Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i'm going to start some rumours about how Reid hasn't settled into Perth, starting tomorrow night.
Getting Cousins' #9, so is already going off the rails. Should get him for a future fourth within a year or two. Have been told he wants to snap windscreen wipers with Clarry and hit the town with Joel Smith

Getting Cousins' #9, so is already going off the rails. Should get him for a future fourth within a year or two. Have been told he wants to snap windscreen wipers with Clarry and hit the town with Joel Smith
Yep, rack in Perth is just way too expensive and shyte. All those FIFOs driving the price up to 500~

Come get the good gear straight off the docks with Smithy!

why is that

No idea. Bunch of reasons it could be - Perhaps the relationship had just run it's course, perhaps Jag's budget got tightened, perhaps Hertz offered more...

More worried about getting the randomly placed club emblem off the jumper than which sponsors go where atm tbh.

Jaguar left coz the media team ****ed up the Jaguar Electrifying performance video against North earlier in the year. Didnt want to be associated with amateurs.
Was that the one second one? Genuinely gave me a good laugh. :zap:

That was the one, think it was supposed to be a highlight reel of Bowser going off the thumbnail
Actually has me giggling thinking about it. Really tickled me for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

General thoughts on the club at the moment:

Pert is a joke. That damage control stuff was beyond terrible.
Playing group seems to be a basketcase. Too much talk, not enough action. Arrogance that was earned but they've now lost those credits. They could go 23-0 next year and who would care until they win on the MCG in September.
The cliff is quickly approaching, personally I think it comes in 2024 but hopefully they have one more crack with Max and May. Losing Jackson and probably Petty is going to seriously hurt. Tall players who are good are tough to get, losing two of them in our window will probably be crippling and will handicap what can be achieved unless they make some big trade and free agency moves. Or seriously change the game style, no idea what they'll do when Max is done.
Not a fan of Goody. I think his defensive style is holding the team back. Doesn't help that they are a bunch of chokers but I wouldn't play for low scoring close matches in that case. Try and win a blow out so they can't choke.
Draft haul and trades seem okay but not game changing. Lots of list holes, probably would have preferred we traded into next years draft with all those second rounders since we didn't want to use them but whatever. Not worth losing sleep over.

General thoughts on the club at the moment:
Pert is a joke. That damage control stuff was beyond terrible.
Playing group seems to be a basketcase. Too much talk, not enough action. Arrogance that was earned but they've now lost those credits. They could go 23-0 next year and who would care until they win on the MCG in September.
The cliff is quickly approaching, personally I think it comes in 2024 but hopefully they have one more crack with Max and May. Losing Jackson and probably Petty is going to seriously hurt. Tall players who are good are tough to get, losing two of them in our window will probably be crippling and will handicap what can be achieved unless they make some big trade and free agency moves. Or seriously change the game style, no idea what they'll do when Max is done.
Not a fan of Goody. I think his defensive style is holding the team back. Doesn't help that they are a bunch of chokers but I wouldn't play for low scoring close matches in that case. Try and win a blow out so they can't choke.
Draft haul and trades seem okay but not game changing. Lots of list holes, probably would have preferred we traded into next years draft with all those second rounders since we didn't want to use them but whatever. Not worth losing sleep over.
Welcome to the board.

Agree with you 100% on Pert. All the the stuff he’s directly responsible for has been shithouse during his tenure. Dude gets by on being firmly entrenched in the AFL executive boys club.

Don’t even want to talk about Goody. For a guy who was a premiership coach 2 years ago, there’s absolutely no ****ing way he’d get a senior coach job at another club. Tells you everything you need to know.

I put a fairly large slice of our recent failures at the feet of Steven May. He’s the worst culprit of big-mouth figjam-itis in the whole joint. Will be a net positive when he ****s off for good.

I put a fairly large slice of our recent failures at the feet of Steven May. He’s the worst culprit of big-mouth figjam-itis in the whole joint. Will be a net positive when he *s off for good.
Lol what the actual **** 😂

Was probably the only bloke who actually showed up in finals

I also didn't mind what May said at the BnF.

Bit of trash talk of a rival at your own BnF - who cares.

May nearly won us that game against the Pies in the 2nd half. Nothing got past him.

Would have thought the fab 4 in the middle deserve a lot more criticism than May. They’ve all been below average in their last 4 finals. May was excellent in the finals last year from memory too.
Mays arguably our most important player. We showed we could play without Oliver and Gawn. May is our defence which is all our stupid style is based on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back