Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish he was under more pressure this year

3 years of decline and now freefall, after being at the gig for 8 years now surely means he should be
I wish that were the case too, but Kornes is seemingly the first prominent media figure to not go with the 'they won a flag, they should be grateful' angle. So we're still at least a year away from any meaningful traction it would seem.

Benefits us if Port keeps going well – the media need a coaching hot seat target, so hopefully Goodwin starts to cop the heat that had been directed towards Hinkley.

I wish he was under more pressure this year

3 years of decline and now freefall, after being at the gig for 8 years now surely means he should be
Messaging has been consistent, planned out for ages. Even posters on here aping it for a reason.

Pretend pressure to buy time. 'We're very serious and unhappy, watch us sack some assistants'!

I don't know where else to post, but anyone disappointed Brad Green has become a corporate yes man since he joined the board? Seemed to have some real opinions and digs on twitter beforehand. Very much tows the line with the rest of the board now

Just looking through his twitter right now

Spent Today retweeting 'Demonland' and 'The Dee-Breif' posts about re-signing viney and gawn
Retweets club media almost all he time
Says he likes Kane Cornes, but will disagree on anything negative said about the club. Even sticks up for Yze, but i get that a bit more
Retweeted nuffy supporters earlier in the year that have thought the media have been unfair on us
Consistently defends Goodwin

I don't know where else to post, but anyone disappointed Brad Green has become a corporate yes man since he joined the board? Seemed to have some real opinions and digs on twitter beforehand. Very much tows the line with the rest of the board now

Spent Today retweeting 'Demonland' and 'The Dee-Breif' posts about re-signing viney and gawn
Says he likes Kane Cornes, but will disagree on anything negative said about the club. Even sticks up for Yze, but i get that a bit more
Retweeted nuffy supporters earlier in the year that have thought the media have been unfair on us
I didn’t know he had joined the board. I never know stuff like that.

I liked him in his seething Neeld hate rage and I do wish he would find that again.

Said the same in the draft/trade thread today. Very Roffey-ish behaviour..

Maybe that's his threshold for Goodwin. Is this guy better than Neeld? Back him in.
There was I time when I would have accepted that threshold. Anyone but this guy? Hell yeah!

We really shouldn’t have won that premiership. It’s given me ideas above my station

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just need a letter from Roffey telling me how great the culture is, how much support they have for Simon Goodwin, how united they are as a group and to tell me to bring some noise on Friday #demonspirit

Things I would wish to see in 'Red&Blue', for Next year.

* Jack Viney taking over the No31 jumper... to save its reputation as the number most representing heart and soul, guts and determination out on the field, and OFF it.

Jack Viney is to me the most closely aligned with the Great Ronald dale Barassi.

The 31 jumper is currently being devalued... by loss of courage and commitment, and true-grit when its required.

I cannot see the current holder of the jumper, simply winding his dislocated shoulder back into its socket whilst out on-field... and going again into the next contest.

Its time for culture change to get back to where we were in 2020/21...

One more year for Maxy as skipper.? as the culture has softened over the past couple of seasons... and give it back to the toughest of Demons. Jack Viney. The leader of all things physically & mentally tough.

Lets get it back on track, Via Viney, before handing over to Tracca, following Viney's reign.

One more year for Maxy as skipper.? as the culture has softened over the past couple of seasons... and give it back to the toughest of Demons. Jack Viney. The leader of all things physically & mentally tough.

Lets get it back on track, Via Viney, before handing over to Tracca, following Viney's reign.
I'm not sure the culture thing is as bad as what has been portrayed in the media. Although there has been some communication and leadership issues. The club will take the stability path, but clearly there is some issues with leadership. Although i do wonder if Trac has just had a big sook about all this. I love him, but he seems the type. Not sure we will ever find out all the details, but he was in video at the club today in the spa with other players sending out thanks messages to members with a big smile on his face. So all can't be that bad. But i do agree it might be a good time to change up leadership.

Who's the choice to take over? Not sure we have a super strong candidate? Lever? Maybe. Trac? Not sure he's been in the leadership group at all so far. Riv or JVR are years away from a captaincy role. I think this is where the gap in the mid 20 age bracket is concerning.

I am not and have never been a fan of putting players in different numbers because they're similar to a previous player. I especially hate it when it's a draftee, We did that shit with $cully and looked foolish

Yes it's meaningful to know who's come before in it, but let the players given the number add or forge their own legacy

I am not and have never been a fan of putting players in different numbers because they're similar to a previous player. I especially hate it when it's a draftee, We did that shit with $cully and looked foolish

Yes it's meaningful to know who's come before in it, but let the players given the number add or forge their own legacy
Then we'd need to go triple or quadruple digits at that point.

Then we'd need to go triple or quadruple digits at that point.
You know what i mean. Don't put like for likes, just cause wow this player reminds me of a player i used to watch. I remember some cringe campaigning when we had Howe to try and move him to 24 because he jumps like Robbo (and was a forward at the time)

You know what i mean. Don't put like for likes, just cause wow this player reminds me of a player i used to watch. I remember some cringe campaigning when we had Howe to try and move him to 24 because he jumps like Robbo (and was a forward at the time)
I know what you mean. It would be rather novel to say have JVR come out in number 359 or something on his back.

Things I would wish to see in 'Red&Blue', for Next year.

* Jack Viney taking over the No31 jumper... to save its reputation as the number most representing heart and soul, guts and determination out on the field, and OFF it.

Jack Viney is to me the most closely aligned with the Great Ronald dale Barassi.

The 31 jumper is currently being devalued... by loss of courage and commitment, and true-grit when its required.

I cannot see the current holder of the jumper, simply winding his dislocated shoulder back into its socket whilst out on-field... and going again into the next contest.

Its time for culture change to get back to where we were in 2020/21...
Yeah but did RDB kick 6 in a grand final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back