Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Interesting day at work. My Magpie Mate couldn't wait to tell me about the Glenorchy AGM. He said a group tried to take the club over but were beaten when current President was re-elected by 99 votes to 53 over the father of 2 players who stood against him.
I thought it strange after a premiership that a group wanted to take over. I guess its healthy to have a contested election. Most clubs cant find anyone to help run things.! I know a number have moved to the mainland but surely thats not the Presidents fault?
MM said the players have been paid, theirs money in the bank & the club is now trading in the black, also club had a trading loss of $60k last year. That was due to the delayed start in their new clubrooms.
I guess that fits in with the report in the paper that some Glenorchy Councillors want an audit of how the money was spent on the new building & why it took so long to finish. Thats quite interesting. Council fingers in the Mag-pie?? :)

Anyway NHCFC desperately need to hurry & get back to being NHFC. Claiming the clubs heritage back is vital. Also the NRL game coming could make or break the club. Hope for good weather & 14000 like last time. That was a fantastic day for the club.

Any news on other clubs?

Was it the same group that tried to challenge before do you know? I believe Luke Martin was one party that tried to become president in the past and failed, but there was also from memory other challengers that the news had reported when Luke tried to challenge for the presidency as well.

I'd be interested to find out why the delays and such as well, I took a few photos of it before it was finally completed as per the request of their Facebook page admin, no idea if they ever used them I didn't see them on their page. Nor the training shots I did. But I still have them lying around.

I have been following the "Bring Back North Hobart" Facebook page, they're encouraging people to get on board the Demons this season, when I was doing photos for Clarence's practices matches last year a few were saying that a lot of people they knew weren't coming back until North Hobart did. So I wonder if this is going to assist any.

Burnie have lost Zac Smith, Zane Murphy and Darren Banham.

Cam Hall joined from the SANFL, Andrew Lee, Nick McKenna, Nick and Harry Walters, Rudy Barrett and Tyrone Morrison return.

Kade Munday still hasn't decided his future yet, club will be giving him as much time as he needs to decide.

From this article: http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/4459435/leaders-back-to-help-guide-burnies-youngsters/?cs=88

Last edited:
Was it the same group that tried to challenge before do you know? I believe Luke Martin was one party that tried to become president in the past and failed, but there was also from memory other challengers that the news had reported when Luke tried to challenge for the presidency as well.

I'd be interested to find out why the delays and such as well, I took a few photos of it before it was finally completed as per the request of their Facebook page admin, no idea if they ever used them I didn't see them on their page. Nor the training shots I did. But I still have them lying around.

I have been following the "Bring Back North Hobart" Facebook page, they're encouraging people to get on board the Demons this season, when I was doing photos for Clarence's practices matches last year a few were saying that a lot of people they knew weren't coming back until North Hobart did. So I wonder if this is going to assist any.

Burnie have lost Zac Smith, Zane Murphy and Darren Banham.

Cam Hall joined from the SANFL, Andrew Lee, Nick McKenna, Nick and Harry Walters, Rudy Barrett and Tyrone Morrison return.

Kade Munday still hasn't decided his future yet, club will be giving him as much time as he needs to decide.

From this article: http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/4459435/leaders-back-to-help-guide-burnies-youngsters/?cs=88

My understanding is that the father of the Arnold boys has stood for Glenorchy president 3 times. I guess the current President is doing a good enough job or the his opponent cant get support for some reason.
North Hobart need to get the Hobart city constitution changed to allow a vote to change back to North Hobart. The debt is another issue.
I think a few clubs must be doubting the TSL. I think 10 teams was silly, 9 is stupid. Maybe we'll get to 8 where it should have been all along.
Either the AFL want a state league or they don't. So structure & fund it better, or walk away before they kill any more clubs.

My understanding is that the father of the Arnold boys has stood for Glenorchy president 3 times. I guess the current President is doing a good enough job or the his opponent cant get support for some reason.
North Hobart need to get the Hobart city constitution changed to allow a vote to change back to North Hobart. The debt is another issue.
I think a few clubs must be doubting the TSL. I think 10 teams was silly, 9 is stupid. Maybe we'll get to 8 where it should have been all along.
Either the AFL want a state league or they don't. So structure & fund it better, or walk away before they kill any more clubs.
Luke Martin seemed to think his ticket was going to get over the line but he was defeated, and another party which I assume was the father of the Arnold boys was the one that had a rival ticket and got defeated the last time I heard of a challenge. I listened to John McCann towards the end of 2014 talking about the whole redevelopment and such, seemed to have a fair bit of support at that members meeting.

It seemed the only problem was how they were making money while the bar wasn't in use, which lead to the temp bar being used.

I think if the AFL is really fair dinkum about Tasmanian football surviving they would start to get some funding into it and help it get better managed, way too many bad decisions being made and not enough action to correct it. I think the state league was a real bad idea, considering the fans are just not there. I am not sure how they're going to get them back, if there's any chance of that but the state league's just going to keep the clubs bleeding money.

A league in the south and north at top level and then lower levels seems to be the better option, I know many fans have a lot of doubts the league, so I wouldn't be surprised if clubs had the same.

On the radio show I have co-hosted we interviewed Paul Curtain, and he spoke about the vote coming up to either stay as North Hobart and enter the SFL, or stay and become Hobart City. It seemed he suggested that the vote for the Hobart City thing was going to come down to whether they got the SFL license and it seemed that they weren't sure if they were getting it so people panicked and voted that. It would be good if they could change back, many want it, not sure who really wants them to remain Hobart City other than those in charge.

Luke Martin seemed to think his ticket was going to get over the line but he was defeated, and another party which I assume was the father of the Arnold boys was the one that had a rival ticket and got defeated the last time I heard of a challenge. I listened to John McCann towards the end of 2014 talking about the whole redevelopment and such, seemed to have a fair bit of support at that members meeting.

It seemed the only problem was how they were making money while the bar wasn't in use, which lead to the temp bar being used.

I think if the AFL is really fair dinkum about Tasmanian football surviving they would start to get some funding into it and help it get better managed, way too many bad decisions being made and not enough action to correct it. I think the state league was a real bad idea, considering the fans are just not there. I am not sure how they're going to get them back, if there's any chance of that but the state league's just going to keep the clubs bleeding money.

A league in the south and north at top level and then lower levels seems to be the better option, I know many fans have a lot of doubts the league, so I wouldn't be surprised if clubs had the same.

On the radio show I have co-hosted we interviewed Paul Curtain, and he spoke about the vote coming up to either stay as North Hobart and enter the SFL, or stay and become Hobart City. It seemed he suggested that the vote for the Hobart City thing was going to come down to whether they got the SFL license and it seemed that they weren't sure if they were getting it so people panicked and voted that. It would be good if they could change back, many want it, not sure who really wants them to remain Hobart City other than those in charge.

100%.

Wade and his cronies wanted NH gone and HC in so badly after their license process failed (that both clubs spent 10K plus on only to be told 'we aren't assessing them, you both need to merge') and then of course after this the diabolical merger process.

They threatened the club with losing it's lease on NHO if it wasnt playing in the top level competetion and then had got in Kyron Johnson's ear about us being no certainty to get the SFL licence if the club chose that path.

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/881f5f0e962207ba09a5bc76f98b5166

So basically we had the extremely risky vote of keeping our identity but having no certainty of a ground to play on or league to play in, therefore the chance of 100% of nothing or at least 50% of something and crawl our way back once the Mafia in the offices above the Gorringe Stand were gone.

Keep in mind this happened to a club who had recorded 9 out of 10 straight years of profits in the 10 years leading to 2012 when the merger process started, in that time accruing profits of $321,869 . We had played in the GF in 2008, and made the finals in 2010 (kick away from a prelim) and 2011. We also had one of the strongest and best run junior programs in the state in NHJFC.

The whole thing was an absolute scandal when the facts are laid out. The injustice of it burns at me having been a player at the club in 2012 and remembering the 'why us?' feeling around the club, and the effect it had on long time NHFC people. It wont be healed until we return to our rightful place.

We have managed to revert the legal name back to NHFC (originally in the first season - 2014 - the club was purely HCFC ltd, it is now NHFC Ltd trading as HCD) http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbnHistory.aspx?abn=35166771660.

And of course we got the Demons name back after having no nickname for the first half of 2014
Now of course, the two biggest ones. Firstly getting our jumper back, and the name.

There are 3 major stumbling blocks on the board that are huge barriers to us returning (no need to name them, anyone with a clue can work it out). They are living in this fantasy world that the HC brand is 'gaining traction' - despite not gone near a profit in their 3 years of operation, being at the VERY least $75,000 in debt despite having $48,244 in free kicks from the surplus of NHFC Inc to HCFC Ltd (Now NHFC Ltd) in that time. So really on their own they're AT LEAST $123,244 in the red and currently have 80 paid up members. It IS NOT sustainable. We do not have another 2 years of this left.

It's just time. The momentum is now, and we can't die wondering.

Last edited:
Throwing away 130 years history for some wanky 'marketing' strategy was just plain stupid. Just one more incredibly dumb decision by the powers at AFL house.
Cant cry over Wades incompetence. NHFC needs to regain its history & heritage. Trade on that. Its the only way forward.

Magpie Mate tells me some oldies in the club keep pulling it back & living in the 1980s.
The Pies seem on the right track to me. With a premiership & new social club, what else do they want? I dont know why people wouldnt get on board.
I guess every club has its problems one way or another.

Throwing away 130 years history for some wanky 'marketing' strategy was just plain stupid. Just one more incredibly dumb decision by the powers at AFL house.
Cant cry over Wades incompetence. NHFC needs to regain its history & heritage. Trade on that. Its the only way forward.

Magpie Mate tells me some oldies in the club keep pulling it back & living in the 1980s.
The Pies seem on the right track to me. With a premiership & new social club, what else do they want? I dont know why people wouldnt get on board.
I guess every club has its problems one way or another.

Yep, and now the club is on there tonight telling everyone 'its all good, nothing to see here folks'

Yep 3 years in, over 100k in debt and 80 paid up members is great. President stating at the AGM the club was 'technically insolvent' is even better.

Comment on there tonight states something along the lines of 'a brand, identity is only as good as the people in it'

No actually, a brand or identity is about how well it resonates with the stakeholders in the relevant industry. Yours doesn't at all. Never has, never will. You have a huge opportunity to re-engage wiht all the people you've lost over the last 5 years by actually returning to an instantly recognisable 'identity' that will legitimately overnight change the outlook for the club. But apparently anyone that disagrees with them doesn't have an 'informed opinion'.

Didn't Einstein say the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results?

Yes
The NHFC has to Get back to reality. It is what it is. A 136 year old club with a strong community history. They need to trade in that asap. They also need to pray the weather is ok for the Rugby League game next month.
Let us pray;)
week. 18th of Feb.

and the weather 18C, 60% of 1-5mm of rain. could be messy, could be golden. hopefully, the local press will start writing those articles about the game this week.

100%.

Wade and his cronies wanted NH gone and HC in so badly after their license process failed (that both clubs spent 10K plus on only to be told 'we aren't assessing them, you both need to merge') and then of course after this the diabolical merger process.

They threatened the club with losing it's lease on NHO if it wasnt playing in the top level competetion and then had got in Kyron Johnson's ear about us being no certainty to get the SFL licence if the club chose that path.

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/881f5f0e962207ba09a5bc76f98b5166

So basically we had the extremely risky vote of keeping our identity but having no certainty of a ground to play on or league to play in, therefore the chance of 100% of nothing or at least 50% of something and crawl our way back once the Mafia in the offices above the Gorringe Stand were gone.

Keep in mind this happened to a club who had recorded 9 out of 10 straight years of profits in the 10 years leading to 2012 when the merger process started, in that time accruing profits of $321,869 . We had played in the GF in 2008, and made the finals in 2010 (kick away from a prelim) and 2011. We also had one of the strongest and best run junior programs in the state in NHJFC.

The whole thing was an absolute scandal when the facts are laid out. The injustice of it burns at me having been a player at the club in 2012 and remembering the 'why us?' feeling around the club, and the effect it had on long time NHFC people. It wont be healed until we return to our rightful place.

We have managed to revert the legal name back to NHFC (originally in the first season - 2014 - the club was purely HCFC ltd, it is now NHFC Ltd trading as HCD) http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbnHistory.aspx?abn=35166771660.

And of course we got the Demons name back after having no nickname for the first half of 2014
Now of course, the two biggest ones. Firstly getting our jumper back, and the name.

There are 3 major stumbling blocks on the board that are huge barriers to us returning (no need to name them, anyone with a clue can work it out). They are living in this fantasy world that the HC brand is 'gaining traction' - despite not gone near a profit in their 3 years of operation, being at the VERY least $75,000 in debt despite having $48,244 in free kicks from the surplus of NHFC Inc to HCFC Ltd (Now NHFC Ltd) in that time. So really on their own they're AT LEAST $123,244 in the red and currently have 80 paid up members. It IS NOT sustainable. We do not have another 2 years of this left.

100%.

The HC as a brand 'may' be gaining traction. Just not enough to justify trashing the history & brand of the NHFC. Why try & reinvent the wheel? Just get back to the club & the name that has huge recognition value in the football community, the general community & the business community.
Its a no brainer.
Forget Wades stupid, ill conceived plan & destructive behavior. Get back to sense & reality ASAP.

Does anybody know where I can find the list of TSL clearance for 2017

There is NTFL and SFL available but nothing about the TSL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anybody know where I can find the list of TSL clearance for 2017

There is NTFL and SFL available but nothing about the TSL
Preview

Surely the premier competition that has plenty of paid staff would have the clearances up on the website by now.
But its summer time and the staff are to busy playing golf

Surely the premier competition that has plenty of paid staff would have the clearances up on the website by now.
But its summer time and the staff are to busy playing golf
Yes you would think so, my theories is that they are:

1) As Whowants2know stated to snowed under to have done it....Do you get good Wi-Fi at Royal Hobart Golf Club? (If this is the case the Southern and Northern Comps admin are showing the Big Boys Up. this maybe the admin staff still have the mind set from the Wade Era.....no brainier publishing Clearances gets the fans interested in what is happening.

2) This one is a bit more tin foil hatish.... that if they published them it would show the mass exodus on one web page of all the talent out of the Premier Football Competition on the Island, and not a good look?

Last edited:
Where do we find the NTFL, TSL and SFL clearances?

I had a look on sports bet this morning North launceston $2.15 favs to win the flag. Burnie tipped for the spoon at $34 for the flag. have Burnie lost a few??

Where do we find the NTFL, TSL and SFL clearances?

I had a look on sports bet this morning North launceston $2.15 favs to win the flag. Burnie tipped for the spoon at $34 for the flag. have Burnie lost a few??
Southern Football League Clearances

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-3049-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

Northern Tasmanian Football Association Clearances

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3917-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

Tasmanian State League (TSL) Clearances

Computer say's No

In 2014 they were as shown below. But usually only found after a lot of hunting around. Previously trick was to replace 3385 (as shown in string below) with 3386, 3387 etc until you found the current year. Think TSL was only comp that continually did not publish these each year, obviously trying to be transparent (not). So try changing numbers and see how you go. :

.....2014 clearance lists - a good mandatory pre-season read, shows who has found a new home....

Clearances for TSL http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-3385-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

Clearances for Old Scholars http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-3900-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

Clearances for SFL http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3049-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

Make sure you get about and like the Bring North Hobart Home facebook page. Some great reading there, astute and accurate commentary being posted about current state of HCD versus NHFC, and lots of footy history for the fans. For Demons fans and those that support the health of footy generally, a register of pledges for future support come the day NHFC is re-born.

Make sure you get about and like the Bring North Hobart Home facebook page. Some great reading there, astute and accurate commentary being posted about current state of HCD versus NHFC, and lots of footy history for the fans. For Demons fans and those that support the health of footy generally, a register of pledges for future support come the day NHFC is re-born.
Have done so ! the New North Hobart President Mr. Mike Denehey who was elected, that is right sorry......sorry anointed by God, is a Sandy Bay FC Stooge and is trying to find a home for those lost souls.

It was sad Sandy Bay folded but that was twenty years ago..if you want to reboot Sandy Bay get them into the SFL or the Old Scholars. If North Hobart get there name back I will become a member.....Hobart City was a soccer club formed in 1981 by the way Mr. Denehey

http://walterplessonsoccer.blogspot.com.au/2009/09/hobart-city-had-chequered-history.html

Last edited:
Yes you would think so, my theories is that they are:

2) This one is a bit more tin foil hatish.... that if they published them it would show the mass exodus on one web page of all the talent out of the Premier Football Competition on the Island, and not a good look?

Hey Grey Budgie, I'm actually starting to think you are onto something here. Done a bit of research using SFL and NTFL websites.

Currently the following number of players have requested a clearance.

SFL 18 players from TSL heading to SFL this season
NTFL 23 players from TSL heading to NTFL this season

So at this stage there is 41 players leaving the TSL

This DOESN'T count other leagues, EG Old Scholars, Oatlands League, North West League. ( Sorry if I missed any ).

Is a staggering amount

Hey Grey Budgie, I'm actually starting to think you are onto something here. Done a bit of research using SFL and NTFL websites.

Currently the following number of players have requested a clearance.

SFL 18 players from TSL heading to SFL this season
NTFL 23 players from TSL heading to NTFL this season

So at this stage there is 41 players leaving the TSL

This DOESN'T count other leagues, EG Old Scholars, Oatlands League, North West League. ( Sorry if I missed any ).

Is a staggering amount

I agree.
I dont know what AFLTas are up to. The TSL have expensive expectations on the clubs but wont fund them to account for those costs. At this rate more than one will go belly up.
Either the AFL fund a state league properly or piss off altogether. They are basically destroying clubs. I recon they'd rather see clubs die or pull out rather than admit they are the cause of it all. But you get use to AFL politics & its often duplicitous behavior.
They are more interested in their own image than the health & future of the clubs, or Tasmanian football itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

General TSL Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back