Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh wow what a day!

I just got an email from ceo@melbournefc. It went like this

Hi [Gander]

Thank you for getting in touch with the Melbourne Football Club.

I’d firstly like to take a moment to acknowledge your frustrations. Please know that we hear these. There’s no doubt that recent months have made for some challenging moments, for our players, coaches, staff and members like yourself, and we understand the emotions that come with that.

As we approach the AFL Trade Period, we expect a significant amount of rumour and speculation in relation to player movement, and are evidently aware of commentary surrounding Christian Petracca. As we have previously said, both in a recent letter to members and in the media, Christian is an integral and valued part of the Melbourne family. He is a contracted player, and will be wearing the red and blue next season.

As a football club, all we want to do is get better. The 2024 AFL season wasn’t the one we had hoped for, and the focus is now on understanding what is required to move forward. There have been conversations with many of our leaders over recent weeks about our opportunities for growth. These conversations have been open and constructive, and we are committed to working together to find a path forward, to ensure we can be the best we can be in 2025.

We want to stress the importance of every single member whose heart beats true, so we thank you again for taking the time to reach out. We will need your support both now and into the future, [Gander] so we hope you can stick with us.

Regards,

Jessica
Thanks Kate. ;) (too slow on the second one for me Gander)

Lucky you, a copy and pasted PR response that is addressed from a random staff member.
And now you’ve just doxed me too after all the trouble I took with an edit!

Ah well. It’s been that kind of week

They are replying now only cause they are scared of the drop off in memberships and money. Had no time for anyone with the foresight to notify the club about these issues when they were brought up earlier in the year.

They are replying now only cause they are scared of the drop off in memberships and money. Had no time for anyone with the foresight to notify the club about these issues when they were brought up earlier in the year.
It’s probably been a long week at the office for Jessica…

‘Melbourne Football Club complaints department, please hold…. Melbourne Football Club complaints department, please hold… Melbourne Football Club complaints department, please hold….‘

‘Melbourne Football Club complaints department, please hold…. Melbourne Football Club complaints department, please hold… Melbourne Football Club complaints department, please hold….‘
Cutting and pasting that reply you got to 50 different emails per hour. Just have to change the names to that of each member in it to make it seem like they actually read what people are sending them and giving them a lengthy reply when they actually aren't.

Cutting and pasting that reply you got to 50 different emails per hour. Just have to change the names to that of each member in it to make it seem like they actually read what people are sending them and giving them a lengthy reply when they actually aren't.
Could probably setup an outlook rule to autoreply a few hours after receiving, shave hours of work off

#themelbournemindset

"Your call is important to us"

Is there any way to listen to the talkback callers people were referencing? The "Thursday Full Show" of Whateley has been released but I don't think it includes the callers.
They are immediately after the interview in the full show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably should've gotten rid of the Staff infection two years ago. We finally pull that switch, too slow and all too late like everything with the current administration.

Probably feel like they've made the necessary changes and can move on now and take a well earned rest. Would take them two years to put out a housefire.

Is there any way to listen to the talkback callers people were referencing? The "Thursday Full Show" of Whateley has been released but I don't think it includes the callers.
Have added the time in the full show (pinned post)

MFC in action
Paris Breaking GIF by NoireSTEMinist

MFC in action
I personally really liked Raygunn's performance.

Breaking is such a ****in' stupid-arse style of dancing anyway, like so what if she was doing kangaroo hops and stuff.
Amount of sooking and bitching about it was crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back