Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Complete liability, was so happy when we finally showed him the door. Built like Tarzan, plays like Forrest Gump.
Hmm... dunno, I was fairly mixed about Frost. His kicking out of defence was heart attack inducing stuff but he actually did have some decent traits. Great speed his size and was a pretty good tackler.

Omac, on the other hand, had zero speed and zero mongrel. I can remember Hawkins made him look like a poor man's Tom Gillies in the game where they beat us after the siren back in 2018.

I mean, it did win him a flag so he did something right. Needs to correct and get the balance right because we have played more defensive since the flag but you can't fault him for abandoning the 2018 game plan that saw us embarrassed in the Prelim and torn apart by Richmond and Collingwood through the year too. The 6-6-6 intro hurt his innovation as well because in 2018 he had players coming off the back of the square more and using the wings differently (Hogan/TMac rotating wing/forward).

This post is mental, we haven't been the best to watch over recent years but there's still been plenty of great wins. I'll take that any day over some of the dross years I've spent supporting this club and even over the Daniher years where we could crush shit teams but never really bother the good teams.
An yet more people here agree with my post than yours. Id love to hear about these plenty of great wins.

Complete liability, was so happy when we finally showed him the door. Built like Tarzan, plays like Forrest Gump.
Gump was a pretty good football player though.

Hmm... dunno, I was fairly mixed about Frost. His kicking out of defence was heart attack inducing stuff but he actually did have some decent traits. Great speed his size and was a pretty good tackler.

Omac, on the other hand, had zero speed and zero mongrel. I can remember Hawkins made him look like a poor man's Tom Gillies in the game where they beat us after the siren back in 2018.
Frost was Buddy kryptonite. Never got the hate from some supporters, sure he had some massive brain farts but he was far from our biggest problem. I think TMac made just as many of those same brain farts in defense in the first part of his career and everyone fapped over him, never understood the difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" Review, Largest M'ship Drop/Lowest Social Growth, 🎵Caul(field) Me Maybe 🎵

Remove this Banner Ad

Back