News General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

i've ordered one.

Turns out the Aston Martin Valkyrie was just the warm-up act. The RB17 is Adrian Newey’s long-awaited non-F1 car, a track-only hypercar into which he’s poured the contents of his planet-sized brain. It’s powered by a Red Bull-spec, Cosworth-made 1,000bhp 4.5-litre V10 that can rev to 15,000rpm, aided and abetted by a 200bhp e-motor. The name? When Covid stopped the world turning, Red Bull didn’t run an F1 car called RB17. Now the lonesome badge has a home.

The target weight is somewhere below 900kg. Nonetheless, this is a big and imposing machine in the flesh, more than five metres long and two metres wide. It has side pods, an eyeball-hoovering detail on a shape that’s defined more by what’s missing than what’s actually there. Porosity: that’s the key word, indicating lots of open spaces for hustling air to and from significant destinations.

Even at rest it looks busy. You can visualise the turbulent air around the front wheel arches being tidied up, before being redirected under the car and into a floor and tunnel of Byzantine complexity. There are two fans in there somewhere, too, transforming all this energised air into pure aero magic. Then there’s the full-width rear wing, there primarily to extract the air from the diffuser.

from 'top gear'

not quite sure where to put this. a mate suggested seeing “the world’s fastest indian” it’s been around a while but it's worth a look.
I would say yes. Its a slow movie in that its a character study of Bert brilliantly portrayed by Hopkins. The bike is they centre but its Bert and his dream that drives the movie

Its been a while for me as well but I would watch it again

Maybe ask people on the Whats the Last Movie thread in Entertainment board

Remove this Banner Ad

News General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back