Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

If Trac set fire to the club, literally, by burning down Casey Fields it could fast track the Caufield move.
Plonking Goodwin in the middle of a racecourse could fast track the get new coach project

At this point we are basically just waiting for goody to get photoed doing lines with Ginnivan in a bathroom aren't we
Hadn’t come up with that one so far. But it does somehow feel like the beginning of oppressive weather which you just know is going to explode in a mighty storm

Hadn’t come up with that one so far. But it does somehow feel like the beginning of oppressive weather which you just know is going to explode in a mighty storm
Badloss has been very quiet these past few weeks, hasn't he?

Hopefully with this storm, he is out as well as Pert, Lamb and Richo. Get some competent people in the club.

I want to see change but I'm not 100% that Goodwin is the problem or needs to go. He seems* to have a great relationship with the players who seem to love him (I say seems because I'm only going on public info/perception I have no inside info), yeah he is too rigid in his gameplan but that's where I think getting some new assistants around him can help freshen him up and keep him evolving. He's a decent strategic coach but not a great tactical coach I think.

This year was bad but we did still win 10 games, we have had a good run the last few years (straight sets exits not withstanding). I think he's earnt the right to see how he'll bounce back in 2025, if we are looking shaky mid year he will rightfully be under the pump.

Hard disagree.

On player relationships - this isn't relevant. It isn't like the players try harder because he is the coach (the season just gone we've had multiple games where we just gave up).

On the gameplan - he's had a few different assistants around him since 2021 and we've only gotten worse in this area. The head coach has the final say, we ultimately play the way he wants us to play

On the post flag seasons - the results we had were very overrated. 22-23 we went 2/8 against the top 4 each year and didn't win a final, we made top 4 both years due to easier fixtures but were never actual contenders.

This isn't even mentioning the problematic culture that has grown under him or the allegations against Goody himself for drug use. This guy is a huge problem and the longer we have him leading the club the bigger hole we are digging for ourselves.

Happened quicker than expected, and not yet the level of explosive mess that I am predicting over the off season, but Glen Bartlett is now suing Brad Green, all of the directors and probably Jessica as well.

Tops!

I am so sick of this club. What about this for a left field solution. Bring back Bartlett as president? Presumably the law suite will go away and a big broom will be swept through the club. No doubt it is probably a dumb suggestion and will be ridiculed but I am just sick of them. The way we are going I reckon we are on track to falling back into the post Daniher days😢

Hard disagree.

On player relationships - this isn't relevant. It isn't like the players try harder because he is the coach (the season just gone we've had multiple games where we just gave up).

On the gameplan - he's had a few different assistants around him since 2021 and we've only gotten worse in this area. The head coach has the final say, we ultimately play the way he wants us to play

On the post flag seasons - the results we had were very overrated. 22-23 we went 2/8 against the top 4 each year and didn't win a final, we made top 4 both years due to easier fixtures but were never actual contenders.

This isn't even mentioning the problematic culture that has grown under him or the allegations against Goody himself for drug use. This guy is a huge problem and the longer we have him leading the club the bigger hole we are digging for ourselves.
His relationship with the players is extremely relevant when you're talking about the culture/environment. If you have a psycho like Neeld at the helm it's not gonna go well, man management is a huge part of being a coach these days.

He's had largely the same group of assistants the last few years, Chaplin, Stafford, Williams, Yze til last year replaced by McQualter. Not sure where you're getting this idea about high turnover of assistants in recent years.

Tend to agree on our performance in 22/23, we underachieved but we're still a very consistent side.

The allegations around Goodwin may have some merit to them and if they do it's a massive issue but they are only allegations, nothing concrete has come from this to date (hopefully he wasn't in Joel Smith's message group 😂)

I'm not a "Goodwin backer", I'm on the fence with him to be honest. I can see both sides of the argument, for me it comes down to his stubbornness to change things up and the cultural issues as the two main concerns. He's not getting sacked this offseason but if we have a rocky start next year he'll be well and truly under the pump. Last time I thought that we went on to win the flag so hopefully hes the kind of person that performs best under pressure though I'm not holding my breath.

I am so sick of this club. What about this for a left field solution. Bring back Bartlett as president? Presumably the law suite will go away and a big broom will be swept through the club. No doubt it is probably a dumb suggestion and will be ridiculed but I am just sick of them. The way we are going I reckon we are on track to falling back into the post Daniher days😢
Bartlett's just as big an egomaniac as Roffey.

Bartlett's just as big an egomaniac as Roffey.
I’ve only heard bits and pieces, but I think a fair bit went down on both sides. The whole thing should have been handled better but I believe that GB wasn’t too stable. Seems believable since he doesn’t appear to be travelling too well even now

I’ve only heard bits and pieces, but I think a fair bit went down on both sides. The whole thing should have been handled better but I believe that GB wasn’t too stable. Seems believable since he doesn’t appear to be travelling too well even now
Reckon our current board and CEO are shit but they were his board and CEO before they were Roffey's and Green's so what does that tell you?

I mean adding Green to his defamation lawsuit the moment he became president is pretty telling. It all feels like a gross misuse of the legal system tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon our current board and CEO are shit but they were his board and CEO before they were Roffey's and Green's so what does that tell you?

I mean adding Green to his defamation lawsuit the moment he became president is pretty telling. It all feels like a gross misuse of the legal system tbh.
Feels like there is a lot of anger being worked out here on other people’s time. What pisses me off is that they all seem to have forgotten that the club is the members. Not the egos of a handful who want something to play with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back