Memberships Finals Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

One question purely out of interests. What is the deal with the game selling out so quickly? In past years a Dogs Vs Hawks final would usually get around 80k and tickets are usually on sale well into the week.

Is it because we won a premiership (relatively) recently and we are no longer the laughing stock on the competition?
A few factors I reckon ...

• post Covid there's been a surge in attendances and sellouts are now becoming the norm across the season and in finals, every MCG game in last year's finals series were sold out, none under 92K
  • two teams playing attractive footy and the best two teams form-wise
  • no other Melb finals that weekend (and one of only three - this, the Cats semi/prelim, and the GF)

One question purely out of interests. What is the deal with the game selling out so quickly? In past years a Dogs Vs Hawks final would usually get around 80k and tickets are usually on sale well into the week.

Is it because we won a premiership (relatively) recently and we are no longer the laughing stock on the competition?

Two in form teams who play exciting footy. Both sets of supporters starved of finals games.
Also as the only Melbourne final it would be the finals series ticket match, so there’s more seats gone.

How about we put a letter together to send to the club about our concerns and suggestions for a better system and organise by pm names to put to it with comments on level of membership [or anonymous if you wish].
As well as the database issues there is the issue of $1 and 3 game membership and guests getting same opportunity as full members. Anything else and do you think this is worth doing to try and improve things?
Anybody?

:$

On top of everyone else's posts, blockbuster MCG matches have just massively increased in attendance generally in the last two years. Far more 60/70/80+k crowds in the Home and Away season than historically.

Something doesn't quite add up here, the wife and I are Interstate, Social Club members, and she had barcode issues. But she also had tickets bought by 10.10, roughly....

It was only reserve seat holders who were affected by the barcode issue, confirmed by the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It was only reserve seat holders who were affected by the barcode issue, confirmed by the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's what doesn't add up, we're DEFINITELY NOT reserve seat holders as interstate members, but the Mrs still had "invalid Barcode" issues very early doors. Resolved quickly though. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks T22, but I found this page yesterday, but it's largely useless for the issues we've experienced.

Once you choose 'General enquiry' as what you are asking about, the other mandatory fields 'what is your enquiry about' and 'what is the nature of your enquiry etc' limit the options issues with ticket delivery AFTER purchase.

There is no complaint option, so submitting this form with the limited options goes into a big bucket at Ticketek HQ, and likely deleted.

I've had responses already. They don't give a shite but I don't care.
I'm just going to keep wasting their time. Makes me feel a bit better anyway.

Hey doggies, just a bit of a warning
Usually pretty okay with picking up on scams but this one got me, they say they can Ticketek transfer you FIRST, and they do, then once you pay they call ticketek and say "I've lost my ticket can you reset the barcode" etc etc

Hey doggies, just a bit of a warning
Usually pretty okay with picking up on scams but this one got me, they say they can Ticketek transfer you FIRST, and they do, then once you pay they call ticketek and say "I've lost my ticket can you reset the barcode" etc etc
That's the risk you take.

I reckon their terms and conditions would suggest you are not allowed to resell your ticket unless it's through a reputed source.

I've trusted people in the past and haven't had an issue but it's the risk you take.

I have 8x tickets for Friday. Six of us are going so I have two spare. I've been in contact with another poster about selling those two tickets and I have recommended the two buyers meet me outside the gate and I'll happily scan them in direct from barcodes linked to my ticketek account where we will all enter the stadium together.

I know my situation is unique to yours but it eliminates risk.

Hey everyone.

I have a ticket I'm willing to sell for the match this Friday. The ticket is in the MCC section, the seat itself isn't great (it's level 4 basically at the back). However, you can use the ticket to go to the Standing area at level 1 for a better view. If you're interested, send me a direct message and I'll be happy to go over the details with you.

Just as a FYI I'm not selling the ticket for profit, I'm just looking to get back the money I paid for it.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the risk you take.

I reckon their terms and conditions would suggest you are not allowed to resell your ticket unless it's through a reputed source.

I've trusted people in the past and haven't had an issue but it's the risk you take.

I have 8x tickets for Friday. Six of us are going so I have two spare. I've been in contact with another poster about selling those two tickets and I have recommended the two buyers meet me outside the gate and I'll happily scan them in direct from barcodes linked to my ticketek account where we will all enter the stadium together.

I know my situation is unique to yours but it eliminates risk.
pretty keen on the two tickets if avaliable mate

Lads, I have two tickets from my final series for Friday Night. I can no longer go; I have a 40th.

Level 2/Olympic Stand/ N56.

PM me if you are interested and a fair offer. I am happy to do anything you want to verify them being authentic, etc.

If anyone is after two tickets, I may be able to help.
Hi. yes definitely interested. if gone all good i understand.

if anyone else gets this mesg.i aminterested in minimum 2 tickets max 5 if possible. happy to sit anywhereeven level 3 and 4. plz feel free to private mag me also. located in melbourne

For Friday's game at the MCG I have two (2) General Admission Tickets in MCC Reserve that mates cannot use. Just after the Ticket Price plus booking fee so someone gets to use them.

First in gets them.

For Friday's game at the MCG I have two (2) General Admission Tickets in MCC Reserve that mates cannot use. Just after the Ticket Price plus booking fee so someone gets to use them.

First in gets them.
hey mate really keen if avaliable

Lads, I have two tickets from my final series for Friday Night. I can no longer go; I have a 40th.

Level 2/Olympic Stand/ N56.

PM me if you are interested and a fair offer. I am happy to do anything you want to verify them being authentic, etc.
assuming these are gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Memberships Finals Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back