News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone seen/read this? I guess it's the players' fault that organisers cannot attract higher-ranked players. Absolute money-grab of an article.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/t...-part-time-coach/story-fnibcgxs-1227204170772
John Tomic confirmed he would concentrate on his daughter Sara’s career, leaving Roche to oversee Bernard’s progress while guiding Lleyton Hewitt to retirement.

“After a long, long period — 22 years — it’s time for Bernard to make his own way and for me to help Sara,” John Tomic said.

“Tony Roche is the best coach for us. He is a legend.

Happy with this news, hopefully it helps Bernard to reach somewhere near his potential.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/t...-part-time-coach/story-fnibcgxs-1227204170772
John Tomic confirmed he would concentrate on his daughter Sara’s career, leaving Roche to oversee Bernard’s progress while guiding Lleyton Hewitt to retirement.

“After a long, long period — 22 years — it’s time for Bernard to make his own way and for me to help Sara,” John Tomic said.

“Tony Roche is the best coach for us. He is a legend.

Happy with this news, hopefully it helps Bernard to reach somewhere near his potential.
That is great news, Tomic could learn a lot from Roche and I reckon he will get more out of him. Hopefully this year is a turning point in his career.

John will never fully be out if the picture. Doesn't mean crap until he shows results (his australian summer was fine though)

Wozniacki has appeared in the recent Sport Illustrated swimsuit issue.

apparently-_ac6de7c283dd992580a83834757064d2-gif.3668

Saw an interesting stat - Lleyton Hewitt is number 6 with highest winning % of current players

Out of all players currently inside the WTA top 50, only five of them don't represent Europe or North American. The highest ranked of those is Peng Shuai at 19.

I wonder if this is some sort of record in the Open era?

Interesting French Open odds

Djokovic: $2.25
Nadal: $2.75
Nishikori: $15.00
Federer: $19.00
Halep: $5.50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Djokovic deserves favoritism, but I'll believe he'll win it when I see it. Interesting that Kei is ahead of Federer. Wawrinka at $17.00 is ahead too.

Odds seem about right for the ladies. Azarenka fourth favourite at $8.50 is maybe a little short.

Robin Soderling planning for an ATP comeback in 2016. Surprising, but excellent news. It's been five years and he's over 30 now, so it's going to be difficult, but it's great to see him not giving up. Still the only man to beat Rafa at the French Open. So much unfulfilled talent.

Robin Soderling planning for an ATP comeback in 2016. Surprising, but excellent news. It's been five years and he's over 30 now, so it's going to be difficult, but it's great to see him not giving up. Still the only man to beat Rafa at the French Open. So much unfulfilled talent.
He's still 30 so it's not too late given the age of the top 100 these days

He's still 30 so it's not too late given the age of the top 100 these days
He is finished!! No point him coming back!!! He wont be a top player!! Might as well stay retired!! By the time he gets a reasonable ranking he will be 32!!! I like the guy but I rather he stayed retired for his own good!! He has missed way too much tennis and there are younger and better opponents!!!

He is finished!! No point him coming back!!! He wont be a top player!! Might as well stay retired!! By the time he gets a reasonable ranking he will be 32!!! I like the guy but I rather he stayed retired for his own good!! He has missed way too much tennis and there are younger and better opponents!!!
Thoughts on Haas (37, just come back after a year out)? Tipsarevic? 32 is not old anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

News & Events General Tennis News

Remove this Banner Ad

Back