Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Liking your own posts on facebook will never not be cringe, even if it a 'community' page

Haven't been on FB for a while. Not really missing it.

Also among other things, is it just me? Or does this advertising feel off just to get people through the door of the best and fairest?

You mean that they are trotting the guy out for PR reasons?

Yes it does feel a bit wrong

He should refuse after Roffey and Pert doubled down on his injury and retirement as the main reason for the clubs current misfortunes.

Feels like Green has done more in 2 weeks than Roffey did in 4 years.

• Finished feasibility report
  • Engaged Brayshaw to attend BnF
  • Got Trac to do an interview
  • Got us out of the media
Sure but I’m not really convinced he did those things.

Nothing against Green though. Liked him very much as a player and was deeply ashamed of the club when that dickhead Neeld put the captain in the subs vest.

****in' pumped about Caulfield! PUMPED!!!!! GO DEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOOK AT THEM GO!!!!!
Onya Toump. We are the same. I’m so excited I could burst right now!!!

Feels like Green has done more in 2 weeks than Roffey did in 4 years.

• Finished feasibility report
  • Engaged Brayshaw to attend BnF
  • Got Trac to do an interview
  • Got us out of the media
He tried to assassinate trump, single handedly built a soap box derby racer and interrupted a Taylor swift concert to say beyonce was better aswell. What a guy!

The announcement is that one step of the process is complete and another has begun. It's a milestone. I agree it's underwhelming but the process is what it is.
Isn’t the feaso phase just an internal part of the process though? Presumably something the board ticks off before they go spending any significant consultancy fees whilst building the business case?

Isn’t the feaso phase just an internal part of the process though? Presumably something the board ticks off before they go spending any significant consultancy fees whilst building the business case?
I think the feasibility report was a requirement of the MRC and potentially the council. There was also an emphasis on gaining local support i.e. Turining NIMBYs into YIMBYs

There's a PDF on the caufield commons website you can read about it: https://caulfieldcommons.com.au/melbourne-football-club-feasibility-study-project-update/

You can see that progressing to a business case is listed as one of the outcomes of the study.

The business case is more about pursuing the funding.

I get why they felt the need to provide this update since going another year with no info would have everyone asking questions as to where the project is at.

I think the transparency is for the most part a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea how or why he would know but claims it won't be happening.

Pretty nothing rumour. It's not the great step forward the club claim, and agree the timeline would very easily get pushed back, but there's no reason given for why it won't happen. Would be easy enough to make something plausible up (nimbys, money) and not gonna be pulled up on it for years.

Pretty nothing rumour. It's not the great step forward the club claim, and agree the timeline would very easily get pushed back, but there's no reason given for why it won't happen. Would be easy enough to make something plausible up (nimbys, money) and not gonna be pulled up on it for years.

Yeah listened to it myself and say 'its a long way away' isn't really going out on a limb, and even if it does go ahead it is at least five years away.

Yeah listened to it myself and say 'its a long way away' isn't really going out on a limb, and even if it does go ahead it is at least five years away.
Agree.

I literally thought it was a nothing story. If we are to get a home base ever, 2030 is the optimistic outlook. I don’t like my club at all, but releasing some detail about the work they are doing isn’t a big deal. Basically they said it’s not in the bag and there is a long way to go and it might not come to anything. No shit Sherlock. Everyone other than some special pockets of Demonland knew that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Back