Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

He is clearly an insecure little bitch but I honestly don't doubt most of what he has suggested (Drug culture, Goody cooked) are true.
Would give the world for a normal person who loves the club and can make half decent decisions to be our president.

Carn mate you got this one a little off, Darcy Moore is the least thug player in the AFL he went for a mark and got Trac in a wrong spot. If you outlaw that you're making it a full non contact sport.

You should have played 15 or more years ago when the ear massage was expected when you had the chance now that was fun
i respect moore good player just sucks trac got hurt but that's footy

If you wanted to get heated get heated over Maynard getting off. That's the angle you should have taken. Both accidents, one way more severe than the other, the severe one gets nothing the lesser one gets 3 weeks. Smh.

If you wanted to get heated get heated over Maynard getting off. That's the angle you should have taken. Both accidents, one way more severe than the other, the severe one gets nothing the lesser one gets 3 weeks. Smh.
Yeah, I think Maynard's was an accident but if you're going to base head contact on outcome it boggles the mind Maynard got nothing and Koz 3 when Brayshaws concussion was much worse.

sadly Jim isn't here, need to get some one like him in charge
I hate to say it, but he was pretty shit. Sure he loved the place but some ****ing awful decisions under him.

I hate to say it, but he was pretty shit. Sure he loved the place but some ****ing awful decisions under him.
Great figure head, ripping person and was massive for the debt reduction but I think he spearheaded the tanking strategy. Much better human than I'll ever be but don't reckon he was a great footy president.

Great figure head, ripping person and was massive for the debt reduction but I think he spearheaded the tanking strategy. Much better human than I'll ever be but don't reckon he was a great footy president.
Bringing old mate Schwabby back was a ****ing disaster. He nearly made us extinct.

Bringing old mate Schwabby back was a ****ing disaster. He nearly made us extinct.
Yep
I get it he was in the middle of a cancer battle and it was pretty disgraceful how much he had to take on while he was doing that but he needed help with the footy stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jim was okay. I wouldn't say fantastic either, but just okay. Was surrounded by a very average board and at times had to front up while battling his own battles. But yeah i always feel he was sucked in with the rest of them into tanking, was sold the carrot and went with it

That and we had Schwabb for a ****ing CEO, ick

Still though, we had a president who would front up to the media while battling cancer. While the current is MIA. Also every president since Jim has sat with the cheersquad at AFL games at least once, i don't think i've seen Roffey do it ever (at an AFL game to be specific, she's done it once at the AFLW)

Jim was okay. I wouldn't say fantastic either, but just okay. Was surrounded by a very average board and at times had to front up while battling his own battles. But yeah i always feel he was sucked in with the rest of them into tanking, was sold the carrot and went with it

That and we had Schwabb for a ****ing CEO, ick

Still though, we had a president who would front up to the media while battling cancer. While the current is MIA. Also every president since Jim has sat with the cheersquad at AFL games at least once, i don't think i've seen Roffey do it ever (at an AFL game to be specific, she's done it once at the AFLW)
That's actually a good point. Jim facing the media and taking responsibility with cancer while Roffey hides is pretty disgusting as a comparison

Talking about past presidents, Ridley's reputation as not just a president but also as a player and a coach never recovered from being overshadowed by the merger

Talking about past presidents, Ridley's reputation as not just a president but also as a player and a coach never recovered from being overshadowed by the merger
Will get flamed for this but there's a small part of me that would have liked the merger. Was too young to remember it anyway and at least we'd have crowds sitting in the southern stand. Hawks had a lot more to lose than we did so no surprise they pissed it off

Will get flamed for this but there's a small part of me that would have liked the merger. Was too young to remember it anyway and at least we'd have crowds sitting in the southern stand. Hawks had a lot more to lose than we did so no surprise they pissed it off
**** melbourne mate we are a small minded joke of a club we should have merged out of existence and saved ourselves some trouble

Wasn't it more of takeover by us anyway? From memory we were going back to Melbourne Demons after a while as the hawks.

Before my time. Rubbish colours anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General MFC Discussion IV – Roffey Out, Green In, Smith a No, "External" (lol) Review, AFL's Largest Membership Drop and Lowest Social Media Growth 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back