never played sport at a decent level. Appalling behaviour and I hope I never see this type of vision from our supporters!

Hawthorn won the AFL Blind Competition, winning back to back Premierships.
Hawks 11.21.87
Port Melbourne 10.12.72
I know one of the blind players, they would have been walking off saying "bloody hell, it's like we couldn't see the goals!"

They are all a very fun and funny bunch, and so happy they won it

Nah, it's all the coaches fault. Dodoro is the best list manager in the league, just needs another 20 years to continue showing the league just how good he is.

Sent from my CPH2343 using Tapatalk

When they were second in round 11, my spreadsheet had them ranked 11th in the comp. Looking accurate.

And you know what is exactly going to happen next off-season.

They will attract 3 more "stars" from other clubs (I have no idea how they attract anyone), they'll get pumped up all preseason and then the same thing will happen.
and also the early articles about Stringer flying on the training track before getting injured/putting the cue in the rack after 4 rounds

I hate the scum, but I find that extremely disgusting. I bet the flogs yelling at the team have never played sport at a decent level. Appalling behaviour and I hope I never see this type of vision from our supporters!

Richmond supporters still top him, with dumping a truckload of chicken manure at Richmond HQ. Still appalling though.

For the most part, I think our supporter base is more mature than to act like a thug to our own players. The most vocal I can remember us being at the club is at the merger meeting.

It's a good point on the drafting:

• Reid, can't get on the park
  • Perkins was sub, and regressing (except against us)
  • Cox looks plain soft
  • Hobbs VFL
  • Tsatas VFL
Drafting or development? I think more the latter. Most of those players were pretty highly rated in draft years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is insane there's no way that was 16k! 10k max and that's being generous, if I was to guess that was about 6k. I stand by what I said aswell about putting fake applause over the loud speaker to make the crowd sound louder after the final siren aswell.
definitely > 85% empty

If Richmond continue to be this demoralised and we need a big percentage boost in round 23, then we may be looking at a criminal score run up. This is one of the lowest effort games I can remember watching and still managing to stay awake.
Honestly they have been so weak, Naicos must be thinking, "this must be what it feels like to be tackled by me."

Hawthorn won the AFL Blind Competition, winning back to back Premierships.
Hawks 11.21.87
Port Melbourne 10.12.72
...So you're saying we are now going for multiple silverware this year with the potential to win the Blind/VFL/AFL all in the one year?

I know people do the whole "I paid my money so I can do what I like at the footy" thing - but this is really awful. I would hope I supporters would NEVER do anything like this (sometimes reading these boards I'm not so sure) but really - if you can't pull your head in and face disappointing moments with a shred of composure then you really are just a child masquerading as an adult. This is pitiful

To say Richmond has bottomed out in record pace, is putting it lightly

This Collingwood side are not world beaters, but Richmond are putrid. They will have a goal diff of less than 60 by seasons-end at this rate.

EDIT: Can we try and steal Balta or Gibcus pls?

Wow. It looks like Sydney have really come off the boil. We’re going to have a very hard road into the eight.

But, adversity builds character. And we’ve got a team full of characters. So, why not? You can do it boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back