George Galloway - Hizbollah Is Not A Terrorist Organization

Remove this Banner Ad

Solace said:
Wonderful interview

Lunk

How long until we see something like this on US or Aussie TV?

There is no shortage of terrorist sympathizers... if he likes Hezbollah cockroaches so much why doesn't he go to Lebanon to pick up all their dead bodies?

Solace said:
Wonderful interview

Lunk

How long until we see something like this on US or Aussie TV?

The newsreader got pwned so bad, she had no idea. When he referred to how the Israeli invasion was a failure (I wonder what a failure would look like) she had no comeback.

Galloway is a bit radical, but says some true things there. How can the IDF capture Palestinian and Lebanese ministers, people and Hezbollah fighters and then attack when Hezbollah do the same? Why do skynews and other media outlets deliberately put a slant on the coverage of the war? Is an Israeli life worth more than a Palestinian or a Lebanese life? Why, when Israel constantly refers to the "protection" of it's borders does it stretch it's borders further into Lebanon, and invade neighbouring countries?

Too many questions, too little answers. An Israeli supporters wonder why the rest of the world disagrees. :rolleyes:

I agreed with 80% of what he had to say.

Whilst I see Hezbollah as a terrorist organisation, Israel are committing war crimes as we speak.

What are the Israelis bombing in Beruit now? surely all identified targets in civilian areas are blown away by now ....inncoent Lebanese and Israelis are paying the price for silly, silly men's decisions.

Richo83 said:
Is an Israeli life worth more than a Palestinian or a Lebanese life?

This is an interesting question hidden in amongst the rest of your observations.

Firstly, I believe some lives are more valuable than others. I'm yet to develop a workable formula or definition to illustrate this, but there are situations where, if two lives are at risk, there is a clear choice of which one would be the first taken to save the other.

Secondly, some religious followers consider their own lives to be of less value than those of other religions. Many see their own human existence as nothing more than a conduit to the afterlife, whilst others view human life as a sacred gift to be protected at nearly all costs.

GhostofJimJess said:
Firstly, I believe some lives are more valuable than others. I'm yet to develop a workable formula or definition to illustrate this, but there are situations where, if two lives are at risk, there is a clear choice of which one would be the first taken to save the other.

I know you said you didnt have a working formula but ould you expand on this?

GhostofJimJess said:

So do you believe that an Israeli life, is more valuable then an arab or Lebenese life?

GhostofJimJess said:

Here's a simple formula for you to try and convince me.
Which ones would you chose?

White v Black
Jew v Muslim
Christian v Jew
Athiest v Christian
Asian v Australian
Asian V Muslim
American (US) v Australian
Hindu v Buddist

Murray said:
Here's a simple formula for you to try and convince me.
Which ones would you chose?

White v Black
Jew v Muslim
Christian v Jew
Athiest v Christian
Asian v Australian
Asian V Muslim
American (US) v Australian
Hindu v Buddist

Why does it have to be race or religious based?

Importance is to the beholder. I value my childrens lives more than any others.

skipper kelly said:

Because it was my post and that is what I wanted to say.

You develop a list in your post if you are not happy with mine

GhostofJimJess said:
This is an interesting question hidden in amongst the rest of your observations.

Secondly, some religious followers consider their own lives to be of less value than those of other religions. Many see their own human existence as nothing more than a conduit to the afterlife, whilst others view human life as a sacred gift to be protected at nearly all costs.

I do not necessarily agree entirely ... but good onya for the guts to say it... and others if you don't understand the ghost I do not think he need or will elaborate

GhostofJimJess said:

Man is not created equal.
Cultures are not created equal.
Religions are not created equal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

skipper kelly said:

Naturally. However, if your children were in no relative danger and you knew say a friend that was, you would at that moment place the life of the friend in more importance than your children.

Basically, what I'm trying to get at is that there are different levels of importance in terms of life, and depending on people or countries major interests, they evaluate accordingly. For example, while America often aims to protect Israeli citizens, partly because Israel is an ally, collateral is allowed in Lebanon and Iraq.

Then again, tell me a country that doesn't do that. Australia, Canada, UK even Switzerland do that.

It's the question that do you believe in utilitarianism, or is every life sacred? The problem is, when fighting these wars for freedom and liberty, often the people who we are trying to free and provide liberty to, are the ones who suffer.

localyokel said:
I know you said you didnt have a working formula but ould you expand on this?

I guess it would've been a lot easier to just say that every life is equally valuable, but I'd probably just be kidding myself.

Examples maybe ? In my subjective opinion ? Just off the top of my head that has been celebrating Kilkenny's big win over Clare today a little too emphatically ?

* The life of Nelson Mandela is more valuable than that of Martin Bryant.

* The life of a 12 year old Malawi sponsor child is more valuable than that of a person who is undergoing so much suffering that they wish to be euthenised.

* The life of an expectant mother is probably more valuable than that of her unborn child if the birth of that child will seriously endanger the life of its mother.

Lestat said:
So do you believe that an Israeli life, is more valuable then an arab or Lebenese life?

I dunno, what are their names?

GhostofJimJess said:
I dunno, what are their names?

Whats there names got to do with it?

Besides, we don't know, there all strangers lets say. So are the Israeli lives more valuable then that of the Lebenese?

Moo said:
Whilst I see Hezbollah as a terrorist organisation, Israel are committing war crimes as we speak.

What are the Israelis bombing in Beruit now? surely all identified targets in civilian areas are blown away by now ....inncoent Lebanese and Israelis are paying the price for silly, silly men's decisions.

Precisely. To believe that either side is innocent in this matter is ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

George Galloway - Hizbollah Is Not A Terrorist Organization

Remove this Banner Ad

Back