Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

About the same as North Hobart listing only one loss when that's no where near true either.

We have lost quite a few more than what we listed in today's paper. But they're the notable loses.
In terms of us signing someone, I actually do not have a clue at what the hell has gone on there. It's laughable.

About the same as North Hobart listing only one loss when that's no where near true either.

We have lost quite a few more than what we listed in today's paper. But they're the notable loses.
In terms of us signing someone, I actually do not have a clue at what the hell has gone on there. It's laughable.

Regarding the signings part it doesn’t help when you’ve got Matt eagles down here jerking your club around giving empty promises regarding signing there then he ends up staying in Queensland. He’d have been on a lot of money so both clubs, glen and Roos, would’ve had majority of their focus on him you’d imagine

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who else has gone?

Jake Steele, Tom Marshall, Max Lamb, Jacob Smith, Jason Bailey, Ollie Davis played last year. That’s off top of my head.

I think Keegan Ryan has gone there? Or has NH blocked that?

Regarding the signings part it doesn’t help when you’ve got Matt eagles down here jerking your club around giving empty promises regarding signing there then he ends up staying in Queensland. He’d have been on a lot of money so both clubs, glen and Roos, would’ve had majority of their focus on him you’d imagine

Those two clubs have lost 20-25 players and signed almost no recruits. Can't blame Matt Eagles for that.

4 other clubs have improved. Tigers signed Lovell & Tomkinson. Launy got Thurlow & Tyrell. Lauderdale Fyfe, Blackburn & Marlin. Nth Hobart Daly & Dale.

Those two clubs have lost 20-25 players and signed almost no recruits. Can't blame Matt Eagles for that.

4 other clubs have improved. Tigers signed Lovell & Tomkinson. Launy got Thurlow & Tyrell. Lauderdale Fyfe, Blackburn & Marlin. Nth Hobart Daly & Dale.

Completely get that, he can’t be blamed but it certainly wouldn’t help when the amount of cash he was rumoured to be asking for was absurd and you might’ve had other deals contingent on his signing

Completely get that, he can’t be blamed but it certainly wouldn’t help when the amount of cash he was rumoured to be asking for was absurd and you might’ve had other deals contingent on his signing

Why clubs do that is beyond me. I guess Glenorchy don’t have any juniors so they would be desperate. Glenorchy 18s have folded btw.

What more interesting is players don’t seem to go to another TSL club. Daly is the only of note I can see from this year? Clarence lost 20-30 players yer none have stayed in the league.

Why clubs do that is beyond me. I guess Glenorchy don’t have any juniors so they would be desperate. Glenorchy 18s have folded btw.

What more interesting is players don’t seem to go to another TSL club. Daly is the only of note I can see from this year? Clarence lost 20-30 players yer none have stayed in the league.

As said to me by my Magpie mate, Glenorchy is an older area & growth has been from international migrants who know SFA about our game. He mentioned that one only has to look at the Glenorchy knights who won the soccer state league last year. They have a huge junior program.

The TSL have done & do nothing to promote the game. They certainly do nothing to encourage the different ethnic kids to even try Aussie rules.

Also Glenorchy originally had Brighton as a development area. Wade took it off them & gave it to Clarence.

It seems Glenorchy are in for a long fight to regain some sort of strength again.

So S.Wade, conveniently now the Clarence President ( he clearly always was, under cover from the AFLTas office! ;)) threatens to move Clarence to the SFL.

IMO, go on Wadey, fk off.

As said to me by my Magpie mate, Glenorchy is an older area & growth has been from international migrants who know SFA about our game. He mentioned that one only has to look at the Glenorchy knights who won the soccer state league last year. They have a huge junior program.

The TSL have done & do nothing to promote the game. They certainly do nothing to encourage the different ethnic kids to even try Aussie rules.

Also Glenorchy originally had Brighton as a development area. Wade took it off them & gave it to Clarence.

It seems Glenorchy are in for a long fight to regain some sort of strength again.

So S.Wade, conveniently now the Clarence President ( he clearly always was, under cover from the AFLTas office! ;)) threatens to move Clarence to the SFL.

IMO, go on Wadey, fk off.
Clarence will leave the comp I have no doubt about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone still think that putting a third team in Launceston will fix up southern footy...?
The leagues down here are actually really close this year. SFL and Old Scholars minus Richmond.
Once TSL ends the league would be close with the 5 Southern Clubs.
Not sure where Launceston and North Launceston will play? NWFL or NTFA do you think?

The leagues down here are actually really close this year. SFL and Old Scholars minus Richmond.
Once TSL ends the league would be close with the 5 Southern Clubs.
Not sure where Launceston and North Launceston will play? NWFL or NTFA do you think?
I wouldn't say the SFL was really close, it'll be the two Huon clubs and Lindisfarne, the rest, also–rans. In other words, the same boring comp it has been for years and years and years and years and...
If the TSL fell over, which I'm not all that sure will happen, it would have to go back to a Premier League again 👍🏻

North have it in their constitution that they will play in the best comp available, so I'd imagine they'd ask the question of the NWFL if they couldn't play statewide. Launceston would pair up, and if South were asked they'd join too...

If not, then the NTFA would realign itself. The Premier Div might end up looking very much like the old NTFA, although there would be a big question mark over Scottsdale. Longford would be in like Flynn, but GT and Deloraine would umm and uhh. None of the other teams are geographically favourable if the old firm join...

I'd have three divisions, with the third and maybe the second not required to field three teams. Six elite, with transfer rules to aid them becoming northern destination teams, then split the rest according to ability to function. It's getting pretty hard for the country sides, the latest being Bridport, but it's important they are aided in getting a lineup on the field...

I'd also have the intrastate games back as either the bridge to the Devils or as the showcase matches for recruiters. Depending on what leagues exist, a five game head to head between two teams or a six game series with a final for three. Design every roster to make it work. The best sides might grumble, but Clarence and Glenorchy are discovering that notions of inherent supremacy are fleeting at best, so best to go with what helps everybody...remember ten years ago when Glenorchy had sides in both senior comps in Hobart and looked set to dominate Tasmanian footy forever? Maybe even a limited player swap system to ensure the games remain competitive but still retain their identity...we've seen BBL cricket turn parochial sentiment on its head...

I wouldn't say the SFL was really close, it'll be the two Huon clubs and Lindisfarne, the rest, also–rans. In other words, the same boring comp it has been for years and years and years and years and...
If the TSL fell over, which I'm not all that sure will happen, it would have to go back to a Premier League again 👍🏻
The SFL hasn't been that predictable! Noone would have predicted five years ago what happened to Claremont last year, and both Cygnet and Lindisfarne, going back a bit, had extensive periods of lamentable ordinariness before their current good form. Hobart might flick a switch one day, New Norfolk has only recently come back to the pack, and the Sharks and Huonville are always up there. Sorell and Brighton are the only ones who never look likely. If you brought back the five TSL sides, you'd definitely manage a competitive six team comp, and if they don't act like turds towards each other again they might have a pretty robust eight team roster...

North have it in their constitution that they will play in the best comp available, so I'd imagine they'd ask the question of the NWFL if they couldn't play statewide. Launceston would pair up, and if South were asked they'd join too...

If not, then the NTFA would realign itself. The Premier Div might end up looking very much like the old NTFA, although there would be a big question mark over Scottsdale. Longford would be in like Flynn, but GT and Deloraine would umm and uhh. None of the other teams are geographically favourable if the old firm join...

I'd have three divisions, with the third and maybe the second not required to field three teams. Six elite, with transfer rules to aid them becoming northern destination teams, then split the rest according to ability to function. It's getting pretty hard for the country sides, the latest being Bridport, but it's important they are aided in getting a lineup on the field...

I'd also have the intrastate games back as either the bridge to the Devils or as the showcase matches for recruiters. Depending on what leagues exist, a five game head to head between two teams or a six game series with a final for three. Design every roster to make it work. The best sides might grumble, but Clarence and Glenorchy are discovering that notions of inherent supremacy are fleeting at best, so best to go with what helps everybody...remember ten years ago when Glenorchy had sides in both senior comps in Hobart and looked set to dominate Tasmanian footy forever? Maybe even a limited player swap system to ensure the games remain competitive but still retain their identity...we've seen BBL cricket turn parochial sentiment on
We did hear on the coast last year that both Launceston and North Launceston had made some inquiries about joining the NWFL if the TSL ends. I don't know if that was correct but it may be.

We did hear on the coast last year that both Launceston and North Launceston had made some inquiries about joining the NWFL if the TSL ends. I don't know if that was correct but it may be.
So they'd still have to travel anyway. Much the same costs & $80k less from AFLTas.

If we end up with an AFL team, even with a VFL team, you'd still need a state league.

If Clarence go we'd bring in a NWC team. 7 teams & a better balance.

When we had the VFL Devils, the gap from SFL/NTFL etc, was too great then. It'd be a lot more now,

Great to see Lauderdale knock off North Shore in the seniors. North Shore play in Geelong Football League which is one of the strongest leagues in Victoria underneath the VFL

Great to see Lauderdale knock off North Shore in the seniors. North Shore play in Geelong Football League which is one of the strongest leagues in Victoria underneath the VFL
It was scrappy to start with but the standard towards the end of the game was great. Was a really entertaining game to watch

So they'd still have to travel anyway. Much the same costs & $80k less from AFLTas.

If we end up with an AFL team, even with a VFL team, you'd still need a state league.

If Clarence go we'd bring in a NWC team. 7 teams & a better balance.

When we had the VFL Devils, the gap from SFL/NTFL etc, was too great then. It'd be a lot more now,
I just don’t see how Glenorchy stay in the league after what will happen to them this year. Having an underage system with extreme low numbers will hinder them also.
North Hobart went through something similar but had many underage players and still it’s taken 5 years to get where they are.
They have to make their club more appealing and I believe dropping to the SFL would do so. The old notions of playing in the best league possible have to be balanced with what’s best for the players you have left. How many Glenorchy players would play in the VFL team? Kamaric? Maybe/maybe not. Gunther if back yes. Grace if back and aligns with them yes.
Just my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

General TSL Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back