Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a reply to my letter ... Jessica's been busy!

Hi ____,

Thank you for getting in touch with the Melbourne Football Club.

I’d firstly like to take a moment to acknowledge your frustrations. Please know that we hear these. There’s no doubt that recent months have made for some challenging moments, for our players, coaches, staff and members like yourself, and we understand the emotions that come with that.

As we approach the AFL Trade Period, we expect a significant amount of rumour and speculation in relation to player movement, and are evidently aware of commentary surrounding Christian Petracca. As we have previously said, both in a recent letter to members and in the media, Christian is an integral and valued part of the Melbourne family. He is a contracted player, and will be wearing the red and blue next season.

As a football club, all we want to do is get better. The 2024 AFL season wasn’t the one we had hoped for, and the focus is now on understanding what is required to move forward. There have been conversations with many of our leaders over recent weeks about our opportunities for growth. These conversations have been open and constructive, and we are committed to working together to find a path forward, to ensure we can be the best we can be in 2025.

We want to stress the importance of every single member whose heart beats true, so we thank you again for taking the time to reach out. We will need your support both now and into the future, Niall, so we hope you can stick with us.

Regards,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hi ____,

I’d firstly like to take a moment to acknowledge your frustrations. Please know that we hear these. There’s no doubt that recent months have made for some challenging moments, for our players, coaches, staff and members like yourself, and we understand the emotions that come with that.

As we approach the AFL Trade Period, we expect a significant amount of rumour and speculation in relation to player movement, and are evidently aware of commentary surrounding Christian Petracca. As we have previously said, both in a recent letter to members and in the media, Christian is an integral and valued part of the Melbourne family. He is a contracted player, and will be wearing the red and blue next season.

As a football club, all we want to do is get better. The 2024 AFL season wasn’t the one we had hoped for, and the focus is now on understanding what is required to move forward. There have been conversations with many of our leaders over recent weeks about our opportunities for growth. These conversations have been open and constructive, and we are committed to working together to find a path forward, to ensure we can be the best we can be in 2025.

We want to stress the importance of every single member whose heart beats true, so we thank you again for taking the time to reach out. We will need your support both now and into the future, Niall, so we hope you can stick with us.

Regards,
Jessica

We should all send emails and dox ourselves

Hi ____,

Regards,
Jessica

I think she works in HR

Hi ____,

Regards,
Jessica

Again, it's these people replying to the emails amidst the shit storm that have my respect.

Poor bugger looked like the life had been sucked right out of him last night.

This is what happens when our so called leaders above continue to throw Max in the deep in facing the scrutiny.

In a roundabout way I can now see why they do it after the shamble of a performance by Roffey. She's a disgrace.

Anyone post full article?

Amid a backdrop of crisis and backstabbing in April 2021, Kate Roffey took over the Demons. But Thursday’s trainwreck display showed how inept the club’s leadership is, writes Michael Warner.

Kate Roffey’s presidency of Melbourne has always been tainted and now the moment of reckoning has arrived.
Amid a backdrop of crisis and backstabbing in April 2021, it was Roffey who was installed suddenly as Glen Bartlett’s replacement by a group of plotters (inside and outside the club) determined to cover-up fears over a festering off-field culture.

Bartlett and at least one other Melbourne director had sounded the alarm in a secret meeting with AFL chairman Richard Goyder and then league boss Gillon McLachlan just weeks before the Roffey coup was hatched.

It’s ironic that a premiership so desperately sought by the Demons faithful would follow just a few months later, allowing club powerbrokers to portray Bartlett as nothing but a man of sour grapes.

But the truth in football always comes out eventually.

The current crisis enveloping Melbourne goes directly to those responsible for the Bartlett assassination and the failure to address the cultural issues later exposed by former club doctor-turned whistleblower Zeeshan Arain and others in a Sports Integrity Australia investigation.

Roffey’s trainwreck interview on SEN radio on Thursday morning might finally be the moment Melbourne fans wake up to the true cause of the endless headlines and scandals that have plagued the club over the past three years: inept leadership.

Only chief executive Gary Pert’s now infamous SEN interview last October in which he declared the Melbourne culture to be “the best I’ve seen in 40 years” could top Roffey’s performance of denial, bordering on delusion.

According to the president, calls for an independent review at Melbourne are unfounded.

There’s nothing to see here other than the issues that affect all football clubs, she said.

It’s all media rhetoric. I’m at the club and I talk to the parents of our players and they all love us. (Does that include Joel Smith’s parents or Christian Petracca’s mum and dad?)

“Trac” is a contracted player, she said. I haven’t spoken to him yet but we’re going to get there with a resolution. Kosi’s just homesick – it’s not a trade thing. (But isn’t Alex Neal-Bullen also homesick and aren’t they going to trade him?)

And regarding the long-running legal dispute with Bartlett – “we just have to deal with that” and “defend ourselves from those accusations”, she said.

But Bartlett has stared them down and refused to go away and the tide has turned in a boardroom war that has cost the Demons far more than just mounting legal costs.

That glorious premiership of 2021 will always be special to Melbourne supporters, but how many more flags could a generational list have bagged if the club had faced up to the cultural issues that have since derailed the careers of Clayton Oliver, Smith and now Petracca?

Club chiefs who remain unconvinced about Petracca’s desire to leave would be wise to start work on a deal with a rival club instead of risking the airing of further dirty laundry at a hearing before the AFL grievance tribunal.

The club’s separate and unnecessary court fight with board challenger Peter Lawrence has also exposed the club’s constant state of denial.

Eleven years ago, the AFL intervened at Melbourne in the wake of the tanking fiasco, cleaning out the board and putting veteran administrator Peter Jackson in as CEO and Bartlett in charge as president.

One wonders how long it will be until Andrew Dillon and the AFL Commission lose patience with the club again.

Amid a backdrop of crisis and backstabbing in April 2021, Kate Roffey took over the Demons. But Thursday’s trainwreck display showed how inept the club’s leadership is, writes Michael Warner.

Kate Roffey’s presidency of Melbourne has always been tainted and now the moment of reckoning has arrived.
Amid a backdrop of crisis and backstabbing in April 2021, it was Roffey who was installed suddenly as Glen Bartlett’s replacement by a group of plotters (inside and outside the club) determined to cover-up fears over a festering off-field culture.

Bartlett and at least one other Melbourne director had sounded the alarm in a secret meeting with AFL chairman Richard Goyder and then league boss Gillon McLachlan just weeks before the Roffey coup was hatched.

It’s ironic that a premiership so desperately sought by the Demons faithful would follow just a few months later, allowing club powerbrokers to portray Bartlett as nothing but a man of sour grapes.

But the truth in football always comes out eventually.

The current crisis enveloping Melbourne goes directly to those responsible for the Bartlett assassination and the failure to address the cultural issues later exposed by former club doctor-turned whistleblower Zeeshan Arain and others in a Sports Integrity Australia investigation.

Roffey’s trainwreck interview on SEN radio on Thursday morning might finally be the moment Melbourne fans wake up to the true cause of the endless headlines and scandals that have plagued the club over the past three years: inept leadership.

Only chief executive Gary Pert’s now infamous SEN interview last October in which he declared the Melbourne culture to be “the best I’ve seen in 40 years” could top Roffey’s performance of denial, bordering on delusion.

According to the president, calls for an independent review at Melbourne are unfounded.

There’s nothing to see here other than the issues that affect all football clubs, she said.

It’s all media rhetoric. I’m at the club and I talk to the parents of our players and they all love us. (Does that include Joel Smith’s parents or Christian Petracca’s mum and dad?)

“Trac” is a contracted player, she said. I haven’t spoken to him yet but we’re going to get there with a resolution. Kosi’s just homesick – it’s not a trade thing. (But isn’t Alex Neal-Bullen also homesick and aren’t they going to trade him?)

And regarding the long-running legal dispute with Bartlett – “we just have to deal with that” and “defend ourselves from those accusations”, she said.

But Bartlett has stared them down and refused to go away and the tide has turned in a boardroom war that has cost the Demons far more than just mounting legal costs.

That glorious premiership of 2021 will always be special to Melbourne supporters, but how many more flags could a generational list have bagged if the club had faced up to the cultural issues that have since derailed the careers of Clayton Oliver, Smith and now Petracca?

Club chiefs who remain unconvinced about Petracca’s desire to leave would be wise to start work on a deal with a rival club instead of risking the airing of further dirty laundry at a hearing before the AFL grievance tribunal.

The club’s separate and unnecessary court fight with board challenger Peter Lawrence has also exposed the club’s constant state of denial.

Eleven years ago, the AFL intervened at Melbourne in the wake of the tanking fiasco, cleaning out the board and putting veteran administrator Peter Jackson in as CEO and Bartlett in charge as president.

One wonders how long it will be until Andrew Dillon and the AFL Commission lose patience with the club again.

Should do it now. What are they waiting for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi ____,

Regards,
Jessica

I like the gentle chiding at you for not reading the letter the club sent out.

I like the gentle chiding at you for not reading the letter the club sent out.
I’m feeling all sad. I thought Jessica had a special message just for me and what happens? I get betrayed.

I bet some new toy has come along today and she is gently chiding them

Can't help but think of this video when I hear about Jessica being flooded with letters from members.
SOMEBODY HELP JESSICA

Hi ____,

Regards,
Jessica

So it was exactly the same as Gander's except for your names? :tearsofjoy:

#MFCcares

So it was exactly the same as Gander's except for your names? :tearsofjoy:

#MFCcares
It was indeed.

Though I’m impressed with the personal touch of swapping out the name in the final paragraph.

I’m warming to Jessica. She’s saying the same old club bollocks but structured reasonably well. Head and shoulders over the Roffey interview. She should probably be president

It was indeed.

Though I’m impressed with the personal touch of swapping out the name in the final paragraph.

I’m warming to Jessica. She’s saying the same old club bollocks but structured reasonably well. Head and shoulders over the Roffey interview. She should probably be president
Jessica is a computer program im pretty sure.

Jessica is a computer program im pretty sure.
Need to write an email complaining about something completely random Chris from Camberwell style and see if we get the same response.

Need to write an email complaining about something completely random Chris from Camberwell style and see if we get the same response.
Dear Kate & Gary Dwayne....

Dear Kate & Gary Dwayne....
The trouble for Jessica here will be that as she's typing up her response to the first email three more emails will come through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back