Mega Thread General Seven Discussion (Hate) 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Harley - There is no need to try and justify every decision the umpires make as a correct one.

Dude was an outright nobody until he became a right place, right time bit part in Geelongs dynasty. Imagine if Ritchie Vandenburg stuck around a year or two longer he would have a Swisse Vitamins contract at least

Why is Lleyton Hewitt there analysing footy?

Was about to ask the same thing.

This is the kind of stupid shit that shows they have no clue.

"Hey Lleyton's in town."

"Let's get him in for our Saturday night game, cause that will show all our online critics and Rohan Connelly"

Dude was an outright nobody until he became a right place, right time bit part in Geelongs dynasty. Imagine if Ritchie Vandenburg stuck around a year or two longer he would have a Swisse Vitamins contract at least

maybe outside of geelong he was a nobody before 2007, but he was a consistent reliant defender who rarely got beaten. his body caught up with him from 2007-2009.

now he just really fence sits as a special comments man.

Was about to ask the same thing.

This is the kind of stupid shit that shows they have no clue.

"Hey Lleyton's in town."

"Let's get him in for our Saturday night game, cause that will show all our online critics and Rohan Connelly"

Nah, the issue is that you guys do not understand what they are trying to do. They have a very clear strategy and target market.

That target market is not anyone on BigFooty. As much as many of us will hate some of the stuff they do there is no way we will stop watching the footy. This thread is 12 pages of absolute fury but every single one of you keeps on watching just the same.

They are not stupid, they know exactly what they are doing. They are not like Fox having a million different channels and able to cater to niche markets.

They will do whatever they can to make it appeal to as broad a ‘non-football’ audience as possible. Having someone like Hewitt on in a guest spot, showing glamorous girlfriends in the crowd, having extreme slow-mo close-ups is exactly the sort of stuff they want to do.

They are not interested in pleasing “online critics” they are interested in ratings. The footy is rating very well. End of story.

On behalf of many Geelong supporters I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Port Adelaide Power for one of the major planks in Geelong winning 3 of the last 5 premierships.

Have to say I didn't really enjoy listening to the Saturday night rabble's obsession with being "live and interactive".

I think went you are filling in several gaps in play by reading out tweets sent by your mates well, maybe you're not actually that interested in what is happening out on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if u took a drink every time Brian Taylor told us that the weapon is essendons strength and conditioning coach who once found a needle in a hay stack you'd be long since passed out (3 mins to go in the third.)

seriously, who gives a shit? I don't need a big deal made out of a short, thick bloke with a nickname... I can get that at any gym.

went with the web stream/iq trick midway through the third...

Delayed telecast of the Richmond and Hawthorn game in Perth this afternoon. 2 hour delay, for a fricking Saturday afternoon match - WTF ??

To the person at Ch7 responsible, I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest you, may your private parts itch incessantly, and may you have no rest or relief until you decide to show the game live. You w***er.

They just went to an ad immediately after Riewoldt took a mark inside 50. When they came back they showed a replay of the mark and then cut back to the center bounce. They didn't even show the goal!!!

That is probably one of the worst things I have ever seen on a telecast, channel 7 are a joke!

Delayed telecast of the Richmond and Hawthorn game in Perth this afternoon. 2 hour delay, for a fricking Saturday afternoon match - WTF ??

To the person at Ch7 responsible, I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest you, may your private parts itch incessantly, and may you have no rest or relief until you decide to show the game live. You w***er.

Ah, hasn't every channel 7 Saturday "arvo" game been delayed this year? It's the only game that they delay any more (at least in Melbourne)

Ah, hasn't every channel 7 Saturday "arvo" game been delayed this year? It's the only game that they delay any more (at least in Melbourne)

yeah, every game is delayed on a saturday and some sunday games.

the worst delay being the crows-cats game that started at 12.45pm for that stupid horse that ch7 still showed at 3pm. i dont get why they cant show interstate game live on 'saturday arvo'.

What make things worse that in Perth, the Saturday arvo game between Richmond and Hawks was delayed by 2 hours!! Yes 2 hours. Match commenced at 11.45AM Perth time but $even decided to show cartoons instead of live Saturday arvo footy.

And Friday night footy is never live into Perth. The eastern states gets it live, why can't Perth gets it live on 7 after DoND, News and Today Tonight?!

What make things worse that in Perth, the Saturday arvo game between Richmond and Hawks was delayed by 2 hours!! Yes 2 hours. Match commenced at 11.45AM Perth time but $even decided to show cartoons instead of live Saturday arvo footy.

And Friday night footy is never live into Perth. The eastern states gets it live, why can't Perth gets it live on 7 after DoND, News and Today Tonight?!

dont know what the **** was their reason for this bullshit. there was nothing special then. a game was delayed for no particular reason.

Player kicks goal.

Pre-2012 = close up on celebrating player

2012 = every camera zooms the frick out to 'coincidentally' capture celebrating fans in the background ... just another formulaic thing from a network too dumb to realise that not every goal is that important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General Seven Discussion (Hate) 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back