No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Suppose it comes down to how badly dogs want him gone and whether they are brave enough to forgo the offer and make him pay - would love someone like Clarko to go **** him, we will take him

Suppose it comes down to how badly dogs want him gone and whether they are brave enough to forgo the offer and make him pay - would love someone like Clarko to go **** him, we will take him

He'd be a far better recruit than Luke Parker.

Should be st Kilda. They want mids, they have cap space.

We may not like Geelong, but they deserve some credit for the latest move of getting Clayton Oliver to declare he would take a pay-cut to play for Geelong.

First, it fractures his relationship with Melbourne and makes it almost untenable. Second, it potentially lowers his trade value. Third, it means that no eyebrows will be raised when Oliver is "officially" paid only 60% of what he would earn at Melbourne.

Of course, it's fine for Oliver, because he knows the missing millions will be paid in "exclusive" land packages, and builders who "forget" to charge for labor, and big Cotton-On vouchers for the extended family.

Geelong do have a way of getting what they want without paying for it.

We may not like Geelong, but they deserve some credit for the latest move of getting Clayton Oliver to declare he would take a pay-cut to play for Geelong.

First, it fractures his relationship with Melbourne and makes it almost untenable. Second, it potentially lowers his trade value. Third, it means that no eyebrows will be raised when Oliver is "officially" paid only 60% of what he would earn at Melbourne.

Of course, it's fine for Oliver, because he knows the missing millions will be paid in "exclusive" land packages, and builders who "forget" to charge for labor, and big Cotton-On vouchers for the extended family.

Geelong do have a way of getting what they want without paying for it.
If Oliver’s going nuclear then why don’t Melbourne just hold him for another year? Try and get his market value up.

Jay Clark's Geelong bias around the Smith deal has been absolutely sickening this off-season.

"Clubs saying privately there is no way they could take Bailey Smith in the draft without talking to him first."

The above makes sense.

However, clubs will have all the time in the world to talk to Smith between the end of the trade period and the draft itself.

So, how exactly does Geelong hold the whip hand, Jay???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Clubs saying privately there is no way they could take Bailey Smith in the draft without talking to him first."

The above makes sense.

However, clubs will have all the time in the world to talk to Smith between the end of the trade period and the draft itself.

So, how exactly does Geelong hold the whip hand, Jay???

Bailey can choose not to speak to anyone

This is what shits me about the media. There are definitely biases Cal Twomey and his Bombers bias
It's not worth listening too.
I got 90 secs of Jenkins at the start of the week ....telling the dogs supporters they better expect to not got much for Smith ......followed by telling Dee's supporters they can't expect much for Oliver .
I wonder why he thinks and is pushing that 😆

It's not worth listening too.
I got 90 secs of Jenkins at the start of the week ....telling the dogs supporters they better expect to not got much for Smith ......followed by telling Dee's supporters they can't expect much for Oliver .
I wonder why he thinks and is pushing that 😆
I hate the fact that free agency contracts can't be re-negotiated but if someone signs a 7 year deal worth squillions shortly before being able to exercise their free agency rights you can apparently do whatever you want with it. That's the most frustrating thing about the Oliver to Geelong stuff, they don't have to take on the contract at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back