Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
PLEASE CONSIDER:

At present North Hobart & Hobart have a contract to field senior teams in the TSL in 2013.

However AFL TAS are starting to make noises that they want the "Hobart City Team" & "Kingston" playing in 2013.

Kingston stated they believe they need another 12 months to get their house in order. Hence they see 2014 a their first season in the TSL.

Hobart are very keen to start up the "Hobart City Team" in 2013. It seems logical considering their lack of success on the field and the rumours there will be an exodus of players at the end of 2012.

North Hobart have by all accounts signed the majority of there players for the 2013 season and are keen for a final year under the North Hobart name in the TSL.

If I was a cynic I would think NHFC would be ecstatic going forward with the 2014 scenario. If HFC are a token member of the "Hobart City Team" in regards to players, it would be interesting to see how resolute their board/members are in this new structure. Sure everyone states their keeness to join forces, but if your motivation to be on the present HFC committee was because of a son playing at the club, there might be a change of heart when your son cannot get a game at the new club and moves on.

So what do AFL TAS do if the "merger" fails in a few years due to the lack of genuine input by HFC. Do AFL TAS take over the 50% stake or give NHFC the whole 100%.

Sandy Bay F.C basically folded the senior club and now only exist in the history books. I fear HFC attempting to stay in the big league will ultimately lose their history and the North Hobart oval will just be a venue to store their past flags/trophies/photographs.

It would be interesting to understand the thoughts on AFL TAS if the situation arises where either NHFC or HFC believe the other is not pulling their weight.

I unfortunately believe the joining of HFC & NHFC will eventually fail.

However I am sure that AFL TAS will have another great idea to roll out when this happens!!!

We are only 2 days away from the grand final and its very quiet on these forums, is it that people dont care, or that with all the crap in the last 6 months, people carnt be bothered.

Anyway big day at the luncheon tomorrow, Mark Williams will be a good speaker and the beer will be cold, so it will be a good day!

We are only 2 days away from the grand final and its very quiet on these forums, is it that people dont care, or that with all the crap in the last 6 months, people carnt be bothered.

Anyway big day at the luncheon tomorrow, Mark Williams will be a good speaker and the beer will be cold, so it will be a good day!

Yes I think it shows that people are pretty ambivialent to the TSL & the GF (ie couldnt give a rats rear end about it:eek: )
That's sad but what would anyone expect with the crap we keep getting out of AFL Tas, the wholey owned subsidiary of the AFL.
I wonder if they have decided what the crowd will be as yet:D. & Thats just a part of their creative accounting!!
Talk about rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. AFL Tas are the ones who fired the torpedoes at it in the first place.!!

Its like when someone that you know,dies !!! people find it dificult to approach the 'family'
In this case Footy in tasssie is dead, and particular NHFC and HFC supporters

I note the mercury today is trying to get Trent Standen off his (no appearance at tribunal)
suspension, does anyone know the true story??

PS does anyone know who Brett Stubbs supports in local footy ???. i know that Adam Smith
and James Bresnehan are Clarence followers

I knew another good idea would not be long coming from AFL Tasmania.

North Hobart & Hobart combine to put a colts side in the TSL for the 2013 season. Additionally Kingston also have a team in the colts in 2013.

The comparison to the Gold Coast Suns & Giants having a team in the VFL the year before having a senior side in the AFL.

Firstly GCS & Giants were completely new clubs that were starting from scratch in the best competition in the country-AFL!!

It is an insult to NHFC & HFC who have a combination of almost 200 years in Tasmania (mostly in the major competition.

Also is it a possible face saving exercise by AFL Tasmania to save HFC from not being able to field its own colts side in 2013.

The admission by AFL Tasmania that a generation of supporters may have ben lost because of the NHFC & HFC merger is very disturbing. Additionally the statement from AFL Tasmania that they are not initially concerned about a drop in crowd numbers also rings the alarm bells.

I try and see the glass half full but it is disappointing when the vision of AFL Tasmania seems so far off the mark.

If crowds numbers continue to fall, sponsorship drops off and a decreasing number of Tasmanian footballers are drafted to the AFL then how can this "Vision" be good for Tasmanian football.

I tha Colts move is correct it sort of makes some type of sense. Its the original decision to scrap NOrth Hobart and Hobart from the TSL in favour of some TSL controlled semi-merged mashed together entity and Southern Cats Mark 2 that is so incredibly wrong on every level (except an ego rubbing and the centralisation of power into Wade's hands - from AFL Tas point of view that seems to be right, from a football, club, league or any perspectoive beyond the power-grabbers it is amazingly wrong).

I stil want to know why the other club presidents have kicked up a stink over the goings on at AFL Tas. We know Devonport's existence is under the gun, South seem to making moves like Wade will eventually force anyway, "re-branding" rather than building the club. Honestly, will it make the slightest difference being called the Bulldogs or the Hell's Satans; if so, it would probably be a negatove one as Kingpin and others had when Hobart weren't the Tigers. Expanding community involvement might help, if that is possible given what the already do, but that sort of thinking is not very well aligned with AFL Tas delusions that they are a mini-AFL.

I tha Colts move is correct it sort of makes some type of sense. Its the original decision to scrap NOrth Hobart and Hobart from the TSL in favour of some TSL controlled semi-merged mashed together entity and Southern Cats Mark 2 that is so incredibly wrong on every level (except an ego rubbing and the centralisation of power into Wade's hands - from AFL Tas point of view that seems to be right, from a football, club, league or any perspectoive beyond the power-grabbers it is amazingly wrong).

I stil want to know why the other club presidents have kicked up a stink over the goings on at AFL Tas. We know Devonport's existence is under the gun, South seem to making moves like Wade will eventually force anyway, "re-branding" rather than building the club. Honestly, will it make the slightest difference being called the Bulldogs or the Hell's Satans; if so, it would probably be a negatove one as Kingpin and others had when Hobart weren't the Tigers. Expanding community involvement might help, if that is possible given what the already do, but that sort of thinking is not very well aligned with AFL Tas delusions that they are a mini-AFL.

I take it you mean why the other club presidents 'havent' kicked up a stink over all this?
The answer is probably that AFLTas have either paid off some clubs. Burnie, Devonport, South, Lauderdale have all been given extra money(maybe some others too) or the clubs fear retribution. I remember when Mark Thurlow the past president of Launceston kicked up a stink he got a fine slapped over his head for 'bringing the game into disrepute'.
All the clubs are struggling IMO, AFLTas would use that against them IMO.
As a terrace expert, I have no idea where all this constant chipping away at the clubs is leading us. If the public, supporters & volunteers keep getting treated like idiots, then they will just walk away from footy.
Things are tough enough right now without AFLTas backstabbing clubs. Running around waving a big stick is no management technique IMO
I dont know where this will all end up. I dont have any confidence in the future of club footy in Tassie.
AFLHQ obviously dont care.

I take it you mean why the other club presidents 'havent' kicked up a stink over all this?
The answer is probably that AFLTas have either paid off some clubs. Burnie, Devonport, South, Lauderdale have all been given extra money(maybe some others too) or the clubs fear retribution. I remember when Mark Thurlow the past president of Launceston kicked up a stink he got a fine slapped over his head for 'bringing the game into disrepute'.
All the clubs are struggling IMO, AFLTas would use that against them IMO.
As a terrace expert, I have no idea where all this constant chipping away at the clubs is leading us. If the public, supporters & volunteers keep getting treated like idiots, then they will just walk away from footy.
Things are tough enough right now without AFLTas backstabbing clubs. Running around waving a big stick is no management technique IMO
I dont know where this will all end up. I dont have any confidence in the future of club footy in Tassie.
AFLHQ obviously dont care.
Yes, I meant "haven't", quite a typo that one.

And, yes, you could be right. Only Clarence and Glenorchy really have any safety, and it would require the clubs to get together in secrecy before launching a united assault on the shenanigans at AFL Tas. I am still surprised it hasn't been tried, but I guess the fear of retribution may be too high and club presidents quite rightly are protecting their club above all else.

Yes, I meant "haven't", quite a typo that one.

And, yes, you could be right. Only Clarence and Glenorchy really have any safety, and it would require the clubs to get together in secrecy before launching a united assault on the shenanigans at AFL Tas. I am still surprised it hasn't been tried, but I guess the fear of retribution may be too high and club presidents quite rightly are protecting their club above all else.

They tried something like that with Paul Lennon. It fell apart because some were pain off. Now its come home to bite them on the bum. Why would clubs like Clarence, North Launceston or Glenorchy say anything in public? AFLTas would get them back anyway. Their is no trust, & now no confidence.
I'm off to the Old scholars GF. DOSA v Hutchins. It might help me get over last night:p

Has anybody else heard this? The things you hear around town... extremely reliable source as well. Wouldn't post it if I thought it was bulls***
Scott Wade has contacted both a recently delisted AFL player and an established senior player from Lauderdale about playing for Hobart in 2013. Is this bloke serious? No matter how much of a vested interest they reckon they have in this whole process, you can not, as the CEO of the league, work for one club against the 9 others in the TSL! Imagine the uproar if Demetriou was found to be recruiting players to play for Port! Shows how much they are absolutely sh**ting themselves about Hobart's on field prospects next year and how that might reasonate into the makeup/establishment of the Hobart city team in 2014. They cynic in me thinks that they wanted desperately to get this going next year due to Hobart's awful on field position, and forgot to read the fine print on the document they signed in 2009 pledging to keep the make up of the TSL the same for the first 5 years to encourage long term 'stability'. F***, hasnt that gone well! Things are real stable Scott, well done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anybody else heard this? The things you hear around town... extremely reliable source as well. Wouldn't post it if I thought it was bulls***
Scott Wade has contacted both a recently delisted AFL player and an established senior player from Lauderdale about playing for Hobart in 2013. Is this bloke serious?long term 'stability'. Things are real stable Scott, well done!

Nothing should surprise anyone.
The punters are voting with their feet, the sponsors are heading that way too.
The whole TSL thing has been a farce since the day AFL started it up again after the Tassie Devils copped some of AFL Tasmania's facial tumour & were killed off!!!
Rotten to the core.

Scott Wade has contacted both a recently delisted AFL player and an established senior player from Lauderdale about playing for Hobart in 2013. Is this bloke serious? No matter how much of a vested interest they reckon they have in this whole process, you can not, as the CEO of the league, work for one club against the 9 others in the TSL! Imagine the uproar if Demetriou was found to be recruiting players to play for Port! Shows how much they are absolutely sh**ting themselves about Hobart's on field prospects next year and how that might reasonate into the makeup/establishment of the Hobart city team in 2014. They cynic in me thinks that they wanted desperately to get this going next year due to Hobart's awful on field position, and forgot to read the fine print on the document they signed in 2009 pledging to keep the make up of the TSL the same for the first 5 years to encourage long term 'stability'. F***, hasnt that gone well! Things are real stable Scott, well done!

webberely 30-50k

Probably the same way Jason Laycock plays for Burnie, Thorpe was at South Launceston, Aker at Glenorchy. The league can change the rules to suit individual clubs.

AFL Tas changing rules and guidelines? :eek::eek::eek::eek: never!

But seriously, you make a fair point. I doubt those 3 mentioned they would have been approached by the CEO of the league to do it though....

Has to be either Cassidy or Dienno.

Well the paper says Jamie Charlesworth. He is to be an assistant coach. He played for Hobart & the Devils & had 4 years in Queensland. I remember him as good little midfielder. I guess 4 years away & playing state footy for Qld, he would have developed a fair bit. Hobart talk about other possible recruits. Good luck to them. As long as AFLTas arent footing the bill!

Remove this Banner Ad

General TSL Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back