Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure the culture thing is as bad as what has been portrayed in the media. Although there has been some communication and leadership issues. The club will take the stability path, but clearly there is some issues with leadership.
Our past 3 seasons since winning the flag over in WA, says different, that we have wasted our time at the top of the heap.

We have one more chance, a slim one, with our best; aging now. And then a slide down, for a season or two, until our next bunch mature, and harden up.

That's why its so important to NOT get any more 'NQR fill-ins', into the club.

And we have definitely softened up a little, over the field, since 2021.

Last edited:
The email from Roffey today hit the mark on how united the board are against Peter Lawrence…
Club is better at legal battles than playing football.

Club is better at legal battles than playing football.
It's been the same since the 60's, off-field, in the boardroom. When they got started and sacked Smithy instead of supporting their brother.

This is why we need to get the boardroom out of the same building as the mcc.

And preferably away from the MCG precinct.

Too many want to be seen as hotshots within the MCG. Instead of footy first board members for the club... we get some who are too self-indulgent in their motives. imv.

Last edited:
I am not and have never been a fan of putting players in different numbers because they're similar to a previous player. I especially hate it when it's a draftee, We did that shit with $cully and looked foolish

Yes it's meaningful to know who's come before in it, but let the players given the number add or forge their own legacy
A draftee should never have been given such an illustrious jumper of the MFC, as a first jumper.

Last edited:
A draftee should never have been given such an illustrious jumper of the MFC, as a first jumper.
Yes, but that's what we did. Because we placed great weight on the jumpers and the 'expected' career of a promising draftee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wouldn't know it from the other news at the moment, and it has no bearing on this year. But Kozzy's appeal at the Tribunal is going down atm

You wouldn't know it from the other news at the moment, and it has no bearing on this year. But Kozzy's appeal at the Tribunal is going down atm
It's funny because it's going well over and i've seen some Carlton flogs on the socials getting annoyed because they're still waiting for the Owies case lol

For the second time today:

Shocked Patrick Stewart GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back