Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy was such a sad * he probably did. The lordnev of YouTube

Under every Collingwood premiership video

Melbourne won the 2023 premiership. Every fan worships at the alter of predicted scores. EVERY STATE IN AUSTRALIA LOVES PREDICTED SCORES. The premiership you just won means nothing outside Collingwood. Every person knows Melbourne won the qualifying final on predicted scores. Predicted scores is the number 1 metric and will be how premierships are decided before the end of this century, it will decide premierships in every country!!!

Under every Collingwood premiership video

Melbourne won the 2023 premiership. Every fan worships at the alter of predicted scores. EVERY STATE IN AUSTRALIA LOVES PREDICTED SCORES. The premiership you just won means nothing outside Collingwood. Every person knows Melbourne won the qualifying final on predicted scores. Predicted scores is the number 1 metric and will be how premierships are decided before the end of this century, it will decide premierships in every country!!!
Collingwood is also the right supporter base to take the bait and unload in the replies

Collingwood is also the right supporter base to take the bait and unload in the replies

They are a funny bunch. May ruined all their happiness for a good 2 weeks there. Onya Maysie!

Bluelegs is referring joking to this soccer guy that for a period posted on lots of AFL videos

idk if this is him as he changes his name and s**t, but this is the right time period and the right language he'd use
View attachment 1874698
It's the guy with the Manchester United pfp. They've been doing it for a decade nearly, and they're all numbered with "afb" or "cvm" or something like that.

I'm convinced it's a bot.
Very much hope he made the same comments on Fijian rugby and Chinese table tennis vids.
I've seen it on NRL videos.

00Stinger so picture this. Ed langdon is running down the wing without the ball closing in on an opponent. Closing , closing. He finally lunges towards him and has to ensure that he doesn't clip the back of his heels, ensure that he doesn't push him in the back, ensure he doesn't sling him into the turf, dump him into the turf. Ensure that his head doesn't hit the turf by rotating the player. But not holding him for too long and risk holding the man. Soft as hell. It's supposed to be a contact sport 😕

And even then, if he somehow performs the perfect tackle it may not even be awarded. And if so, Langdon can't even question it otherwise he runs the risk of umpire dissent...

00Stinger so picture this. Ed langdon is running down the wing without the ball closing in on an opponent. Closing , closing. He finally lunges towards him and has to ensure that he doesn't clip the back of his heels, ensure that he doesn't push him in the back, ensure he doesn't sling him into the turf, dump him into the turf. Ensure that his head doesn't hit the turf by rotating the player. But not holding him for too long and risk holding the man. Soft as hell. It's supposed to be a contact sport 😕

And even then, if he somehow performs the perfect tackle it may not even be awarded. And if so, Langdon can't even question it otherwise he runs the risk of umpire dissent...
so the first 2 have always been illegal (tripping & pushing a player in the back) so not sure why you even mention them

Slinging him into the turf or dumping him into the turf are pretty easy things to avoid.

The last point, can't really hold him for too long if he has correctly disposed of the ball has always been illegal too

The only one I will give you is if a tackle is applied correctly and his head hits the ground that I have an issue with

The thing is, even without the dissent rule. Remonstrating or arguing with the umpire isn't going to change anything

Half the players that play now wouldn't know what to do with a Goldspink type who could actually give it back. You also can't tell Carey 'to get a kick, what the **** are you whinging at me for?' with the mics on all the time these days

Also finally you're still allowed to query umpires. I'm not a fan of the dissent rule but some players get way too dramatic over the smallest frees or non frees. I mean just look out some of the way our list carry on instead of, ya know. Getting the ball themselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's just plain wrong, completely ignoring the Shephard which has died out of the game. Bump also was used as a way to move someone off the line of the ball before it's been gathered. Now blokes just stand around waiting to tackle the person

Absolutely made the game a way worse spectacle
Fair points. Have to agree.

Although I maintain there's still a select number of players who are skilled at the bump and can pull it off within the current interpretation of the rules.

The thing that shits me is when a player elects to drop low for no other reason than to fish for a free, cops one high, then their opponent gets suspended. Na, suspend the soft **** dropping at the knees for endangering their own health.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Memories (featuring a baby Max Gawn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back