General GF questions- NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD PLS (use stickied)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this is an open thread on bigfooty and everyone has a right to be anxious about this terrible system, but I'm really getting irritated.

I can appreciate priority 1 and 2 members are nervous too but questions like where will my seats be, the money hasn't been withdrawn etc is getting under my skin. You guys are guaranteed, relax.

Us priority 3 members are here in limbo so spare a thought for that.

On a side note it's an absolute joke a 18 game home and away membership is the same priority as a free VU 3 game membership...

On a side note it's an absolute joke a 18 game home and away membership is the same priority as a free VU 3 game membership

fundamentally this is wrong. You should have a min 11 home game membership to qualify for P3

I can only see Sydney members ballot on ticketek, when does ours show up?

I already have my tickets but would like to know for my parents tickets.

Hey guys! Congrats on making the GF! Was pumped for all doggies watching those scenes on sat night.
Just wanted to give my take on GF tickets.
I have been fortunate enough to see all 5 Hawks appearances in recent times, and I can tell you, it is an experience like no other. In 2008 I didn't get a ballot ticket, so I paid half a months wages to be there. And did it again in 2012 when we lost. And didn't care about the money. I guess what I'm saying is if you need to pay $1000 to sit on the roof, if you can get the cash together, don't even think twice.
And if you get a seat, whether it be front row wing or back row restricted view, take it! There is no choosing on these tickets. Being there is all you want. The experience of being there, the build up pre game outside the ground. Everything. It is worth every dollar just being there on a day when your team competes.

And just a side note, the noise the doggies fans made after the win vs hawthorn was the loudest I have EVER heard the G. Including grand finals, prelim vs cats 2013. It was mental. And I hope it's the same gf day.

Good luck with tickets, and good luck Saturday!! It will be worth the wait, I guarantee it!

It's a bloody disgrace that so many passionate bulldogs supporters will miss out on going to the GF just so that the corporate neutrals can go.
The media need to make much more noise imo. I get money talks and this is easy money for the afl. But in this day and age with the amount of tv money and sponsorship they dont need it. And no doubt they already make extra from channel 7 for having exclusive live coverage blocking out foxtel. And im sure the ordinary fan would happily have prices go up a reasonable amount to ensure more members are guranteed a seat.

This is a bit off-track but does anyone know if they're going to put up a big screen or something at Whitten Oval to screen the match? Don't think I'll be able to get a ticket to the match, but the chance to watch it with other doggies supporters at the home of the of the Bulldogs would be amazing.
I'm fairly sure they are, speaking with my brother last night he reckons whitten oval is closing at 6:30pm though, which is a bit strange.

Thought a potential after party there would be mandatory...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fairly sure they are, speaking with my brother last night he reckons whitten oval is closing at 6pm though, which is a bit strange.

Thought a potential after party there would be mandatory...

After party is at the MCG.

ANYONE can go to the G for the presentation of the players on the ground at 7pm.

The media need to make much more noise imo. I get money talks and this is easy money for the afl. But in this day and age with the amount of tv money and sponsorship they dont need it. And no doubt they already make extra from channel 7 for having exclusive live coverage blocking out foxtel. And im sure the ordinary fan would happily have prices go up a reasonable amount to ensure more members are guranteed a seat.

Rohan Connolly wrote a good article yesterday about.

keep hearing priority 2 is guaranteed but i thought if you choose seat only you are not guaranteed. True or not? Suspense is killing me.

True

If you are P2 and your number comes up and there are no seats left, if you did not check the standing room box you go into the P3 draw

This is a bit off-track but does anyone know if they're going to put up a big screen or something at Whitten Oval to screen the match? Don't think I'll be able to get a ticket to the match, but the chance to watch it with other doggies supporters at the home of the of the Bulldogs would be amazing.
Have been thinking the same thing. Free for members, charge $10 for non-members to recoup the screen hire costs.

Depending on the weather, I'd imagine the club would get at least 10,000 odd people there.

Remove this Banner Ad

General GF questions- NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD PLS (use stickied)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back