Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgive my cynicism, but there is not a lot of new information there, and the timing for a release like this raises my eyebrow.
There have been ITK's on DL saying this was coming for a few weeks although they were basically saying the Caufield base 'is happening' which is a fair bit of mayo off today's announcement.

There have been ITK's on DL saying this was coming for a few weeks although they were basically saying the Caufield base 'is happening' which is a fair bit of mayo off today's announcement.
Todays ‘announcement’ seems to be just a couple of new renders and I landing page on the website for FAQs.

Feels like Pert going, ‘alright we need to get some comms out about our drive for a new facility before this review starts!’

Again, forgive my cynicism on this one. It will be great if they can get this up, ensuring it is a high end facility.

Todays ‘announcement’ seems to be just a couple of new renders and I landing page on the website for FAQs.

Feels like Pert going, ‘alright we need to get some comms out about our drive for a new facility before this review starts!’

Again, forgive my cynicism on this one. It will be great if they can get this up, ensuring it is a high end facility.
The announcement is that one step of the process is complete and another has begun. It's a milestone. I agree it's underwhelming but the process is what it is.

Anything is possible when you ✨️lie✨

View attachment 2113978
"The Demons finally have a completed feasibility study and some artist renders before doing an actual business case about a possible home base in Caufield" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I know it's something but caufield just seems like an awful location, too far south of the city and it what way is that an area for Melbourne to grow? We're further south then Stkilda
I mean Hawks are moving to an old tip in Dingley, Saints moved to Seaford and it was such a disaster they had to go back to Moorabbin. Wouldn't be concerned about growth with the homebase, location is important for players and Eastern suburbs are where players will be purchasing their houses. Until we get out of Casey it's going to hang over the club since players despise going there.

The dream of an inner city suburban home is dead.

if the business case falls through Demonland will implode
I'm curious about the business case. Who is it being pitched to? I assume it's about unlocking funding for the project but I suspect we will need to source the cash from a few different groups and put up a significant amount ourselves. The mid 2025 timeline makes me think we're hoping for something from the budget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean Hawks are moving to an old tip in Dingley, Saints moved to Seaford and it was such a disaster they had to go back to Moorabbin. Wouldn't be concerned about growth with the homebase, location is important for players and Eastern suburbs are where players will be purchasing their houses. Until we get out of Casey it's going to hang over the club since players despise going there.

The dream of an inner city suburban home is dead.
Caulfield is gold in regards to location. Won't get better. Still hearing from locals that this is unlikely to get up though and how much government assistance will there be? Can't see the broke state government giving this much cash, and if they did it could be held up for years. But an ideal location for club and players. 15mins from the city. Great spot.

Caulfield is gold in regards to location. Won't get better. Still hearing from locals that this is unlikely to get up though and how much government assistance will there be? Can't see the broke state government giving this much cash, and if they did it could be held up for years. But an ideal location for club and players. 15mins from the city. Great spot.
Yeah the money is the big question. It's going to cost probably $50-100 million, We'll have to put up at least a quarter of that ourselves. You'd hope we have some kind of assurance that getting that sort of cash is even possible. I'm not sure whether that was a part of the feasibility study or not.

Just need to hear 'environment' for the trifecta
Just happened!

Excited Season 7 GIF by The Office

Yeah the money is the big question. It's going to cost probably $50-100 million, We'll have to put up at least a quarter of that ourselves. You'd hope we have some kind of assurance that getting that sort of cash is even possible. I'm not sure whether that was a part of the feasibility study or not.
$120 million, we need to stump up $25 million.

The upside is that apparently as part of it we can make money back renting out the available spaces.

$120 million, we need to stump up $25 million.

The upside is that apparently as part of it we can make money back renting out the available spaces.
Sounds like that's the business case we need to make. Cautiously optimistic about all this but I do get the sense that even if it gets up we won't be training there until 2030.

Maybe Oliver can give back some of his pay check to help fund it?

My worry is the government. They'll obviously be putting in a fair whack. I know they've stalled or delayed a lot of school projects they've committed money too. The concern is even if it gets green lit, that it will be grossly delayed. So yeah, 2030 and beyond is likely. But the area and plans look pretty good.

Also among other things, is it just me? Or does this advertising feel off just to get people through the door of the best and fairest?

Money is so tight at State level - I really don't see it happening unless someone at the club has pulled off a huge coup with some decent connections or back scratching.
Year after ahead of the election seems more likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Back