General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Comment habits I hate;

"They should get a Goddard, a Watson, etc. down there"
"You need your Abletts, your Bennells, your Campbell Browns"
"Guys like a Bartel, a .....you get the picture"
"Masten, Shuey, S.Selwood, those sort of guys/these sorts of guys"

None of these phrases make any real grammatical sense, its very lazy and increasing more and more over the last 1-2 years. It's so unspecific and mindless. I think its shameful to have this sort of phrasing on national TV, even Bruce would never sink that low.

Comment habits I hate;

"They should get a Goddard, a Watson, etc. down there"
"You need your Abletts, your Bennells, your Campbell Browns"
"Guys like a Bartel, a .....you get the picture"
"Masten, Shuey, S.Selwood, those sort of guys/these sorts of guys"

None of these phrases make any real grammatical sense, its very lazy and increasing more and more over the last 1-2 years. It's so unspecific and mindless. I think its shameful to have this sort of phrasing on national TV, even Bruce would never sink that low.

You can thank Gary Ayres for that.

This may well be the stupidest headline of all time:
7766_10151420495326417_583447716_n.jpg

'Isn't playing, but wouldn't it be exciting if he was?' :rolleyes:

This may well be the stupidest headline of all time:
7766_10151420495326417_583447716_n.jpg

'Isn't playing, but wouldn't it be exciting if he was?' :rolleyes:

Has Kurt Tippett aged dramatically or something?

(Rhetorical Question.)

Brian Taylor's rubbish negative commentary. :thumbsdown:

"Spot on Darce/Derm/Shawy/Johnno/Lingy/BT/Richo/Gerard/Baz/<insert every other commentator here>"

Amazing that literally every comment uttered in a commentary box is unanimously agreed upon as being 100% accurate, or in the prevailing vernacular, "spot on".

Anything to do with Basil Zempilas.
I don't like any of his comments, he has an extremely annoying voice and he is tough to look at (harsh but meh). In addition to all of that he makes the lamest jokes, which provoke terribly awkward reactions from his co-commentators.
I have no idea how he has made his way into professional commentary. The night I was driving along and heard him being introduced on Triple M was a very sad night.

When channel seven display the teams, why do they group them into three categories?

It looks stupid having 2-3 defenders, 15-16 midfielders and then another 2-3 forwards.

What's wrong with the traditional:

DEF-DEF-DEF
DEF-DEF-DEF
MID-MID-MID
FWD-FWD-FWD
FWD-FWD-FWD
FOL-FOL-FOL
INT-INT-INT-SUB

When channel seven display the teams, why do they group them into three categories?

It looks stupid having 2-3 defenders, 15-16 midfielders and then another 2-3 forwards.

What's wrong with the traditional:

DEF-DEF-DEF
DEF-DEF-DEF
MID-MID-MID
FWD-FWD-FWD
FWD-FWD-FWD
FOL-FOL-FOL
INT-INT-INT-SUB

It's totally irrelevant to the way modern football is played? I wouldn't watch channel 7 if you paid me but I've been wondering for a while when the teams would start coming out in a def/mid/fwd type format. Good on them for trying something different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 19 on Ch7 in Melbourne :thumbsdown: - Giants v Demons broadcast instead of Hawks-Tiges. Also the final Showdown at Footy Park should not have been scheduled at a similar time as Collingwood-Essendon. Wouldn't mind watching both matches. At least Carlton-Freo is on FTA.

inb4getfoxtel

Remove this Banner Ad

General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back