Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
I am a little reluctant to say too much regarding our clubs dealings with the HCC in case it is misinterpreted.
I will say that we have a really good relationship with the Council and we are a valued tenant.

The soon as all this mess is cleaned up the better. Good luck to both clubs with thier submissions.
council are already dealing with AFL Tas on the matter but it appears that HFC will move in and you guys move out providing they get the licence. May have something to do with a new lift going in to the Plaister stand and who will pay for it? also heard that the HCC are paying for HFC's lights in anticipation of them moving venues? sounds like HCC are in bed with AFL Tas to me? If I were the roosters I would be getting some legal advice

YouTube clip of former NHFC Chairman, Paul Curtain, talking about the current situation.

wow no punches pulled here, this bloke is furious, you can tell. Can anyone tell me when the licence applications are due to be lodged? I thought it was this Friday? If so how can anyone be told they have a licence when they havent even had the lodgement day arrive yet and havent seen either submission. I cannot see why the 1 club per city should not be awarded to the club that meets all the original criteria? Surely the criteria cannot be changed month to month to suit the peak body? Personally I feel both clubs need to get together and say to AFL Tas "we have no issue being in competition with each other and may the best team win however neither of us will change our names, colours, logo's or business brand, if you make us we will both go back to the SFL", be in charge of your own destiny for once, If Hobart get the licence, they cease to be Hobart and they lose everything they have stood for over the journey, a new club will not get a following and as Paul says there is abslutely no certainty about a Kingborough team yet especially as the current team down there will not get the licence so this league may well fall over very soon, the Huon clubs and players wont be involved, to think otherwise is incredulous

Given Wade's apparent vendetta against Hobart, I can't quite get over the idea that Hobart might get the licence. From the outset I had assumed it would be North Hobart. I can only assume that the reason AFL Tas want to control the board of HFC in the TSL is not going to be good for Hobart (whether by accident or design, probably both given AFL Tas history over more than a decade).
I wonder if it is a failsafe move, so if (when) the Kingborough club fails in Southern Cats fashion AFL Tas will have the numbers to merge Hobart with them. I'm not a fan of mad conspiracy theories generally, but when an orgainsation seems to be run by mad conspirators one has to wonder what the reason may be when they start doing more mad things.

council are already dealing with AFL Tas on the matter but it appears that HFC will move in and you guys move out providing they get the licence. May have something to do with a new lift going in to the Plaister stand and who will pay for it? also heard that the HCC are paying for HFC's lights in anticipation of them moving venues? sounds like HCC are in bed with AFL Tas to me? If I were the roosters I would be getting some legal advice

I am with DOSACHOCKER1 - has there been a bit going on behind the scenes here? Do long term & exsiting tenancies count for anything? Is suggestion that HFC will not have to make contribution after all to our city council for their new TCA lights - how does that work? Anyone know when North Hobart lights to be ready, been a while compared to KGV?

Did anybody catch WIN news tonight??

Was a interview with Paul Harris ( SFL president ) who absolutley gave it to Scott Wade, was saying that somebody has to pull him to line, has lost total resepect of the football community and is ruining Tasmanian football ( all totally true )
Wade was given the oppotunity to reply but declided, saying he is intitled to his opinion.

As a football lover Mr Wade his opinion is the same as EVERY FOOTBALL SUPPORTER in this state, and its YOU who is the major problem.

WHY WONT YOU LISTEN

Great Article from The Sunday Tasmania that tells the story of Generation's Of North Hobart Supporters who have supported there Club.Something a Prefab plastic club will NEVER HAVE

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2012/07/29/350131_afl.html

Yes a good call.
I heard on the abc that Paul Harris, MLC & past President of the SFL has called for an enquiry into AFLTas financial dealings. I dont know how the upper house does such things but it might shed some light on how the boys club operates, wink, wink, nudge, nugde, know wot I mean, aye!

Yes a good call.
I heard on the abc that Paul Harris, MLC & past President of the SFL has called for an enquiry into AFLTas financial dealings. I dont know how the upper house does such things but it might shed some light on how the boys club operates, wink, wink, nudge, nugde, know wot I mean, aye!

As long as we arent wasting taxpayers money im all for it, some of these bloke might actually become accountable

As long as we arent wasting taxpayers money im all for it, some of these bloke might actually become accountable

I see an article in the muckery says that AFLTas get $500k from the government! What for?
Paul Harris asked questions about how its spent.
I also hear that Wrest point are pulling out of their sponsorship. Thats not good, although if AFLTas are only spending it on themselves & their mates then who cares!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Tas had a meeting with Kingborough last night, dont surprised if Kingborough are playing statewide next year, with the ressie playing SFL......... IDIOTS

AFL Tas had a meeting with Kingborough last night, dont surprised if Kingborough are playing statewide next year, with the ressie playing SFL......... IDIOTS
That will be interesting as the new Kingborough team had the same criteria as hobart and north, it has to be new emblem, song, jumper and all that crap. If afltas let kingborough enter as the tigers where will that leave the winner of the city license?
Would also have loved to have seen how differently afltas dealed with the 3 clubs

So an 11 team comp next year. Do North & Hobart have a year to run on their initial license agreement? If i was them i would'nt be doing AFL Tas any favours by going a year early.

That will be interesting as the new Kingborough team had the same criteria as hobart and north, it has to be new emblem, song, jumper and all that crap. If afltas let kingborough enter as the tigers where will that leave the winner of the city license?
Would also have loved to have seen how differently afltas dealed with the 3 clubs

Im not sure but i assume Kingborough will be the same emblem, colours etc, thats why the new city side will changing everything

What a farce

Im not sure but i assume Kingborough will be the same emblem, colours etc, thats why the new city side will changing everything

What a farce
wade said on another forum that the new Kingborough side is not having to fulfill the same requirements of the inner city licence which indicates that they may or may not be a newly branded club, basically there is a lot of stuff flying around however Nth Hobart do believe regardless of name changes etc that they will be the only club out of the 2 which will meet all criteria given that the name change etc was the only moot point, Hobart unfortunately have no junior pathway up and running although I assume they have a plan and are having a go at implementing it? but losing Sandy Bay juniors to Nth Hobart puts them in a strong position and that wont change from what I have been told. Like I said it is just a pity both these clubs could not have just gone head to head on functional criteria and the best team wins, just like laying basically. I follow Hobart but feel Nth Hobart would be the better long term prospect given the Tiges history. The Kingborough thing wont work because they are relying on a cohort that wont engage, huon player do not want to play TSL, simple fact just like the Carvers etc from the valley of love.

The Kingborough thing wont work because they are relying on a cohort that wont engage, huon player do not want to play TSL, simple fact just like the Carvers etc from the valley of love.

Spot on, I know of a couple of talented juniors who live in the Huon and they are playing for Clarence and N hobart cause there parents are ex huon players who hate Kingborough, People dont like some clubs and things will never change.

Spot on, I know of a couple of talented juniors who live in the Huon and they are playing for Clarence and N hobart cause there parents are ex huon players who hate Kingborough, People dont like some clubs and things will never change.
that is true, heaps went to Clarence when Blight went there whom were in Hobarts zone, some of thos eplayers would have helped the tiges make finals I believe. lets just sit back and see, things will change again

I see an article in the muckery says that AFLTas get $500k from the government! What for?
Paul Harris asked questions about how its spent.
I also hear that Wrest point are pulling out of their sponsorship. Thats not good, although if AFLTas are only spending it on themselves & their mates then who cares!!

i doubt that wrest point would pull sponsorship as Dominic Baker is head of the federal group.

wade is very out of touch and seems to stubbon to admit when he is wrong.

I've just got the morning paper. Back page all about a meeting with North Hobart, Hobart & AFL Tas tomorrow for 'a major announcement'.
Will they learn their fate? Will they be strong armed into an amalgamation?
All I can say is NO AMALGAMATION. I dont want either team to die. Both teams must survive, even in different competitions.
I think we know who should be moved on though!

This is the article Madmug was talking about............

D-DAY is looming for North Hobart and Hobart as both clubs head to football headquarters tomorrow for a major announcement by AFL Tasmania.
After months of wrangling over the sole inner-city TSL licence up for grabs, both clubs are on edge with their presidents and board members officially summoned to the meeting.
AFL Tasmania officials would not reveal the nature of the gathering when contacted yesterday.
However, it is believed the meeting is not to ask either club for more information about their submissions to win the licence that will allow them to continue in the State League beyond next year.
That leaves only four possibilities:
  • North Hobart has won the licence.
  • Hobart has won the licence.
  • AFL Tasmania will insist on a merger.
  • If they don't merge, AFL Tasmania will threaten to start a brand new club
AFL Tasmania will be represented by chairman Dominic Baker, and board members Mark Ryan and Scott Clayton, while CEO Scott Wade and TSL general manager Shaun Young sit in the background.
The clubs have been told that only their president and one other representative can be spokesmen on the day, with all other board members to be observers only.
In response to the meeting, Hobart's board met last night to go over its plan to provide any further information AFL Tasmania may require.
Tigers president Sean Sullivan said no details were provided to his club as to the nature of the meeting, only the invitation.
Sullivan would be surprised if the licence winner was announced tomorrow.
``Yes I would. I don't believe they can make that decision by Friday,'' Sullivan said.
``If they do I'd be very surprised.
``We're preparing to show them more info.
``I would suggest they'll tell us what they want, and then they'll tell us to go away and come back again in a fortnight or something like that.''
North Hobart president Bruce Free was also in the dark.
``What the agenda is I don't know,'' Free said.
``All I know is there will be a couple of AFL Tasmania directors there, so we're looking forward to whatever discussions come our way.''
It is understood submissions by both clubs met the AFL Tasmania desired criteria, including changing existing club colours, emblem and song and changes to club governance.

Any word out of AFL Tas?

Its a lot like Alice in Wonderland. Curiouser & curiouser.:confused: With AFL Tas running the mad hatters tea party!
It looks like they were offerered 50% each in a joint venture in the 'city' license.!!!!
They stay as NHFC & HFC legal entities & play in the SFL or OS (I think?) Or was it the Oatlands comp?
Both keep their colours board song etc etc.
I'm just flabergated with the backtracking, sidestepping & utter crap that serves as management of Tassie football.
Which clubs are next to be turned upside down & rung out????
WHY did we go through all this application crap?
"What a load of rubbish" ( from the NHO terraces):confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

General TSL Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back