Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to MMM and if this doesn't sum us up perfectly
Mcqualter saying he learnt how to attack and set up the field at Richmond, then he was asked about Melbourne and he said one word, defence.

Yay Melbourne

The review finds Kate Roffey, Greg Stafford and Andrew McQualter were cancer. Luckily we have a strong board and CEO who were already aware of this months ago and moved them on.

Did anyone watch Gawns speech at the GF? Really cringe bit where he started going on about the 2021 flag and the journey to get there, then said we'd be back up there in 2025 or 2026.

We've all acknowledged max gets left out to dry as a face for the club because they're too scared goody might faint again, but his blind optimism is frustrating sometimes. Can't help but feel the club doesn't get it even after this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone watch Gawns speech at the GF? Really cringe bit where he started going on about the 2021 flag and the journey to get there, then said we'd be back up there in 2025 or 2026.

We've all acknowledged max gets left out to dry as a face for the club because they're too scared goody might faint again, but his blind optimism is frustrating sometimes. Can't help but feel the club doesn't get it even after this year.
Tbh if our captain is rocking up to the BnF saying that we're shit and gonna get smashed next year I think we're stuffed as a club.

Had no issue with Gawn's speech, I don't necessarily believe it but I hope he does.

Tbh if our captain is rocking up to the BnF saying that we're shit and gonna get smashed next year I think we're stuffed as a club.

Had no issue with Gawn's speech, I don't necessarily believe it but I hope he does.
Nah, he can say we've got work to do to be considered a top club again, not talk about how jealous everyone else is and pretending how great we are.

Nah, he can say we've got work to do to be considered a top club again, not talk about how jealous everyone else is and pretending how great we are.
Yeah he didn't say that. He said we had a crap year and we've had crap years before and it hasn't held us back.

It was completely fine.

Or cry like Maysie did 2 years ago.

Yeah he didn't say that. He said we had a crap year and we've had crap years before and it hasn't held us back.

It was completely fine.
I mean yeah this year was a horrible year, but it was on the back of two disappointing years previous to that. Therein lies the frustration.

I mean yeah this year was a horrible year, but it was on the back of two disappointing years previous to that. Therein lies the frustration.
Which he also acknowledged.

It's ****ing embarrassing that he mentions 2021 like it's relevant at all now.
Richmond can come back because they won in 2020
Well embarrassment is a reoccurring commodity in the AFL these days, Gawn is just a symptom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Back