Mega Thread General Seven Discussion (Hate) 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Its sad that with Mick, Tom Harley, Richo even Luke Darcy that 7 have prett good special comments guys (IMO) but their play by play callers are a disgrace, the lot of them.

Its sad that with Mick, Tom Harley, Richo even Luke Darcy that 7 have prett good special comments guys (IMO) but their play by play callers are a disgrace, the lot of them.

Yes. No. No. No.

Take Richo tonight; someone asked him about Dustin Martin's game and he dribbles about his 15 possessions and some good things he's done and uh he's following Pendlebury and... he's only 20.

Couldn't say a bad word, despite the fact Martin had done sweet FA all night. Dead air would have been more illuminating.

And Darcy is a giant flog.

The one thing that excited me about 10 losing the rights was that Darcy would **** off from any coverage I would have to watch but low and behold 7 drag him up from the gutter.

Darcy just copies whatever Garry Lyon says on MMM the night before and applies it on 7 the following night. It is disgraceful. Hamish is a terrible caller, honestly didn't mind Basil though.

Did anyone else find it odd that Fox Footy had Ess V PA when it was a C7 game, and FS1 had Sydney V Freo even though it was a Foxtel game and not on there main channel? Nothing major just curious?

Just watched the Ess/Port coverage this morning. Apart from the astonishingly shizen commentary (sans Malthouse, who I thought delivered terrific insight and actually predicted and read what was going on really well, as though he was some kind of expert or something), how many times did play resume while they were showing a replay?! I'm just flabbergasted at how unprofessional that is - Fox does it sometimes but seems to have cut down on it somewhat, but 7's coverage is just as atrocious as ever. I don't need to see a slow motion replay of Stants doing whatever if the play is actually happening.

I'll tell you what it is - it's a magnificent impetus for people to actually get out of the house and go to the football themselves. It's a big ploy to bump up attendance, methinks.

It's a crime that Michael Christian hasn't got a gig and an absolute ******* like Hamish has.

I wasn't a Christian fan but if it came down to him or Hamish I'd have Christian back every single day of the week.

McLachlan is THE worst in the game. 7 need to know because people will turn off in droves if he is commentating. My wife is an Essendon supporter and was enjoying the game (especially as they were beating Port) and asked me if I could turn the TV down and find the game on radio.

I wasn't a Christian fan but if it came down to him or Hamish I'd have Christian back every single day of the week.

McLachlan is THE worst in the game. 7 need to know because people will turn off in droves if he is commentating. My wife is an Essendon supporter and was enjoying the game (especially as they were beating Port) and asked me if I could turn the TV down and find the game on radio.
Never thought I'd say this, but Tom Harley is a massive massive flog. He is so monotone he makes Luke Darcy sound animated, and clearly so in awe of Leigh Matthews it borders on embarrassing. Most of the channel seven "team" are not good. Im so sick and tired of Bruces homo erotic ramblings about Cyril Rioli.

Never thought I'd say this, but Tom Harley is a massive massive flog. He is so monotone he makes Luke Darcy sound animated, and clearly so in awe of Leigh Matthews it borders on embarrassing. Most of the channel seven "team" are not good. Im so sick and tired of Bruces homo erotic ramblings about Cyril Rioli.

I thought Harley would be better than he is. It seems that these guys who all earn our respect on the field, get the job at 7 and feel like they have to suck up to more experienced commentators as a right of passage.

And yes mate the whole 'homo erotic' thing has gone way too far. Bruce is the worst at it but he is not alone in the "bromance with player" stakes.

Because we've got 2 weekday games again those being thurs and monday nights. Leaving them no room for a sunday game. Bloody annoying however I was hoping to see GWS in action again.

Piss off the interviews with players parents too. 7 seem more focused on making the coverage about entertainment than football. Just waiting for some network cross promotion to appear. Hamish McLachlan is awful too.

It isn't a football show, Channel 7 want it to become a soap opera. Hence the focus beforehand on absolutely everything unrelated to football.

Absolute horseshit specially tailored to morons. Seems to be working.

If anyone would accidently staple Brian Taylor's mouth shut for about the next 6 years, I'd be eternally grateful.

I thought Harley would be better than he is. It seems that these guys who all earn our respect on the field, get the job at 7 and feel like they have to suck up to more experienced commentators as a right of passage.

And yes mate the whole 'homo erotic' thing has gone way too far. Bruce is the worst at it but he is not alone in the "bromance with player" stakes.

Well said. Harley is paid by the AFL, don't forget that. Obviously figures it's too important to toe the party line. And I HATE the way they suck up to Matthews (or anyone else for that matter).

The droolings about Cyril are just cringeworthy, absolutely embarrassing. Although at least we know why Cyril adjusts his shorts constantly, getting ready for removing them for Bruce's after match interview.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how many times did play resume while they were showing a replay?! I'm just flabbergasted at how unprofessional that is - Fox does it sometimes but seems to have cut down on it somewhat, but 7's coverage is just as atrocious as ever. I don't need to see a slow motion replay of Stants doing whatever if the play is actually happening.

This shits me so much. It was a Fox game, but the Adelaide vs Bulldogs game had an instance where they flashed onto both coaches for ten seconds solid (both coaches were just kind of sitting there, nothing interesting) while play started in the middle, the ball was won, continued, etc. You could hear the crowd oohing and ahhing at the play while we watches two stationary coaches!! Why would you do this?!

The broadcasters need to watch how the EPL is covered, they could learn plenty off them. Very few replays, if any, during play. Understated commentary, not trying to be the centre of attention, camera not zoomed in so you can see what is happening around the ball, focus only on the game and not other crap.

This shits me so much. It was a Fox game, but the Adelaide vs Bulldogs game had an instance where they flashed onto both coaches for ten seconds solid (both coaches were just kind of sitting there, nothing interesting) while play started in the middle, the ball was won, continued, etc. You could hear the crowd oohing and ahhing at the play while we watches two stationary coaches!! Why would you do this?!

Actually, I take back my defense of Fox - twice in the NM/GWS game they've given us replays of Curtley Hampton's stunning MISSES only to return to play on the wing. :thumbsdown:

So once again Seven doesn't have a game on in Melbourne.

Why is this?

We going to get these ignorant questions every week? Do you want a game on ch7 today or Geelong v Hawthorn tomorrow?

Will we get the same question in Round 5 when there's no FTA on the Saturday afternoon?

The broadcasters need to watch how the EPL is covered, they could learn plenty off them. Very few replays, if any, during play. Understated commentary, not trying to be the centre of attention, camera not zoomed in so you can see what is happening around the ball, focus only on the game and not other crap.

Imagine if Mclachlan was commentating on the EPL. He'd spend half the game telling us about how Rooney was porking the auld slapper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread General Seven Discussion (Hate) 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back