Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Again, not trying to persuade anyone because I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Lawrence yet, but here's the 'Yes' link from yesterday's email for those interested:

1000018011.jpg

But why 'Windso'?
Lol.

Someone asked that a while back. Apparently a typo when registering.

I like “Windso” because it sounds like it should have some meaning but it totally doesn’t.

Again, not trying to persuade anyone because I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Lawrence yet, but here's the 'Yes' link from yesterday's email for those interested:

View attachment 2095710
I think he might be a bit of a loon perhaps?

I did read the judgement and it’s not the great win Kate was making it out to be. Essentially Melbourne agreed terms for amending various rules throughout proceedings, which in turn made those arguments void because his issue was taken away. So actually, he won a bunch of the battles, but failed in his case that what remains is in breach of the corporations act.

It’s a pretty dry read but he does have a point. The whole election of directors thing does appear designed entirely to prevent those who haven’t essentially been hand-picked from a chance of making their case to the members who vote.

We may as well tear up the lot and not have a vote. That seems essentially the case as it stands anyway.

I'm still astounded by that interview.

Two weeks of reports that Petracca's main grievance with the club is that he felt abandoned after the injury.

Roffey: I don't know what Petracca's issues are because I haven't spoken to him.

Two weeks of reports that Petracca's main grievance with the club is that he felt abandoned after the injury.

Roffey: I don't know what Petracca's issues are because I haven't spoken to him.
I mean, she didnt even follow football til Bartlett invited her to join the board with the view of getting a home base sorted.

Come to think of it, even though what I said about my keyboard is true, it may just be that I reached the limit for how long your name can be. I can't see anyone with a longer name.
I wish you hadn’t said that. I’ll spend an hour scrolling the site and counting characters

Come to think of it, even though what I said about my keyboard is true, it may just be that I reached the limit for how long your name can be. I can't see anyone with a longer name.
Always assumed this was the case to be honest.

View attachment 2095710
I've emailed Whately suggesting he get him on his show, I don't really care who Lawrence is but if he throws more crap at the board on air I'm all for it

I mean, she didnt even follow football til Bartlett invited her to join the board with the view of getting a home base sorted.
That was crap though. I’ve known she was a demons supporter since about 2008. She’s not kept it hidden. In her journo segment days for the ABC she often talked about the football, and she clearly was into it.

That was crap though. I’ve known she was a demons supporter since about 2008. She’s not kept it hidden. In her journo segment days for the ABC she often talked about the football, and she clearly was into it.
Kate sticking up for Kate. :think: Ok Kate, yes you've she's been supporting Melbourne since 2008

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kate sticking up for Kate. :think: Ok Kate, yes you've she's been supporting Melbourne in 2008
Nah. She’s horrible.

But the talkback guy with the blood pressure issues was wrong about that. I assume she has always followed Melbourne? 2008 or so was just the first time I heard about it.

Fair enough, I read that on Land im pretty sure, blame them.
Land is getting quite a lot of the blame of late. Its a great idea really and I’m going to start doing it.

I also enjoyed the many references to her time in IC, and the one visitor maximum rules.

Great idea to tell an emotional and disgruntled player that he’s wrong so shut up.

Nah. She’s horrible.

But the talkback guy with the blood pressure issues was wrong about that. I assume she has always followed Melbourne? 2008 or so was just the first time I heard about it.
Ahhh, yeah was on the radio this morning. They were some funny calls, my fav was the second lady I think. She'd start talking about one issue only to jump to her next issue without really ever finishing what she had to say about the previous issue cause she was so heated.

Ahhh, yeah was on the radio this morning. They were some funny calls, my fav was the second lady I think. She'd start talking about one issue only to jump to her next issue without really ever finishing what she had to say about the previous issue cause she was so heated.
Probably my fav too. The one who ran her own company, yeah?

It was that lady who said to get Brad Green back down at the club when hes already on the board :$

I’ve not really listened to any shows with talkback but it’s a riot! I listened today and was well entertained. Must do it more often.

Do all callers spend so much time announcing their age, their blood pressure issues etc? Or is that just Melbourne supporters? I liked the guy who circled back to the fact that he is overweight about 3 or 4 times. I can’t remember how that linked into his comments but I enjoyed it anyway.

Richo, Pert & Roffey are all the same. Deflection, rhetoric, cliché. Can't stand listening to the lot of them.

I used to think Richo was horrendous listening to him on AFL 360 when he was Saints coach. Couldn't believe we gave him another gig.

Blow up the whole place and start again.

...except JT, love you, mate.

I’ve not really listened to any shows with talkback but it’s a riot! I listened today and was well entertained. Must do it more often.

Do all callers spend so much time announcing their age, their blood pressure issues etc? Or is that just Melbourne supporters? I liked the guy who circled back to the fact that he is overweight about 3 or 4 times. I can’t remember how that linked into his comments but I enjoyed it anyway.
Talk back radio is a gold mine when any club is going thru issues, not just ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back